Visit site
✟1,513,379.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let's imagine that a person comes to Church to repent. Suppose he committed a serious sin: sex crime or murder.

He comes to church and sees a female priest.

1) Do you think he trust a female priest or not?

2) If so, will a female priest be able to keep a cool mind and guide him on the right path?

Also one more point. When parishioners at liturgy look at a female priest, will they see in her the image of Christ or will they see only a woman in her?
1. In my experience (as a woman who is a priest) some people trust fairly readily, and some take time to develop trust. This is not particularly about gender.
2. Yes, of course.
3. The important aspect of Christ that a priest represents is Christ's humanity, not his masculinity.

Your arguments rest on the assumption that a man will not be able to relate to a woman as a priest, but in my experience that is simply not true. It can be a mental adjustment when people encounter a woman as a priest for the first time, but they soon get over it.

I also find your arguments about the Trinity deeply problematic but see that Rose_bud is doing a good job of responding to them, I don't need to repeat her points.

Upvote 0