Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I initially posted this in July of last year. I thought I would move it here.

Dr Bill Bright Memorial

Hi all,

I just got back a little bit ago from the memorial that was held at First Baptist Church Orlando for Dr Bill Bright who went to be with the Lord last week.

It was a warm tribute to man who devoted his life to sharing the Gospel of Jesus with everyone he came in contact with. He used every breath to tell of his relationship with Jesus and died of a disease that stole that breath from him. But the enemy was not the winner. . . till' the moment he died he was still telling of his love for Jesus.

As some here know, I worked with Campus Crusade for Christ for 8 1/2 years and moved here with them to Orlando from San Bernardino, Calif., 11 years ago. It was a wonderful place to work and I enjoyed my time there.

Lot's of people had little tidbits to share about him and I wanted, if you don't mind to share a couple of things about him that I remember.

At CCC we had weekly get togethers where everyone in the building would gather for time of praise and prayer. Whenever Dr Bright was in town he would always join us and afterward would stand by the door as people left and make himself available to whoever wanted to stop. He always came across as a very humble man.

Every Christmas, he and his wife Vonette would open their house to the staff for a day of fellowshipping together.

Another time, one of the ladies I worked with was coming in from outside and the windows on the building were tinted. Thinking Dr Bright was out of town she decided to peek in the window of his office to see what it looked like. As she surveyed the room she came to his desk and there he sat, watching her and waving.

Anyway, I know this is'nt much but I just wanted to post this and say that even though I did not know him well his enthusiasm and large dreams had an impact on my life. And I know that he had an impact on the lives of others as well.

He always said, "I'm rejoicing", and now he's doing it in heaven.

He will be greatly missed.

Barbara

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't know he died. I'm sorry to hear that.
I heard that the "Jesus" movie which was released in 1979 has been shown to over 1 billion people. It is by far the most viewed movie of all time. All because of Campus Crusade for Christ. Bill Brights evangelistic heart cry will continue through this movie. I only wish I could have met him.
We lost a piller :cry: but Heaven gained a Patriarch. :angel:

Upvote 0