Down in the bunker....

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟578,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you know we say there are things we would not eat... but if the world were starving, I suspect our menu selection would increase substantially.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟578,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...we were kids...this friend of mine took a knife and basically started sawing off the rabbit's head...kinda tough to watch :help: learned later of more humane ways of doing things...
Ya... wow.
One quick twist of the neck and bunny is feeling no pain and we got victuals for supper.

Reactions: William67
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you know we say there are things we would not eat... but if the world were starving, I suspect our menu selection would increase substantially.

Reminds me of a book on my shelf....

133940.jpg

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am visiting in Michigan for a few weeks, and seeing a lot on the news about the water crisis in Flint, and bet a bunch of folks wish they had a supply of good water.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am visiting in Michigan for a few weeks, and seeing a lot on the news about the water crisis in Flint, and bet a bunch of folks wish they had a supply of good water.

I saw this bad water thing in Flint on the news...how insane is this? And how many of us with "good" water out of the tap actually test it to see if it's good or just rely on the local gov't to tell us?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Looks like they knew for at least a month that it had lead in it. Now it will cost $1.5 Bil to fix, not to mention the lawsuits from illness and hard. Had they waited til sometime this year, they could have gotten good water from another source. But the appointed emergency manager who overrules the elected official made the call.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I'm working 3d shift, mostly alone, I'm back to listening to podcasts and catching up on Survival Podcast episodes. Anyone prepping and not checking this is missing out.

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/

I get most of my podcasts through iTunes btw...

Listened to the latest podcast this morning...interviewed a fellow named Chris Martenson...another Prepper teacher & podcaster so going to add to my repertoire. When you have at least 7 hours nightly (morningly?) of solo work to do ya need a lot of podcasts.

I also listen to a lot of stuff from Ancient Faith Radio (Eastern Orthodox) and some Alex Jones ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, now that I am not traveling all over in the US and dealing with family issues, I can start focusing on this particular forum again.

I have learned a few things in the states though - to prevent big problems with bed bugs, be sure to buy a mattress cover that prevents bed bugs from getting into your mattress or from coming out if they are there. It is a huge problem in the midwest.

It's a prepper thing, too, right? Since I live in a place where those mattress covers hard if not impossible to find, I can see what a problem it could be in a disaster or major event like epms, and more.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I saw this bad water thing in Flint on the news...how insane is this? And how many of us with "good" water out of the tap actually test it to see if it's good or just rely on the local gov't to tell us?

It is just crazy. Then I read where there is a problem in Ohio too. Most of the east and midwest folks that live in older homes have lead pipes.

The thing that make me upset with Michigan is that the warning signs were there. GM had switched their water supply there because the water was corroding the machinery. Folks complained right off. The governor knew for some time before doing anything and was shamed into it from what I saw.

I think lots of communities need to check their water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, where i live we had our winter growing season. I can officially say I am sick of green beans. ^_^

But I wll plant them again for the fall season.

anyone else like to grow food?

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, where i live we had our winter growing season. I can officially say I am sick of green beans. ^_^

But I wll plant them again for the fall season.

anyone else like to grow food?
I like to grow herbs, peppers, tomatoes and squash. If I have enough room, black eyed peas. But getting too old to weed so most of my gardening is on small scale these days. But nothing like a fresh tomato in the summertime. YUMMY!!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟578,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like to grow herbs, peppers, tomatoes and squash. If I have enough room, black eyed peas. But getting too old to weed so most of my gardening is on small scale these days. But nothing like a fresh tomato in the summertime. YUMMY!!
I understand the age issue.
We are going to have some permanent raised beds which will make work easier. Also consider Mittleider Method which uses heavy mulch and so few if any weeks.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,791,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have started some seedlings for Sage, basil, lemonbalm and English Lavender. The rosemary didn't take apparently. I may put them in a container.

I have a bunch of oregano growing and am not sure what to do with it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟578,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have started some seedlings for Sage, basil, lemonbalm and English Lavender. The rosemary didn't take apparently. I may put them in a container.

I have a bunch of oregano growing and am not sure what to do with it.
Sounds great! We are going give the sun chokes another try this year. They rotted in the ground last year. We are going add more sand to the soil to aid in the drainage. We assume the soil was too wet. Once you get them started they are a virtually guaranteed food source for years. You can't kill them!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.