Does your Church celebrate the Lord's Supper?

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Baptist church to which I belong celebrates Communion quarterly. Non-members are free to participate as long as they've accepted Christ. I've attended Baptist churches that celebrate it on a monthly basis. Just depends on the church. I recently ran across a survey, conducted about ten years ago, that showed just over 50% of Baptist churches have it quarterly and around 1% have it weekly. I guess the rest fall somewhere in between.

Must admit I've not heard of having Communion at a Wednesday evening service. I would think it would naturally be served at a regular morning service as that's when most people attend.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Riley, why are you so interested in these topics of what denominations different from yours do?

Every church I've attended celebrates the Lord's Supper. The RCA church & Baptist churches I attend do it once a month. Every Baptist church I've attended consistently does it that way.

Some other things: everyone can participate. We believe only it's symbolic Jesus's flesh & blood, just like the Passover feast was. We use juice for the blood.

I think less than once a month would be too infrequent
It is. However, the majority of Southern Baptist churches tend to celebrate it once a quarter.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is. However, the majority of Southern Baptist churches tend to celebrate it once a quarter.
This is what some of the Baptist churches I have attended do. They also have great food before and after service every Sunday and Wednesday Bible study, lots of food oh my.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
This is what some of the Baptist churches I have attended do. They also have great food before and after service every Sunday and Wednesday Bible study, lots of food on my.
Protestants tend to have a higher emphasis on fellowship, which includes lots of food. :)

Upvote 0

Sors

Still Love This Movie
Sep 30, 2004
Texas
✟22,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The are not mainstream Christian but they are certainly Christians.
They have no other Gods or other names for God and Jesus.
They don't call on any other characters for guidance or help.
There are more than 10,000 saints named at this time.

I realize I am responding to something from May, but I feel I have to. This can't be your definition of Christian. Non Nicaean, Additional Revelation, No literal resurrection. I mean....do we want to call Muslims Christian? I dont think they would agree.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums