Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Umm... Are we talking about anime movies or anime series? I'm... Confused... :confused:

Anyway; If we're talking movies, I like:

• Spirited Away
  • Mononoke Hime
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • The Cat Returns
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
  • The Rurouni Kenshin movie
  • InuYasha 1, 2 and 3 (haven't seen 4)
  • Tokyo Godfathers
  • Cat Soup
  • The Cowboy Bebop movie
And, if OVAs count as movies:
  • Samurai X Trust, Betrayal and Reflection
  • Puni Puni Poemi
  • The Happy Lesson OVA
  • Blue Seed 2 (not so sure if that's an OVA or not >>)
I think that is it. I shall come back once I've seen Howl's Moving Castle and Porco Rosso, I promise! Maybe even BEFORE I see them! Hurray! :clap:

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your favorite Anime or Manga Movies? I really liked the escaflowne movie!!!
Whew, this post is from 2005, but here goes nothing. :) My favorite anime movies are Spirited Away, When Marnie Was There, From up on Poppy Hill and Weathering with You. All I have watched in 2023, except Spirited Away, which I watched in August 2022. My Neighbor Totoro is next on my list. Yes, Ghibli is a great movie studio, so wholesome, yet melancholy/bittersweet, no blood, no stuff hanging out (grosses me out), and minimal violence. 11/10 would recommend all of these.

Alex B.

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟175,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since most of these posts were prior to 2016, they can be forgiven for not mentioning the obvious greatest anime movie of all time - Kimi no Na Wa ("Your Name" in English). The runner up would have to be "A Silent Voice" from Kyoto Animation.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since most of these posts were prior to 2016, they can be forgiven for not mentioning the obvious greatest anime movie of all time - Kimi no Na Wa ("Your Name" in English). The runner up would have to be "A Silent Voice" from Kyoto Animation.
Cool. I haven't tried those yet. Is "Your Name" on DVD or the streaming services? Am currently on Cowboy Bebop (1998) and love it. :)

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟175,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cool. I haven't tried those yet. Is "Your Name" on DVD or the streaming services? Am currently on Cowboy Bebop (1998) and love it. :)
"Your Name" is on DVD from various sources like Walmart or Target. Be careful buying DVDs from cut-rate unknown overseas sellers as they sometimes make low-quality pirated copies. Pay the full price from respected seller. You can also buy the streaming rights for less from YouTube (English dub only, but that's OK because the English dub is superb!) "Your Name" is a body-swapping time-travelling romance mystery with about 20 different mysteries that all get resolved eventually. It can make the movie appear very confusing on first watching, but hang in there because it really does make sense if you pick up on the right clues. Then watch it again to pick up on what you missed. Sometimes a relevant clue is in the background. The music by Radwimps, a popular Japanese pop band is exceptionally good. They worked closely with the director, Makoto Shinkai, to make the music fit the story. The visuals are stunning. It is as close to perfection as I have ever seen an anime movie. Then come back here and tell us your impressions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, public libraries have the DVD, and I avoid Walmart like the plague. :) Time travel is fascinating stuff, as I have watched Doctor Who on streaming from 2013-2014 (and crushed on Freema Agyeman who was Martha Jones). Sci-fi in general is awesome, so I am gonna posit a an assumption that this anime "Your Name" is good.

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟175,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, public libraries have the DVD, and I avoid Walmart like the plague. :) Time travel is fascinating stuff, as I have watched Doctor Who on streaming from 2013-2014 (and crushed on Freema Agyeman who was Martha Jones). Sci-fi in general is awesome, so I am gonna posit a an assumption that this anime "Your Name" is good.
I may have spoiled it for you a little because the fact that a kind of time travel is a big reveal at about half-way through the movie. But this is not the only or even the biggest reveal. There is plenty left for you discover yourself. I envy you for your chance to experience it the very first time. Now all I can do is experience it vicariously through others who see it for the first time.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I may have spoiled it for you a little because the fact that a kind of time travel is a big reveal at about half-way through the movie. But this is not the only or even the biggest reveal. There is plenty left for you discover yourself. I envy you for your chance to experience it the very first time. Now all I can do is experience it vicariously through others who see it for the first time.
Definitely. I will get it at the library later this month. :) The same thing happens to me when folks tell me they are watching Hunter X Hunter.

Upvote 0