✟15,548.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

Need some advise on how to handle my 17 year old brother.

So I'm looking after my 17 year old younger Brother for the week as my Mother is gone away.
Yesterday he came to me asking "if his girlfriend to sleepover for a few days".
I told him to call our Mother. She had told me he wasn't going to have anyone stay over while she was away, so I figured she would tell him No. So last night before going to bed my brother "told me his girlfriend was coming today". And guess was here when I woke up this morning?
I have not seen nor spoke to my brother at all today as he was in bed all day with his gf and then went out, don't know when he will be back but I know his girlfriend plans to stay as I seen her bag of clothes in the bedroom.
I am not comfortable with her staying at all as my mother always makes sure they are in separate bedrooms when she does sleep over.
But as you can imagine my brother will not listen to me at all.
So how can I make it clear his girlfriend can't sleep over without being too rude to her?
Its not easy for my mother to sort this out as she is in another country and timezone(4hours behind)

Thank you,
God Bless

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,055.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

Need some advise on how to handle my 17 year old brother.

So I'm looking after my 17 year old younger Brother for the week as my Mother is gone away.
Yesterday he came to me asking "if his girlfriend to sleepover for a few days".
I told him to call our Mother. She had told me he wasn't going to have anyone stay over while she was away, so I figured she would tell him No. So last night before going to bed my brother "told me his girlfriend was coming today". And guess was here when I woke up this morning?
I have not seen nor spoke to my brother at all today as he was in bed all day with his gf and then went out, don't know when he will be back but I know his girlfriend plans to stay as I seen her bag of clothes in the bedroom.
I am not comfortable with her staying at all as my mother always makes sure they are in separate bedrooms when she does sleep over.
But as you can imagine my brother will not listen to me at all.
So how can I make it clear his girlfriend can't sleep over without being too rude to her?
Its not easy for my mother to sort this out as she is in another country and timezone(4hours behind)

Thank you,
God Bless
I would tell them both to spend the week elsewhere, because 17 yr olds are not going to listen to anything you say. Praying for you. PS that may not be Christian advise but I can see what you are up against.
Welcome to the forums!! I hope you join us on the other forums and enjoy your time with us!

Upvote 0

LadyBelle033

Aug 7, 2022
NA
✟15,548.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Private
I would be better for them to go to her parents house as they are stricter and would deal with them better lol.
sadly my little brother wont listen so all I can do is hide the food and hope they go to her parents house soon. As all they do here is laze all day in bed and only come out to eat all the food we have left!

Upvote 0