Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (24)

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Today we see a lot of people pussyfooting around.
They won't take a stand for God. They will not listen to the gospel.
God graciously gives them His Word, but they don't want it.
After hearing the Word of God, but refusing to accept it.
God will send them strong delusion. Why?
Because they would not receive the truth
They are open to believe the lie.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. As tragic as it is, it's what they prefer. They're just not interested in God. They prefer darkness to Light. And they never, ever would choose Him. And He already knows who they are. His patience extends however, because He knows there are still those, perhaps not born yet, who WILL embrace Him and love Him. Somehow this ties into the verse about Him knowing us since before the foundation of the world. I LOVE that HE knew me since before the foundation of the world, and worked events and my heart to embrace Him and to "hear" Him. And "finding" Him is like realizing where my "home" is. It's with HIM.

Thanks for this meditation doc :)

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
First comes grace, that means you have been saved if you have experienced the grace of God. For by grace are you saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works,(lest any man should boast (Eph. 2:8-9)
When you come to God as a lost sinner, bringing nothing, and receiving everything from Him, then you have experienced the grace of God.
He offers you salvation, the gift of God is eternal life.
You can not work for a gift, and if you do, it ceases to be a gift, and it becomes something you have earned. It becomes a payment.
God is not patting you on the back because you are a nice person.
Salvation is God offering you, a lost hell-doomed sinner eternal life if you trust Christ. That is Grace

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
First comes grace, that means you have been saved if you have experienced the grace of God. For by grace are you saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works,(lest any man should boast (Eph. 2:8-9)
When you come to God as a lost sinner, bringing nothing, and receiving everything from Him, then you have experienced the grace of God.
He offers you salvation, the gift of God is eternal life.
You can not work for a gift, and if you do, it ceases to be a gift, and it becomes something you have earned. It becomes a payment.
God is not patting you on the back because you are a nice person.
Salvation is God offering you, a lost hell-doomed sinner eternal life if you trust Christ. That is Grace

Good grief! Amen doc!! You hitted da nail on da head!! Also, it reminds me of this verse....for we are to come to God with a repentant heart just as described in this verse:

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." ~Psalm 51:17

Praise God!! Have a wunnerfully blessed Saturday my friend :)

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What has God asked you and me to do? Has He given us a super sized task that will require His talents to accomplish it? Is He concerned more about failure or success?
The apostles did not take the message to the whole world. They took it to the limit of their ability and time in their life. Did God see them as failures?

Sometimes I face opportunities that scare me. I see challenges that make me realize I can only complete them with the help of God.
I am aware of the "work of the kingdom" that needs to be accomplished that is impossible for me. However, these challenges will only be faced if I summit myself to God and allow the talents He has given me to produce.

Christianity has set a goal of reaching every man, woman and child with the gospel. This is a huge goal! It is God size!
It can only be completed if every Christian uses the talents God has given them and begins to use those talents.

Iv'e met people who gave me a big laugh and said, "It is only a "pipe dream"
and won"t cooperate with the rest of us to help complete the job.
Iv'e seen others who seem to have very limited resources and talents that are doing everything in their power to help complete that goal.

What has God asked us to do? What talents has He given us? What talent do you have that could be used in your church, on the job, or with neighbors to do more of God's work?
Are we hiding the talent God has given us? Do we have it buried in the dirt?
Are we so afraid of failure that we don't do everything we can?
God did not give us talents to cause us to fail! He gave us exactly the right amount of talents to accomplish His work.

If we have buried our talent, or hidden it away in a closet somewhere, let's dig it out and begin to use it for the glory of God.
God wants to work in us and reward us for what is produced.
God wants to accomplish His work.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Is in itself part of our praise to God.
We go to Him in a way we go to no one else. He is able to help us as no one else can.
His ability surpasses that of all whom we know. Furthermore, in prayer we submit ourselves to God's will - we pray -
"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" as the foundation of all our other prayers.
By our acknowledgement that God's will is best, we praise God indirectly for His infinite and perfect wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Christians must not only receive, but retain also the truth of God.
Our memories must be heavenly storehouses and treasuries of precious truths,
not like hour glasses, which are no sooner full but then they are running out.
Love every heavenly truth as our treasure; and what we love to keep.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Where can we seek refuge when circumstances make us confused and hurt?
What gift brings light to our confusion, truth and joy to our woundedness?

This soooooo fits the last couple o' days.....amen, doc.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving,
to the glory of God.
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do not keep back from Christ under the idea that you must come to him in a disinterested frame, and from an unselfish motive.

If you were right in this thing, who could be saved?

You are to come as you are; with all your bad motives, whatever these may be. Take all your bad motives, add them to the number of your sins, and bring them all to the altar where the great sacrifice is lying.

Go to the mercy seat. Tell the High Priest there, not
what you desire to be, nor what you ought to be, but what you are.
Tell him the honest truth as to your condition at this moment. Confess the impurity of your motives; all the evil that you feel or that you don't feel; your hard-heartedness, your blindness, your unteachableness.

Confess everything without reserve. He wants you to come to Him exactly as you are, and not to cherish the vain thought that, by a little waiting, or working, or praying, you can make yourself fit, or persuade Him to make you fit

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Our faith stands not in the wisdom of men,
but in the power of God.

Amen!!! I keep this in mind ev'ry time a glimmer of the daily news comes floatin' my way....i just pray about it all and put it all in God's hands.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do not keep back from Christ under the idea that you must come to him in a disinterested frame, and from an unselfish motive.

If you were right in this thing, who could be saved?

You are to come as you are; with all your bad motives, whatever these may be. Take all your bad motives, add them to the number of your sins, and bring them all to the altar where the great sacrifice is lying.

Go to the mercy seat. Tell the High Priest there, not
what you desire to be, nor what you ought to be, but what you are.
Tell him the honest truth as to your condition at this moment. Confess the impurity of your motives; all the evil that you feel or that you don't feel; your hard-heartedness, your blindness, your unteachableness.

Confess everything without reserve. He wants you to come to Him exactly as you are, and not to cherish the vain thought that, by a little waiting, or working, or praying, you can make yourself fit, or persuade Him to make you fit

Good grief Charlie Brown!!! Are there words to describe how profound this is? Amen doc!!! We are to take our mussed up selves to Him, skinned knees, brambles in our hair n' all, just as we are, draggin' all the pieces of our imperfect selves and the evidence of our imperfect selves to Him. ALL of it. It's this transparency that you spoke of that's key here. Reminds me of this:

“Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, it's pleasures, and it's pains, to a dear friend.

Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings, that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you coquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~Francois Fenelon

It's the only way to really "know" Him, and it indicates that we have accepted that He IS INDEED GOD, and that we are not, and that we ADORE Him, and TRUST Him, and acknowledge before all of heaven WHO He is. And come to think of it, that's the only way to find true rest, and peace, isn't it?

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We thank God for what He has done for us. We thank God for giving us brethren who live by His call, by His forgiveness, and His promise.
We do not complain of what God does not give us; we rather thank God for what He does give us daily...
In the Christian community thankfulness is just what it is anywhere else in the Christian life.
Only he who gives thanks for little things receives big things.
We prevent God from giving us the great spiritual gifts He has in store for us, because we do not give thanks for daily gifts

Upvote 0