Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (24)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
That one little verse told us that we as Christians must be devoted to a constant life of one-on-one prayer with our heavenly Father,
that maintaining a life of prayer is vital for us to continue growing in relationship with God so that we will know His perfect will.

reminds me of "walking with God" and how we are told by God Himself what is "required" of us...and it is this:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Micah 6:8

...and it is not possible to "walk with God" unless there is steady "conversation" with Him. And "conversation" with God is, in essence, "prayer".

God bless you doc, my friend. I have been blessed by this...it is what i was meditating on today.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Many things in life will fail us.
Friendships will blossom and then die. Health can be an elusive thing. Riches and wealth will often remain just beyond the reach of your finger tips.
Those we love will pass from the scene leaving a void in our hearts hard to be filled.
However, there is one thing that every child of God possesses that can never fail, never end, never run out, never run dry and that will never be found to be insufficient, and that is the grace of God!

Yes, the road may be long and dreary, the days may be filled with difficulties and struggles, but rest assured that there will be grace for every need and every trial.
That is the promise of God and that is the hope of the saints!

Upvote 0

1Sam24:12

..but mine hand shall not be upon thee. 1Sam24:12.
Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Many things in life will fail us.
Friendships will blossom and then die. Health can be an elusive thing. Riches and wealth will often remain just beyond the reach of your finger tips.
Those we love will pass from the scene leaving a void in our hearts hard to be filled.
However, there is one thing that every child of God possesses that can never fail, never end, never run out, never run dry and that will never be found to be insufficient, and that is the grace of God!

Yes, the road may be long and dreary, the days may be filled with difficulties and struggles, but rest assured that there will be grace for every need and every trial.
That is the promise of God and that is the hope of the saints!

So grateful for His grace!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Many of the greatest saints have lived and died unknown and uncared for in this world.
These saints are God's secret ones, unknown to men but well known to God.
There are many who are now living for God, and working for Him, and suffering for Him, of whom this world knows nothing.
There will not be perhaps, a paragraph about them in the newspapers, but the Lord knows them that are His.
God has hidden saints in every place.
These are the gems which no earthly eye has ever valued, but they will shine none the less brightly on that day when God makes up His Jewels

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is sad, but true, that it is all too easy for us as God's people to take for granted the rich and wonderful privilege we have to read, study and proclaim the living word of the living God.
With the passing of time, our passion and our love for God and the word that reveals Him so fully sometimes seems to cool and dim.
It ought to be just the opposite.
With the passing of time, my love for God and His word should become deeper, more passionate and more intense.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Before the daily chores begin.
Early morning is considered by most the best time to commune with God
In the evening is also a good time.Then we have rest; and we can retire from the stress and turmoil of the world, and in secrecy of our hearts commune with God.
Here are some quieting thoughts for a time of trouble.
God rules over all.
God is love. His love is holy, just, and good. It is well with all those who do his will. There may be clouds and darkness and there may be trouble; but God reigns, and his truth and mercy are spread out as wings, under which we can always find refuge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is good to look back and remember God's loving-kindness. What he has done for us is not a cause of thankfulness; but of hope.
His acts as well as his promises does not change. Nothing eludes his eye, nothing can surprise his wisdom or baffle his powers.
There are times when he seems not to hear, but this is our infirmity.
The throne of grace stands ever accessible.
If we ask we shall receive. We may be cast off and dishonored by men, but God will never forsake those who trust in him.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Hidden in Christ
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟346,909.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is good to look back and remember God's loving-kindness. What he has done for us is not a cause of thankfulness; but of hope.
His acts as well as his promises does not change. Nothing eludes his eye, nothing can surprise his wisdom or baffle his powers.
There are times when he seems not to hear, but this is our infirmity.
The throne of grace stands ever accessible.
If we ask we shall receive. We may be cast off and dishonored by men, but God will never forsake those who trust in him.
Great perspective...thanks doc

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here He tells us that there is something to see in Him, for the rose is very pleasing to look upon.
Is there a more beautiful sight than a rose that is in bud, or even one that is in full bloom?

And the lily - what a charming thing it is! It seems to be more a flower of heaven than of earth.
Well now, Christ is delightful to the eye of faith, a sight of Him brings peace, rest and hope, as no other sight can ever afford it; it so sweetens everything, so entirely takes away the bitterness of life, and brings us to anticipate the glory of the life, that is to come.

Yes, there is a beautv in Jesus to the eye of faith, He is indeed red as the rose and white as the lily

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here He tells us that there is something to see in Him, for the rose is very pleasing to look upon.
Is there a more beautiful sight than a rose that is in bud, or even one that is in full bloom?

And the lily - what a charming thing it is! It seems to be more a flower of heaven than of earth.
Well now, Christ is delightful to the eye of faith, a sight of Him brings peace, rest and hope, as no other sight can ever afford it; it so sweetens everything, so entirely takes away the bitterness of life, and brings us to anticipate the glory of the life, that is to come.

Yes, there is a beautv in Jesus to the eye of faith, He is indeed red as the rose and white as the lily

i recently began to "see" how this is true.......could not equate the "beauty" part with Jesus....but i am finally able to see what it means....and somehow it ties into how delightful He is. Amen.

God bless you doc (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This leaning business hits pretty close to home. There are plenty of times I find myself leaning on this thing or on that person instead of the Lord.
How about you?
But, I have also found that when I learn to lean on other things in my life; God will systematically and painfully remove every crutch I have.
He will bring me to the place where I am leaning on Him and on Him alone. That is where He plans to bring each of us!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There are times in life that are simply difficult to tolerate!
There are battles to fight, valleys to cross, long nights of the soul to endure and storms that must be weathered.
All you have to do is read the story of Job, or just live in this world for any length of time and you will know what I am saying is true.
These times are not sent because the Lord wishes to cause us trouble. He is in the business of conforming His people into His image.

The trials of life are the tools that shape us into His likeness. Therefore, even though they are difficult, they are a blessing in disguise.
Despite how we feel sometimes, life isn't all bad. We would all have to admit that there are times when the Lord inserts times of peace into our lives.

He allows us to pass by some "still waters" and He causes us the "lie down in green pastures."
I thank God for those times in my life and I know you do too!
Just as surely as the troubles of life are sent into our lives to grow, mature and strengthen us, the rest periods of life are sent for their purpose as well

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This leaning business hits pretty close to home. There are plenty of times I find myself leaning on this thing or on that person instead of the Lord.
How about you?
But, I have also found that when I learn to lean on other things in my life; God will systematically and painfully remove every crutch I have.
He will bring me to the place where I am leaning on Him and on Him alone. That is where He plans to bring each of us!

i can relate BIG TIME. i've wrestled with Him furiously when He was removing (or already had removed) my "crutches". i didn't agree with Him then that it was best for me, and in tears and heartbreak i told Him so. Yet He, in His infinite mercy and patience, coaxed me into letting go, and daring to trust Him, and "lean" on Him instead.

Amen doc.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are times in life that are simply difficult to tolerate!
There are battles to fight, valleys to cross, long nights of the soul to endure and storms that must be weathered.
All you have to do is read the story of Job, or just live in this world for any length of time and you will know what I am saying is true.
These times are not sent because the Lord wishes to cause us trouble. He is in the business of conforming His people into His image.

The trials of life are the tools that shape us into His likeness. Therefore, even though they are difficult, they are a blessing in disguise.
Despite how we feel sometimes, life isn't all bad. We would all have to admit that there are times when the Lord inserts times of peace into our lives.

He allows us to pass by some "still waters" and He causes us the "lie down in green pastures."
I thank God for those times in my life and I know you do too!
Just as surely as the troubles of life are sent into our lives to grow, mature and strengthen us, the rest periods of life are sent for their purpose as well

Yes! There ARE times that are near 'bout impossible to tolerate. Those fiery furnaces of affliction and His "boot camps" challenge us to the very core of our being. And yes, they are a blessing in disguise, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time LOL :swoon:

Upvote 0