hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟22,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why our church took communion today. We should have focused far more on resurrection. What does this mean for ourselves, our own resurrection? Our future hope? We should all have left the church filled with hope and anticipation.
Instead resurrection was tagged onto Jesus's sacrifice. Think opportunity missed. After all, it's only one day in the year. How did Paul define the gospel? Resurrection a major, major part of it. The Orthodox do it better.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder why our church took communion today. We should have focused far more on resurrection. What does this mean for ourselves, our own resurrection?
Actually, is not the resurrection about our dying to sin and rising to live a new life in/by the grace of God (Ro 6:4)?

Was not the resurrection the culmination of the Lord's Supper on the sacrifice (Jn 6:48-58)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟783,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why our church took communion today. We should have focused far more on resurrection. What does this mean for ourselves, our own resurrection? Our future hope? We should all have left the church filled with hope and anticipation.
Instead resurrection was tagged onto Jesus's sacrifice. Think opportunity missed. After all, it's only one day in the year. How did Paul define the gospel? Resurrection a major, major part of it. The Orthodox do it better.
Our pastor (Methodist) spoke about the crucifixion earlier in the Lenten season, the Easter message was about the resurrection, as it should be IMO. We did not have communion, but we did this past Sunday as we only have monthly communion on the first Sunday of the month.

Upvote 0