Ever feel the tangible presence of God?

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
if so, please share your story/stories.

Ever felt him so strong where you were that you fell prostrate, thinking you may die in his holiness?

As someone who used to be atheist, when I met God face to face, I wanted soooo badly to have that same experience happen to my other atheist friends....but I know it doesn't work that way, lol

Had some amazing experiences in his presence, so please take a moment to share here yours.

Thanks much

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Specially when I start worshiping Him during our prayer meetings where His love is so thick and tangible,that it overflows and burns so much in my heart that I just can't contain it. If only songs, shouts, jumps, claps, and dances are enough describe how GREAT He is and how thankful I am for experiencing His grace, love and mercy. :)

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
glenniesings said:
Yes. Specially when I start worshiping Him during our prayer meetings where His love is so thick and tangible,that it overflows and burns so much in my heart that I just can't contain it. If only songs, shouts, jumps, claps, and dances are enough describe how GREAT He is and how thankful I am for experiencing His grace, love and mercy. :)

Thank you for responding. In his presence is fulness of joy

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like the correct rendering of Ephesians 5:18-19 (see the "Resultant Translation" by Weymoth)

Eph 5:
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
19 (BY) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

If you do the stuff after verse 18, you get the stuff in verse 18... that is filled with the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Ariel Gavriel

Apr 4, 2011
✟3,243.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ever felt him so strong where you were that you fell prostrate, thinking you may die in his holiness?

Oh Mercy yes! While in combined worship and sometimes in prayer when interceding on someone's behalf.

It is such an incredible feeling that no words could even express the intensity, of his pure love, power and authority that comes when he chooses to make his presence known and you come face to face with the Living One who is Holy!

Shalom!!!

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for your input guys.

I also have felt this, several times. And you two are right; it's indescribable and you don't want it to ever stop.

I have felt him surround and flood me in love. I've felt his gentle warmness pouring over me when I got baptized in his spirit. And I've felt his overcoming, strong, fierce fire that made something inside me that was bigger than me rise up and thunder tongues into the fathomless depths of him.

He also gave only me (that I know of) the interpretation as it was happening. It was something like "I am here, I will rise up and accomplish what I'm here to do" ...words like that. I'll never forget it as long as I live, as well as the other times I've come face to face with my creator.

He showed me a vision while in this state. He pulled me away, aside from myself and took me down into a blackness that wasn't scary, just covering something. He pulled me down once, showed me this black veil and told me "this is a possible future" ...then he let me back out to myself. Then, 5 seconds later, did it again, saying the same thing. Then one more time. 3 possible futures that he wouldn't reveal at that time.

When I opened my eyes and looked at my hands, they looked to be wet and shiny...then the evangelist said "Richard, look at these hands...these are miracle working hands...then the spirit flooded me in a confirming graceful way which made me fall to my knees and weep.

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fast forward about a year later. I am horribly backslidden. Me and a buddy are tripping acid at my apartment. We were roommates and he was at church that day the above happened to me. He said I was screaming in tongues so loud that people 3 rows back were holding their ears.

We were there enjoying our journey into exploration, talking, trying to scratch beneath the surface of this infinite NoW, when we got on the subject of that day at church and how awesome that revival week was.

We got to the part where I'm the only one at the alter repenting in a church of 300 people, with the fire coming down on me. We tell each of our sides of the story til we get to where I come out of the vision and look at my hands.

He says "do you remember what he said to you?"

I say no

He says "he said these are miracle working hands Richard"

When he said that to me, one of the veils ripped open, and God poured down on me right there on that couch. THAT was one of the possible futures! That I would fall away and be brought back to him.

That day, I stepped back into where we wanted me

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if so, please share your story/stories.
Thanks much

Probably the most intense experience I ever had was when the spirit fell on me and I gave the prophetic word in my sig. It is why I use it as my sig.

I had just chewed out a Presbyterian pastor's daughter for her gossip attacks against me. She had heard some gossip from a friend and decided to punish me but hadn't even ever met me.

She verbally attacked me the first time we met in person before a crowd of witnesses standing in the middle of a college student center. I chewed her out up one side and down the other while showing the doctrinal foundation for her attack was a demonic doctrine and how her tactics were the tactics of Asherah and Ashtoreth, the pagan goddesses of witchcraft.

She was following the Presbyterian 'Kingdom Now' doctrine that teaches to punish the unrighteous to force them to be righteous to bring about the 2nd coming. The issue was over doctrinal differences and rape counseling I had given another girl as well as a rumor she had heard about me so she set out to turn all the girls on campus against me.

She was at the point of tears telling me to stop when the presence of Yah fell upon me and the prophetic word in my sig came for her. She ended up weeping in my arms begging mine and Yah's forgiveness for her behavior and repenting for being a Jezebel.

I had been angry but suddenly great peace, compassion and love fell on me. It was like a huge breath entered me and out came the word. You could have heard a pin drop in that crowd except for her weeping. This was in the middle of a crowd of girls. Some were friends of mine standing in opposition to the viscous gossip attacks by others. It was a crowd of like 20 to 30 college girls.

Now I know what it means in scripture when it says 'and the spirit of the LORD fell upon me'. Finally after wiping the tears from her eyes one of the girls said, 'I was reading in Jeremiah this morning. That was exactly like something he would have said. There really are still prophets.' She was Baptist. Another girl said, 'The Holy Spirit was doing back-flips inside me while you spoke. That was really God the Father speaking through you!'. Many of the other girls nodded in agreement. Another girl said, 'I don't know about this Holy Spirit business but I felt waves of love coming off of you. If that was really God, that is a God I could follow, not her god of rules and punishment.' She asked to be saved on the spot and asked me to baptize her. She had been an atheist that had also been a target of the Presbyterian pastor's daughter. She then got the baptism of the Spirit, spoke in tongues (which shocked her) then prophesied herself.

Many of the crowd members were fundamental Christians that didn't believe in the gifts of the Spirit. One of their friends was a Church of God Pastor's daughter so they as a group decided to start attending a spirit filled church and go to that Church of God to learn more about the spiritual gifts.

The Presbyterian pastor's daughter left her own father's church and got the baptism of the Spirit at that church of God. She then confronted her parents for the doctrines she had been raised in. Her own mother repented of being a Jezebel and teaching her doctrines before the church. The Pastor started teaching on the gifts of the Spirit and brought revival to his church. The entire congregation rejected the false doctrines they had been following and were cast out of the denomination. It isn't a Presbyterian church any more.

That few moments of His presence greatly impacted the girls on the campus as well as several local churches. Even the girl that had started the gossip against me later asked my forgiveness.

All I had been doing was looking for the Church of God pastor's daughter to get a date for my fraternity formal. I attended a nearby engineering college. It was the only time I ever set foot on their campus.

Years later, when the Church of God pastor's daughter was widowed, she tracked me down wanting me to marry her. I found out about the impact that one visit had on the entire group of girls and on the campus. I had graduate college shortly thereafter and had left that entire social environment and never seen any of the girls again.

That is the kind of impact it can have when the presence of Yah falls upon an individual. It wasn't even in a church environment but was the most intense presence I have ever experienced. It is also the only time in my life that I laid hands on another to give them the baptism of the Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums