Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have 2 kids. A 2yr old son and 7mo old daughter. Im doing my best in a toxic environment. My main issue is that they dont stay sleep my 2yr old wakes up late. Naps around 8p wakes at 11p and is up..he doesnt go down till much later maybe 6a

Another issue is putting them both down. Like if one is down the other is up. They might scream make noise and wake the other up.

Then my family doesnt help. I had my son on a schedule but bc my family has zero respect for me and it translates over to the kids (barging into my room. Turning on lights. Turning on lights in the bathroom ( i have a bathroom in my room)and not shutting rhe door, dogs barking, just not being considerate. Or respecting my parenting(and then berating me daily)

It threw him off.

I feel so bad like im letting mt kids down when i see other parents hvae their kids on a schedule and potty trained..and im just in survival mode.

Anyone thats done 2 under 2..

What do you do??

I just feel like im coping with my situation so i dont check out.

• Prayers
Reactions: Skye1300

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,012.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You can only do your best, of which, you are. Its obvious you are a loving mum.

Offer up your thoughts / sufferings etc to God.

Things will get better.

Trust in God.

God bless you

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have 2 kids. A 2yr old son and 7mo old daughter. Im doing my best in a toxic environment. My main issue is that they dont stay sleep my 2yr old wakes up late. Naps around 8p wakes at 11p and is up..he doesnt go down till much later maybe 6a

Another issue is putting them both down. Like if one is down the other is up. They might scream make noise and wake the other up.

Then my family doesnt help. I had my son on a schedule but bc my family has zero respect for me and it translates over to the kids (barging into my room. Turning on lights. Turning on lights in the bathroom ( i have a bathroom in my room)and not shutting rhe door, dogs barking, just not being considerate. Or respecting my parenting(and then berating me daily)

It threw him off.

I feel so bad like im letting mt kids down when i see other parents hvae their kids on a schedule and potty trained..and im just in survival mode.

Anyone thats done 2 under 2..

What do you do??

I just feel like im coping with my situation so i dont check out.

We have kids .... and they are always a handful ... don't think you are a bad parent ... one thing I realize from the bible is it has very little parenting advice, other than fathers don't be hard on your kids and give them discipline if they need it. I think even God knows there are no 10 step plans to parenting bliss.

Just keep up the good work you are doing, it is a good work.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
he kids (barging into my room. Turning on lights. Turning on lights in the bathroom ( i have a bathroom in my room)and not shutting rhe door

You have a bathroom or the only bathroom in the house?

If you have a bathroom then put a lock on your door and keep it locked.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes but not for too long
That’s good a clean break away from them will help you, I mean in a living arrangement not ditching them completely, you will be able to set your own living structure up then, in terms of the children sleeping that will be tough for a while,but it will become easier specially if you don’t have all those other things going on around you.

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We help raise several of our grandchildren, and have had our youngest two 50% of the time since birth. They are now 2.5 and 3.5 years old. We put them down for their nap together, and they take good naps. We are firm with them, if we were not, they would try like all kids, to rule the roost. We give them lots of love but we are consistent with them and they know when we ask them to do something, that they must obey or there will be consequences. They were both potty trained at 2 years old. It can be overwhelming having 2 at that age alone. Pray alot, God will help you to be patient. Be careful what food you feed them....food can have a big effect on their disposition.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We help raise several of our grandchildren, and have had our youngest two 50% of the time since birth. They are now 2.5 and 3.5 years old. We put them down for their nap together, and they take good naps. We are firm with them, if we were not, they would try like all kids, to rule the roost. We give them lots of love but we are consistent with them and they know when we ask them to do something, that they must obey or there will be consequences. They were both potty trained at 2 years old. It can be overwhelming having 2 at that age alone. Pray alot, God will help you to be patient. Be careful what food you feed them....food can have a big effect on their disposition.
Shame there isn’t many more grand parents like you out there who help in the right way, most of them let the grandkids do what they want which cause problems for the parents.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have a bathroom or the only bathroom in the house?

If you have a bathroom then put a lock on your door and keep it locked.
Nope. My mom would rage. Even now shes listening to a youtuber in front of me talking about how adult children mooch off then and grandparents and eating their food bur the kicker is I help her with food. I always do. Im really irritated bc i help her alot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s good a clean break away from them will help you, I mean in a living arrangement not ditching them completely, you will be able to set your own living structure up then, in terms of the children sleeping that will be tough for a while,but it will become easier specially if you don’t have all those other things going on around you.
Yup. Thinking of going no contact.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh gosh i cant imagine potty training. My soon turned 2 in Oct. Im very overwhelmed. Yet im gonna be working fulltime.

Smh.

Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shame there isn’t many more grand parents like you out there who help in the right way, most of them let the grandkids do what they want which cause problems for the parents.
You are so right....it is rare that grandparents are strong enough on discipline.

• Winner
Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just concentrate on getting your own place so that you can get control back. Do the best you can till then.
Im trying to. Its hard. Im super sick. Headache, chills everything.. My car bills are behind b. Im paid biweekly.

• Prayers
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Im trying to. Its hard. Im super sick. Headache, chills everything.. My car bills are behind b. Im paid biweekly.

Yes, I know it's hard not getting paid weekly. :prayer: Hope you feel better, the flu is really bad this year and also there's still COVID lurking around. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest as much as possible. I will keep you in my prayers. :prayer::crossrc:

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0