Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Please point out on that list which one(s) the world should get off the sidelines and start taking action against.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume your "responsible and inventive people" don't really know.

And they don't know because AGW is nothing more than a pet project that some have "invented" to set off alarms about.

And they're finding out that most of the rest of the world isn't buying it, and they don't like that.

We don't scare so easily anymore.

And academia's days of crying WOLF and expecting us to come running are over.

Bible-believing Christians know how the world is going to end, Who is going to put an end to it, why He is going to put an end to it, what order He is going to put an end to it, how long it's going to take Him to put an end to it, and much much more.

So I think I'll just go out on my cement patio that my gas-powered car is parked next to, and take it easy for awhile and have a Coca-Cola.

Later, I might go downtown -- (past all those glass windows in the stores) -- and look for a CO₂ fire extinguisher, in case I need one.

But then, on second thought, why would I need one, if the Pacific Ocean keeps rising up all around me?
I have shown you how all of this can be carbon neutral or at least minimized.

Australia’s industrial giants are sick of the global energy crisis and high gas prices. Big names like BHP, Bluescope steel, etc, worth a full THIRD of our entire stock-market, have a plan to Electrify Everything (electric trucks, industrial heat with Rondo heat-blocks, etc). They're going to supply us with everything - glass and bricks and concrete - with either zero carbon or much lower carbon (in the case of concrete).

They’re going to build 3 TIMES Australia’s 2020 electricity grid capacity just for the domestic market (by 2050) - and another 3 TIMES for their exports! 6 TIMES the grid! Why so much? Because industrial heating takes a lot of electricity - but ultimately will end up less ENERGY wasted.

In an Electric civilization we'll stop burning stuff like cave men and wasting 60% of the energy as heat. Industrial heating was probably the only area we wanted heat - but now gas is so expensive they want to go electric.

This is all affordable now renewables are 1/4 nuclear’s LCOE (Lazard) and still falling. From p 45 of their Feb 2023 PDF https://energytransitionsinitiative...dated-August-2023-Australian-Industry-ETI.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Australia’s industrial giants are sick of the global energy crisis and high gas prices. Big names like BHP, Bluescope steel, etc, worth a full THIRD of our entire stock-market, have a plan to Electrify Everything (electric trucks, industrial heat with Rondo heat-blocks, etc). They're going to supply us with everything - glass and bricks and concrete - with either zero carbon or much lower carbon (in the case of concrete).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are being done IN RESPONSE TO this new scare tactic that's being fostered on us (AGW).

Right?

Big names like BHP and all those others mentioned HAVE TO go along with this global warming bologna, or I take it they will be ostracized in some way; causing their stocks to drop or whatever?

Either that, or maybe they want to get some brownie points by becoming a leader in the fight against AGW?

Well ... either way ... that's their prerogative.

But when this AGW bologna trickles down to us commoners, and we're expected to get on the band wagon, or else we'll be considered "anti-science" or "deniers" or "non-compliant" or whatever, it pushes my rant button.

I've shown you eighteen other times in the past that science has buffaloed us with their junk theories, and I'm sure that's eighteen times we've been expected to take action or be considered [insert adjective here].

It's even hitting closer to home now, because my in-laws are stockpiling water and looking into buying MREs (Meals Ready To Eat) and other stuff.

Sometimes I think mankind has just gone bananas.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We will revisit this in December.
The yearly atmospheric temperature data is published in January of the following year typically. :) 2023 was the warmest year recorded in modern history, and ever in human existence. Musk needs to stop using his private jet for short flights, cos private aviation generates a lot of CO2 for one person (Elon Musk's private jet made 134 flights in 2022 — with the shortest trip lasting just 6 minutes).

This report for 2023 was published on January 12th, 2024: Global Temperature Report for 2023 - Berkeley Earth

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've shown you eighteen other times in the past that science has buffaloed us with their junk theories, and I'm sure that's eighteen times we've been expected to take action or be considered [insert adjective here].
Eighteen times? I'm sorry but I get bored with your posts and don't read them all.

But if you are talking about your Paul Ehrlich quotes...

One danger to avoid if you want to be taken more seriously is cherry-picking. Especially off-topic cherry-picking - because that is a sure sign of being what we call an Internet Troll. When posting in a Christian forum - and asking people to take the bible seriously - it's probably wise not to do that. Not saying that you are - but there is a fine line here.

I feel your rant against Paul Ehrlich is sort of heading in that direction. Imagine if I said...

"The bible!? How can you take that seriously? It's just an excuse for power hungry cult-leaders to make false promises about an "immediate apocalypse" - and they're the only new 'prophet' that can guide the sheeple (sheep-people = blind followers) through these 'troubled times'. Yet all the while they are planning to rob people and then kill them! Haven't you heard of Jonestown and the Branch Davidians?"​

Isn't that the same as you quoting Ehrlich on his 1968 "Population Bomb" predictions?

Do you want me to find 18 failed "Return of Jesus" predictions by modern Israel-watching Dispensationalist types and post that at you every time you post?

But we are discussing climate science! Physics. Something any good physics lab in the country could show you. Something even Mythbusters have confirmed! CO2 TRAPS HEAT! FACT! Yet you seem to think you've 'debunked' this science by referring to a BIOLOGIST. Not only that, a known extremist! Someone even I have blogged against! EG:

Ehrlich was discussing POPULATION TRENDS from 1968. He was controversial at the time - and selling a book! He made wild and crazy assumptions - worse even than the Club of Rome's "Limits to Growth" reports. Lumping Ehrlich in with "all that Greenie stuff!" is about as intelligent as the atheist that squints across 2000 years of Christian thought and practice and cherry-picks Jim Jones and David Koresh.

It's even hitting closer to home now, because my in-laws are stockpiling water and looking into buying MREs (Meals Ready To Eat) and other stuff.

Sometimes I think mankind has just gone bananas.
I appreciate the modern world - and love the variety of food we get to enjoy. I don't want that to go away. But sometimes I think modern culture has got extremely entitled. Someone else should look after them if there's a hurricane or storm and they don't have any food or water for a week! Where is your American independence? Back in the 1920's and 30's American farmers families and communities used to grow crops but also their own fruit and veggies and bottle preserves and all manner of goods to get through rough seasons. Today we're so entitled to the modern way of life and the "3000 mile Caesar salad" delivered just in time that anyone that thinks beyond ordering Uber eats to actually preparing some of their own food is thought of as a "Doomsday Prepper". Back in the day? It was just called Common Sense. They didn't have the MONEY to do all the things we now take for granted!

So are you saying your grandparent's generation were "bananas" as you so kindly put it?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eighteen times?

Nineteen now, counting Saltes' post.

I'm sorry but I get bored with your posts and don't read them all.

Well you made some pretty hefty comments about me in Post 373, and I'm going to defend my position and show you I know what I'm talking about.

You said I "sneer" at God's creation; and I'm glad to see you "sneering" at those eighteen points that were posted as "spectacularly wrong" by the author.

Maybe if scientists took a more serious approach to God's creation when they study it, they wouldn't make such grievous errors?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are being done IN RESPONSE TO this new scare tactic that's being fostered on us (AGW).
Are being done? Thank you for at least acknowledging that industry CAN make MOST of their products with either ZERO carbon or much lower carbon emissions. It is being done - over time - but there's a plan to prepare for the end of fossil fuels. Are being done. Your words.

Now - just for fun - I might answer one of your top 8 requests.

Glass. This one is harder as it is right up there at the 1600 C mark. There was one disaster in 2008 trying a new kiln - but there have been some design innovations since - and the EU are going to build a new mostly electric one soon. Making Glass without Fossil Gas Fortunately glass is ‘only’ about 95 million metric tons CO2 per year. Glass production emissions worldwide 2022 | Statista
Total human emissions are 36.8 billion tonnes in 2023 Carbon emissions at a record high, new report finds Glass is a fraction of a percent. 0.258152174% So you know what? I'm less concerned about glass as an issue at the moment - and would rather us go full speed ahead towards shutting down coal with renewables and various Overbuild and Storage systems to firm them.

But if you INSIST I show you how we're going to do zero emissions glass - that last 0.2% of the job - I'm going to INSIST you show me your 30 adopted children from poor homes. Oh - and that last kid got a band aid on their boo-boo on their knee. Because that's what the glass industry and Coca Cola industry is compared to coal and oil and gas. A booboo on that last kid's knee. Once you've adopted number 30 - of course.

You said I "sneer" at God's creation; and I'm glad to see you "sneering" at those eighteen points that were posted as "spectacularly wrong" by the author.
You're misquoting me. I actually said "Eighteen times? I'm sorry but I get bored with your posts and don't read them all. But if you are talking about your Paul Ehrlich quotes..."

That is - I GLANCED at the post and saw something about Paul Ehrlich. I don't know WHAT the rest of your long-winded post said. I really don't read them all.

But Paul Ehrlich? He may have made some interesting contributions to science in the very earliest days of his biological research but he is not really a scientist in Population Bomb. He's a mad secular prophet raving about the end of the world.

Speaking of which - I found this so funny! It's cute when you try.

Bible-believing Christians know how the world is going to end, Who is going to put an end to it, why He is going to put an end to it, what order He is going to put an end to it, how long it's going to take Him to put an end to it, and much much more.
"How"? You think we all know HOW? That we AGREE HOW?
Honestly - try reading the Eschatology forums here someday.
Is it Pre-Mid-Post-Pan?
Is it a solar event that scorches the earth, or this that and the other?
What order? Really?
You futurists are all AGREED on that are you?
How Long!?
As in the dreadful "When" question?
Are you for real? We're all agreed on that are we?
Come on - pull the other one it plays jingle bells.
I can't stand it any more - but I used to collect failed predictions made by various Dispensationalists in there.
It's just sad. This is not the thread for eschatological debate - but you NEED to read some Amil literature and understand that Revelation was actually a symbolic sermon to John's generation suffering under Roman persecution, not a narcissistic End-Times-Table for Americans to debate because they want it all to be about themselves! It's not.
I could go in there and find 18 failed Dispensationalist predictions for you - but I might vomit in the process. It's honestly discouraging dealing with those people.
Dude - try to be less SMUG about the end of the world. The bible just does not tell us as much about it as you pretend. But I'll agree that it does tell us WHY. But - also - in a sense - it's not the end of this world is it? We just had Easter. Where's Jesus body? Not just left to rot - it was upgraded. Just as this world will be.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,078.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes! This! Sydney doesn't even get hurricanes but we had record breaking rain the last 2 days. How long before recalcitrant Deniers learn that this was all modelled decades ago by the physics of our oceans warming, the atmosphere warming and carrying more water - causing faster drying here and greater deluges over there?
There will be a vast right wing paradigm shift!

The disaster will have to be blamed on the left.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"How"? You think we all know HOW? That we AGREE HOW?
Honestly - try reading the Eschatology forums here someday.
Is it Pre-Mid-Post-Pan?

Obviously post-trib.

And as to how, it will be the "big bang" that scientists have talked about all their lives.

Only, as usual, scientists have it backwards.

The "big bang" will come at the end.

It didn't come at the beginning.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How Long!?
As in the dreadful "When" question?
Are you for real? We're all agreed on that are we?

Don't let disagreements stop you in believing God will do it.

If you let disagreements get in the way, then how we [scientifically] got our moon should be driving you nuts.

Or, as I suspect, can science take a hike now?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There will be a vast right wing paradigm shift!

The disaster will have to be blamed on the left.

The scientific left blames the weather on Jesus and ... believe it or not ... one of His half-sisters.

Ever heard of El Niño and La Niña?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obviously post-trib.

And as to how, it will be the "big bang" that scientists have talked about all their lives.

Only, as usual, scientists have it backwards.

The "big bang" will come at the end.

It didn't come at the beginning.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
This is not an eschatology forum.
And you haven't shown me your "30 adopted children" to have the right to preach at me bro! As I said:
"I could be wrong - but you seem to spend an awful amount of time hanging out in this science forum and sneering at all the things you DON'T believe. Tell me do your actual 'beliefs' - such as they are - motivate anything good in your life? What else do you do other than hang out here and sneer at all the science you disagree with? (While only making everyone wince - and not convincing anyone of your antiquated and rather unbiblical views.) Has love for neighbour challenged you to do anything? Otherwise - I'm scared certain verses in James might apply...."

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Don't let disagreements stop you in believing God will do it.

If you let disagreements get in the way, then how we [scientifically] got our moon should be driving you nuts.

Or, as I suspect, can science take a hike now?
See? You're at it again. Exactly as I keep saying. The subject here is climate change. You keep diverting it into anything YOU are more comfortable talking about. There's a name for that kind of online behaviour.

For the record - if you search around you'll see my position on Last Things over on the eschatology forums. I'm historic Amil - up there with the New Testament and the Protestant Reformers. Silly literalistic & futuristic readings of Revelation - THE most symbolic book in the bible - are a largely recent American invention. I'm NOT debating that with you here - that would be inappropriate. Go find another Amil to rant at!

If you want to learn how wrong you are on literal creationism - listen to John Dickson's evolution interviews on "Undeceptions" for the TE position (Theistic Evolution - and what Genesis really means). Here is a short excerpt from my personal theological hero - Alister McGrath. Your ignorant literalistic reading of ancient symbolic writing can go take a hike. I mean - dude - ever study poetry? Ever learn the difference between the different genres of literature in the bible? The bible is not one book by one author writing in one style.

Ever recognise that Jesus used more metaphors and parables than literal lessons? It appears TRUTH really can be conveyed through metaphor or simile - and that even if Genesis 1 to 11 isn't written to be literally true - it can still teach truth. Do not be afraid to read what the original author was saying to the original audience.

Now go away and learn ... things.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,925,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tell me do your actual 'beliefs' - such as they are - motivate anything good in your life?

What kind of question is that?

Our church supports more than 100 missionaries, and my wife and I give a good portion monthly to faith promise.

I may not have "30 children," whatever that was supposed to have meant, but I look forward to having crowns in Heaven -- with jewels.

What else do you do other than hang out here and sneer at all the science you disagree with?

I happen to have chronic bilateral lymphedema, and can only walk about 100 yards at a time.

In addition, I cannot stand for more than one minute at a time.

I'm basically semi-invalid, but I do get around.

Fair enough?

(While only making everyone wince - and not convincing anyone of your antiquated and rather unbiblical views.)

How do you know I'm not?

For the record, I've got almost thirty times the number of thumbs-up than you have.

Your snap judgements are noted.

You might want to peruse these threads, instead of making hasty remarks, chief:

Let's see yours.

(Note: this reply was hard to make for obvious reasons. I don't normally talk about myself, and I thank each and every one of you who made these threads.)

Has love for neighbour challenged you to do anything?

^_^ -- Ask them.

My next door neighbor bought us coffee mugs that say BEST NEIGHBOR EVAH! on them.

Otherwise - I'm scared certain verses in James might apply...."

Uh-huh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
^_^ -- Ask them.
You mean in a largely American Christian forum - the blunt but assertive Creationist guy managed to find an echo-chamber to applaud his Creationist tub-thumping? I'm SHOCKED! :oldthumbsup::doh:Am I impressed? Nope. See my signature.

I'm sad to hear about your health problems. I've started to feel the effects of aging - and have had certain weird and unexpected diagnoses myself. It also explains why you have so much time to be online. (Also - I'm spread across a number of different forums including Reddit and many others - I cannot hope to match you here.) You may indeed be an OK guy in the real world. But how you come across here is probably vastly different to how you come across in the real world.

Here's what Alister McGrath says about all that Creationist junk you seem to be getting applause for:

Yet, Darwin himself spoke about the relationship of evolutionary theory and Christianity at several points and he made it clear that he could see no reason why his theory of evolution should cause Christians any discomfort.​
Darwin is presented as if he knew his theory of evolution would be subversive of belief in God. But he did not think that.​
That may surprise you, as very often Darwin is presented as if he knew his theory of evolution would be subversive of belief in God. But he did not think that.​
If you were to ask Darwin this question, ‘Do you think your theory of natural selection is bad news for religion or in any way conflictive with religion?’ his answer is given, and it is “No”.​
What has happened to make this a point of conflict? My own reading of what is a very complex situation is that there is a cultural agenda going on here. It’s about a certain group of Christians – mainly in North America – feeling threatened. As a result, they put up defensive walls against anything that they saw as being contaminating or threatening to their faith. Darwin’s theory of evolution was seen as integral to American scientific culture, which those Christians saw as an enemy. I don’t think any other Christian people do, but these North American Christians are seen as normative by people who want to tell a particular story.​
In fact, the North American response to evolution is quite different from, say, the British Christian response to evolution. It’s actually quite a dramatic difference.​
This should immediately suggest to any intelligent person that there might be a cultural element in this matter. It’s not Christianity versus Darwin. It’s very much an American form of Christianity (a very specifically American form) which arose in an American context, responding to an American agenda, not Christianity globally. But there are those who simply want to make their own points.​

Getting back to climate change - you never acknowledged that GLASS is a tiny fraction of industry's carbon emissions and we could afford to leave it to the very last if we had to. Are you satisfied that - just like other massive public social policies (like health or education or whatever) - we should pursue the largest and easiest wins and gradually work out some of the much harder issues - especially if they're tiny compared to massive gains we could make in other areas? Can we cross glass off your list of 8 objections? In other words - I'm happy to have a little fossil fuels & carbon involved in glass for a while yet just because it's such a tiny industry.

(There may come a time when we can afford to use agriwaste as the carbon feedstock instead - but that's a whole other subject with a lot of assumptions about how the next few decades unfold.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟245,555.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Now go away and learn ... things.
A sentiment that each human should direct at themselves at the dawn of each new day.
Wow -- just wow
Unfortunately, some appear to be offended when they are reminded of it.

At times AV tyour posts can be entertaining in a comradely way. However, many of them seem arrogant, patronising and snide. I doubt the latter is the real you, but that's how it comes across. There's a limit to being told how often ones views can take a hike.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A sentiment that each human should direct at themselves at the dawn of each new day.

Unfortunately, some appear to be offended when they are reminded of it.

At times AV tyour posts can be entertaining in a comradely way. However, many of them seem arrogant, patronising and snide. I doubt the latter is the real you, but that's how it comes across. There's a limit to being told how often ones views can take a hike.
Oh boy do I need to learn things! Let's put it this way - I'm not Alister McGrath! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0