✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Even Jesus did not heal at will …

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.” (John 5.19)

What do you think?

~Jim
I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.” (John 5.19)
What do you think?

~Jim

I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.
Good point there..~Jim...

I wonder why today,so many in the health and wealth community,have turned it into some kind of formula..:scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
E

enoch son

What do you think?

~Jim

But this is not true! 1 Peter2; 24 "and He Himself bore our sins and in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteouness: by His wounds you were healed."
Just because man thinks this is a body healing (WRONG) and not the spiritual healing it is, doesn't mean christ didn't heal (spiritual) everyone.:blush:

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good point there..~Jim...

I wonder why today,so many in the health and wealth community,have turned it into some kind of formula..:scratch:

IDK.........but I think that man in general takes most truth and turns it into formula............thereby missing the entire point of the truth.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?

Jesus looked to the Father, saw the Father willed healing, then performed it. Their will to heal is unanimous, therefore the statement, "Even Jesus did not heal at will" is flawed.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus looked to the Father, saw the Father willed healing, then performed it. Their will to heal is unanimous, therefore the statement, "Even Jesus did not heal at will" is flawed.

And I could say your answer is evasive. :)

~Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGlory

Jan 3, 2006
✟371.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think?

~Jim

Another proof Jesus didn't heal at will, when he said ...

"According to your faith, be it unto you."
"What wilt thou that I should do unto thee."

Jesus also left it up to the person what they wanted done.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?

OK, trying again...

You claim, "Jesus did not heal at will."
You gave us a scripture.
You asked us, "What do you think?"

I think the scripture you offered states clearly that Jesus looks at Father, sees Father helaing, and does likewise. I believe that is what your scripture says. What do you think it says?

I don't see anywhere that Jesus looked at His Father, saw Him refusing to heal, and so followed that example.

I believe you to be saying that the will of the Father and the Son regarding healing might differ at some point, so Jesus might sometimes find Himself looking at His Father and finding no will to heal, therefore He would have to go against His own will as God the Son, and not heal.

I'm saying that never happened.

Upvote 0

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What do you think?

~Jim

I would say Jesus healed by his will, as creatures given free will by God then this passage tells us that Jesus was the ultimate obedient servant and choose to only do what God told him.

A lesson for us to rely on God and trust his direction and purpose for our lives rather than about healing.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another proof Jesus didn't heal at will, when he said ...

"According to your faith, be it unto you."
"What wilt thou that I should do unto thee."

Jesus also left it up to the person what they wanted done.

Thankfully our Lord doesn't violate us, so if we say to Him that we don't want healing then I suppose we won't be forced to receive it, but goodness, why oh why would we do that??? :doh:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[/size][/font]

OK, trying again...

You gave us a scripture.

I think the scripture you offered states clearly that Jesus looks at Father, sees Father helaing, and does likewise. I believe that is what your scripture says. What do you think it says?

I don't see anywhere that Jesus looked at His Father, saw Him refusing to heal, and so followed that example.

I believe you to be saying that the will of the Father and the Son regarding healing might differ at some point, so Jesus might sometimes find Himself looking at His Father and finding no will to heal, therefore He would have to go against His own will as God the Son, and not heal.

:thumbsup:

That's rep worthy stuff!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[/size][/font]

OK, trying again...

You gave us a scripture.

We interpret the scripture the same but apply it differently.

I would say Jesus saw/perceived those whom the Father chose to heal and simply facilitated the healing. He did not heal everybody in Galilee and Judea, just those He saw the Father healing. So, your statement, “I don't see anywhere that Jesus looked at His Father, saw Him refusing to heal, and so followed that example” can be answered by saying that anyone God did not heal must be those He chose not (or, as you said, “refused”) to heal or else everyone would have been healed.

If I am to personally apply this view to my own ministry to others, I would say that I can only heal those whom the Father is already healing. I cannot heal of my own volition. I can only follow my Father’s will and “see” (perceive) those that He is healing. Those that He is not healing is none of my concern—that is His business, not mine. I/we simply follow our Father’s lead in all of our service to Him.

~Jim

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HEALING debates which twist people's stomachs in knots and give them indigestion!!! :D I LOVE IT!!!!

Well, it is a good thing.

In the last month it's been reported that:

• There are microorganisms that can turn this indigestion "result" into usable gas (thanks prob for reporting)
  • The end "result" of the indigestion can also be recycled into paper products. (thanks to Deba and CryoftheNation for reporting)
We can all sleep better tonight now that we know something fruitful IS coming from these healing debates!

(post said in jest)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then of course there's always Mark 6:4-6.

"Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith."

There were some miracles that Jesus 'could not' perform due to their lack of faith.

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then of course there's always Mark 6:4-6.

"Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith."

There were some miracles that Jesus 'could not' perform due to their lack of faith.

Just as a side note - the word for "faith" in that passage is a different word with different connotations than the word we normally think of as "faith" throughout the New Testament.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.