• ▢ 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • ▢ 6 cups chicken broth
  • ▢ 2 cups water
  • ▢ 4-5 yellow potatoes - cut into 1-inch pieces
  • ▢ 3 teaspoons salt - or to taste
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • ▢ 2 cups heavy cream
  • ▢ 4 cups chopped kale
  • ▢ chopped bacon or bacon bits and grated parmesan cheese for topping - optional

Instructions​

• In a large pot saute sausage 5-6 minutes until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
  • In the same pot, add butter and saute onions over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant.
  • Add chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender. Stir in kale, and heavy cream. Add sausage. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese and/or bacon if desired.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just had it with bread sticks and Alfredo sauce to dip the bread in. The soup turned out just like the one at Olive Garden. I think I might add a bit more garlic next time. This is my mother in law’s favorite soup so he’ll be bringing her some tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,734,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never heard of zuppa toscana (we don’t get out to real restaurants much) until after my daughter was born. I have made it a few times since then and love it!
My mother in law just loves the stuff and this recipe is better than the restaurant imo.

Upvote 0