✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can we help you find one?

There really isn't one here since I am a Charismatic Episcopal (not Episcopalian) and I do not identify with Charismatic. The closet I come is the Catholic sub forum and the Traditional Theology sub forum

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There really isn't one here since I am a Charismatic Episcopal (not Episcopalian) and I do not identify with Charismatic. The closet I come is the Catholic sub forum and the Traditional Theology sub forum
Neither of those forums will be allowing the full discussion since OBOB is Catholic and officially against SSM.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm the Charismatic Catholic forum?

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sorry and sadden that CF has done this at all. At a Christian site this should have been a non issue :(
Seeing as there are lots and lots of gay Christians, why would this be a non issue here? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't have a good reason to discuss it. Taking a hardline Fundamentalist stance will do nothing but turn people away from Christianity and God.

Why don't you join the Conservative or Fundamentalist Forums? They won't be discussing this.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
We need to be a light to all the world. We have not given the the gay community any time of day for most of ten years. What we hope to do is allow congregations to talk about important topics concerning the gay lifestyle including SSM if they want to. Its a good way to bring the light of the gospel in. The Church for the most part has been absent or silent on this issue.

OK lets talk about polls everyone!
For future discussion, can we please refrain from using "gay lifestyle"? It's usually used as a pejorative, and honestly has no real relevant meaning.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seeing as there are lots and lots of gay Christians, why would this be a non issue here? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't have a good reason to discuss it. Taking a hardline Fundamentalist stance will do nothing but turn people away from Christianity and God.

Why don't you join the Conservative or Fundamentalist Forums? They won't be discussing this.
It is against the Scriptures and Traditions weather one likes it or not. This world is messed up enough we don't need that nonsense here

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is against the Scriptures and Traditions weather one likes it or not. This world is messed up enough we don't need that nonsense here

true however all sins go against scripture ... and since the Bible states that no sin is worse than any other sin its fair and right to treat all sinners equally and avoid discrimination . To single out one type of sinner treat them differently and have special restrictions regarding them is nothing less than hypocrisy and that unjust behavior toward other people does not glorify God at all and contradicts Christian teaching about how we should act toward other people. Its unfortunate that so many seekers are here on this website witnessing this shameful behavior but i guess it shows that none of us are perfect and christians can also lose their way.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UPDATE:

There are some slight changes that have been made to our marital status options. We changed the marital status of "Married (M/F)" back to "Married". Same sex couples who are legally married must chose a marital status of either "Legal Union (Other)" or "Private" in their profile. If a member who is in a same sex marriage chooses the "Married" icon they may be reported and asked to change their marital status. Only members with the "Married" icon may post in the Married Couples forum.

We have also changed the "Widow/Widower" marital status to "Widowed", and we added a new marital status of "Celibate".

Reactions: raggedycamel
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,158,859.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There's no good solution, but "legal union (other)" is probably an option that can't be used. The people who are expected to choose it are in a union that's legally marriage, so it's not legal (other). I would assume people in SSM would just say private.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,158,859.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Celibate is an interesting option, since under traditional Christian morals it would seem to be equivalent to unmarried. Did you mean it for people permanently committed to celibacy, or are we assuming the unmarried means unmarried but open to sex outside marriage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UPDATE:

There are some slight changes that have been made to our marital status options. We changed the marital status of "Married (M/F)" back to "Married". Same sex couples who are legally married must chose a marital status of either "Legal Union (Other)" or "Private" in their profile. If a member who is in a same sex marriage chooses the "Married" icon they may be reported and asked to change their marital status. Only members with the "Married" icon may post in the Married Couples forum.

We have also changed the "Widow/Widower" marital status to "Widowed", and we added a new marital status of "Celibate".

Thank you. Though since this is a Christian forum the better preference would be to not even remotely bow to homosexuals and let them know that there is no marriage no matter what the government decides or other errant Christian communities

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Celibate is an interesting option, since under traditional Christian morals it would seem to be equivalent to unmarried. Did you mean it for people permanently committed to celibacy, or are we assuming the unmarried means unmarried but open to sex outside marriage?
We had many requests for this option from folks who choose to remain single and to never marry

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,158,859.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
We had many requests for this option from folks who choose to remain single and to never marry
I guessed that was what it was. Perhaps some kind of phrase like committed celibate. Or maybe nobody but me finds it weird.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟626,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That was put in years ago for children who have died either post birth, stillborn or miscarried. It was made inactive after an update at one point years ago. Which is likely why it was not refined. Could use clarification. But that was the original intent of that option.
Off topic, but that is a good looking crew you got there......

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Off topic, but that is a good looking crew you got there......
I know right! I had to smile and still cant help but smile when I see them all there, you can tell there is lots of love in that home!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.