✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Same with psychics.
I don't know what this was meant to contribute.

So a false prophet needs to have posted recent predictions? Ha You asked for a climatologistand got one.
The phrase "false prophet" has 0 meaning when talking about science, you know that right?

Or maybe not. Maybe once a prophet is exposed as false that is all the info I need.
Well, given that you quoted Lindzen, I'm telling you, it's definitely not all the information you need.

And it's strange that you haven't pointed to all the predictions Science has got right on global warming.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know what this was meant to contribute.
It went to your point of how some models are better than others.
The phrase "false prophet" has 0 meaning when talking about science, you know that right?
It has great meaning to people who are not unaware of history and God. (and failed predictions made in the name of science)
Well, given that you quoted Lindzen, I'm telling you, it's definitely not all the information you need.
All I need is for a false prophet to be right or wrong.
And it's strange that you haven't pointed to all the predictions Science has got right on global warming.
Why not point to all the predictions physics got right? When a track record of prophesy is very hit and miss why would I focus on some they seem to have gotten right? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It went to your point of how some models are better than others.

It has great meaning to people who are not unaware of history and God.
It has great meaning to me as well....in a spiritual context. In the context of the discussion of science, it's not much of a term. It sounds more like a Christian trying to convince other christians of some inherent gravitas in their position that is fundamentally weak.

All I need is for a false prophet to be right or wrong.
Lol. Sounds pretty solid.

Why not point to all the predictions physics got right? When a track record of prophesy is very hit and miss why would I focus on some they seem to have gotten right? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Look. Let's be honest. You have BARELY a passing knowledge of all the predictions that been made about climate change. Not only that, there was all of about 5 climate scientists (and physicists) who thought that the big cold was coming. The scientific community AS A WHOLE, never really gave it much creedence. In fact, all of the mentions of this hiccup 50 years later ONLY happens because it got onto the cover of time....
once.

But out of curiousity, why do you keep calling it a "prophesy" when it is nowhere near as arbitrary as that.

Lastly, in regarding your first link, I think it's more telling than you realize that almost ALL of those quotes in those articles come from politicians and very, VERY few from scientists.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has great meaning to me as well....in a spiritual context. In the context of the discussion of science, it's not much of a term. It sounds more like a Christian trying to convince other christians of some inherent gravitas in their position that is fundamentally weak.
Or warning them of an exposed con job
Look. Let's be honest. You have BARELY a passing knowledge of all the predictions that been made about climate change.
What we need is a passing knowledge that some were false. The rest doesn't matter
Not only that, there was all of about 5 climate scientists (and physicists) who thought that the big cold was coming. The scientific community AS A WHOLE, never really gave it much creedence. In fact, all of the mentions of this hiccup 50 years later ONLY happens because it got onto the cover of time....
once.
So more false prophesy. OK. Whether to so called community as a whole accepts some or not is not the issue.
But out of curiousity, why do you keep calling it a "prophesy" when it is nowhere near as arbitrary as that.
Did it tell of what the future would be like?
Lastly, in regarding your first link, I think it's more telling than you realize that almost ALL of those quotes in those articles come from politicians and very, VERY few from scientists.
Name any that did not claim they were based on science?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Or warning them of an exposed con job

What we need is a passing knowledge that some were false. The rest doesn't matter
The reason I can't win this argument is not because you are correct but because anything I say can just be met with "con job/ false prophet" without any actual thought or reasoning being employed.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The reason I can't win this argument
I can agree with that much
is not because you are correct
I am correct, many false predictions were made.
but because anything I say can just be met with "con job/ false prophet"
You can call it good science or honest series of mistakes or whatever you choose.
without any actual thought or reasoning being employed.
I employ thought and reason. I also employ the bible and it frowns on false prophets.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I can agree with that much
In an effort to get thr dig in, sadly you snapped but a sentence fragment that really didn't make sense as it stood so im not sure what you're agreeing with.
I am correct, many false predictions were made.
To you, what is the difference between "false" and "incorrect" if there is one?

Because I'll certainly agree that there have been a lot of incorrect conclusions (such is the nature of science) that have ere'd on the dire side. There have also been incorrect ones that have under predicted.
I haven't heard of a model that suggests no warming or cooling though.

You can call it good science or honest series of mistakes or whatever you choose.
Well if I ingest scientific information in a news article that is shocking, I look at the paper (which a good publication would include a link to) and see if it's being represented the right way.

I employ thought and reason.
Of all your claims this is the one I take the most umbrage with.
To claim that an entire field of study has had a lot of models proven false feels like a pretty meaningless statement and not well thought out.
To claim an entire field of study should be ignored because they are false prophets is not reasonable.

I also employ the bible and it frowns on false prophets.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
To you, what is the difference between "false" and "incorrect" if there is one?
Yes, when it comes to prophesy. False means it didn't come true. The synonym would be lie probably rather than incorrect
Because I'll certainly agree that there have been a lot of incorrect conclusions (such is the nature of science) that have ere'd on the dire side. There have also been incorrect ones that have under predicted.
I haven't heard of a model that suggests no warming or cooling though.
No models needed. God told us the actual future.
Well if I ingest scientific information in a news article that is shocking, I look at the paper (which a good publication would include a link to) and see if it's being represented the right way.
Nothing shocking about science claims these days on climate. Totally expected that they fit the agenda.
Of all your claims this is the one I take the most umbrage with.
To claim that an entire field of study has had a lot of models proven false feels like a pretty meaningless statement and not well thought out.
No. It is true. If claims about the future are made in the name of science, then we are justified to not believe them anymore.
To claim an entire field of study should be ignored because they are false prophets is not reasonable.
Too you. I disagree.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, when it comes to prophesy. False means it didn't come true. The synonym would be lie probably rather than incorrect
And you think Scientists LIE to support climate change and NOT that oil&gas concerns have been lying to the public for DECADES that it exists?

No models needed. God told us the actual future.
Really? What did God tell us about the ozone layer? Did God mention anything about the subarctic convection currents???

Nothing shocking about science claims these days on climate. Totally expected that they fit the agenda.
Just goes to show how little you know on the topic.

No. It is true. If claims about the future are made in the name of science, then we are justified to not believe them anymore.
No. Youre not. That is absolute intellectual laziness (which....may fit with your agenda I guess).

Too you. I disagree.
You don't know what "reasoning" is, do you? Being rational and logical is NOT an opinion with which you can disagree.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And you think Scientists LIE to support climate change and NOT that oil&gas concerns have been lying to the public for DECADES that it exists?
I think the OP pointed out that more than scientists with opposing prophesies are involved. Each probably (hopefully) thinks they are correct.
Here is a quote from the OP
"Knowing the religion of climate change is full of false prophets helps us to remember the actual future prophesied in the bible. Since the false prophets of climate change claim science for their false prophesies, that tells us something important as well."

That does not say all are scientists. Nor can anyone say there is not dissenting claims from scientists.
Really? What did God tell us about the ozone layer?
He told us about what will happen in the air in the future as well as what will happen on earth. Remember the prayer of Jesus was not 'protect us from the ozone problems' but, rather, let it be on earth 'as it is in heaven'. We know nations will still exist, farming will be fantastic, and people will live longer and be healthier right here on earth. THAT is the future. All the filth and dangerous things science helped mankind to get will be swept away and cleaned up.
Did God mention anything about the subarctic convection currents???
Yes, there will be none! No more oceans on earth one day in the future! Oh, and in those oceans, before that we will see every Island move away from it's current location. We will also see the oceans poisoned and turned into what is best described as blood. You convection current fears are less than a joke.
No. Youre not. That is absolute intellectual laziness (which....may fit with your agenda I guess).
Believing prophesy from the Almighty is not lazy but brave. Getting buffeted around by every cunning sleight of hand and false prophesy of men and wind of doctrine is lazy.
You don't know what "reasoning" is, do you? Being rational and logical is NOT an opinion with which you can disagree.
Reason is not restrained to your choice of beliefs or opinions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟207,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"April 1970, Erlich in Mademoiselle: “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years.”

Erlich was not alone. In the early 1970s, a host of voices supported his beliefs.

Harvard biologist and Nobel Prize winner George Wald, speaking at the University of Rhode Island in November 1970: “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

-- in July 2009, then-Prince Charles chimed in, asserting the planet had 96 months to avoid decimation: “…irretrievable climate and ecosystem collapse, and all that goes with it."

Knowing the religion of climate change is full of false prophets helps us to remember the actual future prophesied in the bible. Since the false prophets of climate change claim science for their false prophesies, that tells us something important as well.
Yes climate will be affected by the nuclear bombs and other machinations of wicked men and most of the population will die because of this same wickedness as well as the judgments of God. Meanwhile when they steal our jobs and wealth in the name of the climate we can know that it is a deception.
Most people have drunk the cool aid, and accepted what the Puppet Masters preach.

First they told us, we're heading for a deadly ice age, then they told us there's a extinction level hole in the Ozone Layer, then they told us that we're experiencing extinction level Global Warming. Then after we experienced record cold temps, they told us we're heading for an extinction level Climate Change.

The "Climate Change" scam is the best one so far, as it can survive any type of climate and remain active.

Most people are blissfully unaware that the whole of the worlds population can fit into a 1.2 Mile cube. That's a mere pin prick on the face of the globe, so the earth doesn't even know were here.

The truth is, our planet can easily support 50 billion people without interfering with it ability to replenish it's supply of essential elements.

Yes we do have man made damage to the environment and eco systems, but these are all deliberately carried out by multi billion dollar machines of destruction. The aim is to poison our environment and depopulate the planet

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

The truth is, our planet can easily support 50 billion people without interfering with it ability to replenish it's supply of essential elements.
Oh look! I've always wanted to see one of those "facts in the wild"...like a fact so wild it has to be feral"

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most people have drunk the cool aid, and accepted what the Puppet Masters preach.

First they told us, we're heading for a deadly ice age, then they told us there's a extinction level hole in the Ozone Layer, then they told us that we're experiencing extinction level Global Warming. Then after we experienced record cold temps, they told us we're heading for an extinction level Climate Change.

The "Climate Change" scam is the best one so far, as it can survive any type of climate and remain active.

Most people are blissfully unaware that the whole of the worlds population can fit into a 1.2 Mile cube. That's a mere pin prick on the face of the globe, so the earth doesn't even know were here.

Yes we do have man made damage to the environment and eco systems, but these are all deliberately carried out by multi billion dollar machines of destruction. The aim is to poison our environment and depopulate the planet
I also note that the same people that push climate panic like leaders in Canada and the US support war in Israel and Ukraine. They are not out for the good of mankind.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would they not? It seems like that is EXACTLY what they would do. Remember: It's not just that Florida has to worry about flooding, they also get pummeled by increasingly powerful (and frequent) hurricanes.

If sea levels rise by 2 feet, a lot of florida is in trouble.

Recently, a few years ago here in Orlando we had a really bad hurricane that dumped record levels of rain and much of the area was flooded. At church, one woman had dead fish all over hear yard. Most of the lakes also flooded. We were lucky that our duplex is on relatively high ground and not near a creek or lake. I've lived here for well over half my life and never seen a storm like it.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If sea levels rise by 2 feet, a lot of florida is in trouble.
People should worry about waters being turned to blood more than a rise in the ocean level. They should be concerned that a third of all ships in the oceans will be destroyed. They should be concerned that the fish in the seas will die. They should be concerned that the sun is going out, and before that will be dark a third of the day. Those are real future happenings we read in the bible. The chicken little sky is falling climate prophesies are a Satanic red herring

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
People should worry about waters being turned to blood more than a rise in the ocean level. They should be concerned that a third of all ships in the oceans will be destroyed. They should be concerned that the fish in the seas will die. They should be concerned that the sun is going out, and before that will be dark a third of the day.
It's interesting how, if you consider Revelations to be an allegory, there SURE is a lot of symbolism that is not too crazy to draw comparisons to today's world.

In the meantime, why should people worry about that? Those things will happen when they happen. And they will not happen because, over the course of decades before that, evidence continued to build about their happenning. It will be suddenly and due to God, not science.

Those are real future happenings we read in the bible.
You literally don't know that. That could EASILY be an allegory.

The chicken little sky is falling climate prophesies are a Satanic red herring
It's strange to me that you think that people should be worried about all the fish dying in the sea because God suddenly kills them.

But they shouldn't be worried about all the fish in the sea dying because of increased temperatures and acidification (and hypersalination) of sea water.

It also seems silly to me that you don't think that the fish dying from increased temperature could ACTUALLY be the mechanism that God had foretold in Revelations.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's interesting how, if you consider Revelations to be an allegory, there SURE is a lot of symbolism that is not too crazy to draw comparisons to today's world.
I suppose if we considered Scripture a fairy tale, we could see it as supporting Little Red Riding Hood.
In the meantime, why should people worry about that?
Why should we worry about the proven false predictions of prophets of today speaking in the name of science?
Those things will happen when they happen.
And when they start to happen we will know the show is on and how long it lasts.
And they will not happen because, over the course of decades before that, evidence continued to build about their happenning. It will be suddenly and due to God, not science.
Not sure what that means. What will not happen exactly and how do you know?
You literally don't know that. That could EASILY be an allegory.
We do know most prophesy in the bible is already history. We do know Jesus said it would all come to pass. Disbelieving it by labeling it an allegory has no currency.
It's strange to me that you think that people should be worried about all the fish dying in the sea because God suddenly kills them.
Better than worrying about drowning from rising sea levels or some other aspects of the science spawned climate change farcical predictions. The bible, unlike climate prophesies has not be proven wrong repeatedly!
But they shouldn't be worried about all the fish in the sea dying because of increased temperatures and acidification (and hypersalination) of sea water.
How it will happen we don't know, and there is no reason to assign a natural reason to it! Especially when it is natural reasons that involve a long time.
It also seems silly to me that you don't think that the fish dying from increased temperature could ACTUALLY be the mechanism that God had foretold in Revelations.
Easy to dismiss as more false projecting. How much time is involved for the oceans to heat up (in your imagined scheme of climate change) so that all fish die?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟207,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Oh look! I've always wanted to see one of those "facts in the wild"...like a fact so wild it has to be feral"
Look man, most people can't handle the truth. The cold hard facts, don't give folks the warm fuzzy feeling they're looking for. I'm not here to make anyone uncomfortable

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟375,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I suppose if we considered Scripture a fairy tale, we could see it as supporting Little Red Riding Hood.
Revelations need not be understood on the same basis as Matthew.

Why should we worry about the proven false predictions of prophets of today speaking in the name of science?
Listen man. I can't make you pay attention to what's happening or read things so...
Sorry.

Agh. This conversation is a train wreck. I just deleted the rest of this forsaken nonsense.

I argue that you and I are predicting the SAME THING through different mechanisms.

You suggest we should worry because God says it's going to happen. I suggest we should worry because there is evidence of it happening right now. I don't deny God said that. You mock the evidence that God may just be guiding His hand for it to be happening now.

These ideas are not mutually exclusive

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟33,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Revelations need not be understood on the same basis as Matthew.
Or by failed climate predictions/religion
Listen man. I can't make you pay attention to what's happening or read things so...
Sorry.
I don't need to ask you what is happening
Agh. This conversation is a train wreck. I just deleted the rest of this forsaken nonsense.

I argue that you and I are predicting the SAME THING through different mechanisms.
No. Nothing similar. The oceans turning to blood and killing all the fish and sun going dark and etc are not the same as climate models.
You suggest we should worry because God says it's going to happen.
If you must worry about anything, might as well make it something real
I suggest we should worry because there is evidence of it happening right now.
Overruled by the future spoken about in the bible. All your models are trash.
I don't deny God said that. You mock the evidence that God may just be guiding His hand for it to be happening now.

These ideas are not mutually exclusive
The oceans do not turn to blood over hundreds of years or even decades. It all happens in the space of a relatively few years. No connection to climate prophesies.

Upvote 0