• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

eating disorder

Ninja Cat

Jun 25, 2013
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have had an eating disorder for a long time in fact since i was thirteen
I had BED and now i have EDNOS
Am restricting a lot and am hardly eating
Am losing weight slowly but i need to lose more
The dr said that i cant see anyone because my BMI is too high and am not diabetic i cant see a nutritionist because of those reasons
through the NHS i cant afford to see someone out side the NHS
All my dr do is weight me but thats it
There are no support groups or anything where i live
So am out of options but to carry on with this until my BMI is low enough

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can't you see a counselor for your reasons. I can't see why you can't see one. That sounds ridiculous that they won't help you because your bmi is too high. You can die from not eating, there are those who care about you including me. I have an ED and it can kill me so I have just started to try to eat right. It isn't easy but I am praying for you and am praying to God for everyone who has an ED.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ninja

Have you handed over both anorexia and bulimia to Jesus while trusting in Him to expel it from your Heart, Mind, Soul and Body followed by prayers that He has asked that we pray through Scriptures? Also, He will provide you with His Holy Guidance through His Wisdom.

If you can picture Jesus healing others with yourself included and knowing that Jesus will heal you and take away all of the thoughts that cause it, while praying daily, it will be expelled by Him.

Reading Psalm 23 daily, praying and trusting in Jesus is the only way to go,

You can be healthy and slim without having anorexia and/or bulimia; a Family relative realised this through Jesus last year.

There are many prayers for you to pray and be healed through and by Jesus.

Upvote 0