Did Yahshua Rise on the 7th Day Shabbat...

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to burst your bubble again pal:
"for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Matthew 12:40 NASB1995

Sorry you can't read...it does NOT say AFTER...pal. BTW, what are you giggling about on these posts...you are not making very good arguments...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Humble Penny
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
People lie... Numbers don't

Yes they sure do! Numbers can't by themselves but people can use them wrongly like trying to prove that 1 + 1 = 2 because 11 + 11 = 1111

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Someone said this, (quite far back at this point), and I wasn't able to respond to it at the time.

Ancient Israel never celebrated a solar year. A solar year requires a level of mathematics that ancient Israel did not possess.

We know that the Egyptians had a 365 day calendar long before even the time of Mosheh.

Egyptian calendar - Wikipedia

We also know from the scripture that Mosheh was brought up under Pharaoh's daughter, which basically means in the broader sense of the house of Pharaoh. Therefore, there should be no doubt that Mosheh would have had access to any and all schools of thought, records, writings, and teachings.

We also have the testimony of Stephen, in Acts 7:22, stating that Mosheh was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians.

Giza - the Time Machine - World Mysteries Blog

Upvote 0

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you can't read...it does NOT say AFTER...pal. BTW, what are you giggling about on these posts...you are not making very good arguments...
Right which is why you can't connect the fact that since He will rise after three days in relation to the 3 Days and 3 Nights Prophecy. But if you're going to accuse me of not making good arguments you should stop being a hypocrite and answer why your Friday doctrine isn't supported by Scripture according to post #195.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Right which is why you can't connect the fact that since He will rise after three days in relation to the 3 Days and 3 Nights Prophecy. But if you're going to accuse me of not making good arguments you should stop being a hypocrite and answer why your Friday doctrine isn't supported by Scripture according to post #195.

No one can Einstein, because as I have already shown, no where in scripture does it say that LOL! YOU said that. I don't need to answer it because as I said earlier, your premise is wrong. What you think and say is not scripture...it is your interpretation (wrongly I might add) of it...

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No one can Einstein, because as I have already shown, no where in scripture does it say that LOL! YOU said that. I don't need to answer it because as I said earlier, your premise is wrong. What you think and say is not scripture...it is your interpretation (wrongly I might add) of it...
Looks like you can't comprehend that post #195 included every view and calendar alongside mine. All you have to do is match the tiles. But you'd rather not use your brain but mindlessly follow traditions of men. Guess it can't be helped since the Pharisees also did that.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Looks like you can't comprehend that post #195 included every view and calendar alongside mine. All you have to do is match the tiles. But you'd rather not use your brain but mindlessly follow traditions of men. Guess it can't be helped since the Pharisees also did that.

If one does not understand that a yom is not just a day, but can also be an hour, the same will not be able to understand much of any of this, including the calendar.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I comprehend your premise is wrong thus making everything else wrong...

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If one does not understand that a yom is not just a day, but can also be an hour, the same will not be able to understand much of any of this, including the calendar.

I comprehend your premise is wrong thus making everything else wrong...
At least I can see what resistors to the truth who can't objectively look at post #195 look and sound like. Prayers to you and all subjective minds. This thread is about pinning down the day Yeshua was buried and rose from the dead. To do that you need the right calendar and start date for the 1st Month of Abib. Look at post #195 and your calendar isn't supported.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
At least I can see what resistors to the truth who can't objectively look at post #195 look and sound like. Prayers to you and all subjective minds.

YOUR truth...not THE truth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
YOUR truth...not THE truth
Actually post #195 let's the truth speak for itself. Your responses make it clear that you're not man enough to face the truth.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Actually post #195 let's the truth speak for itself. Your responses make it clear that you're not man enough to face the truth.

YOUR truth...and you can't face the truth that you are wrong...thanks for the prayers but I think in this case you need them...

• Agree
Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to burst your bubble again pal:
"for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Matthew 12:40 NASB1995

Hi pals, it's great that we're all pals here; because we don't want aaaaaany trouble.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
At least I can see what resistors to the truth who can't objectively look at post #195 look and sound like. Prayers to you and all subjective minds. This thread is about pinning down the day Yeshua was buried and rose from the dead. To do that you need the right calendar and start date for the 1st Month of Abib. Look at post #195 and your calendar isn't supported.

Here is a typical rock cut tomb:

rock-tomb.JPG

The first thing I notice is that it is above ground. Would you, as a staunch, hardcore literalist, please explain to me how you convert this into "the heart of the earth" in your thinking? Moreover, can you please explain how you get "heart of the earth" when such tombs are hewn out of solid rock? Understand? It's not even earth at all but hewn out of solid rock. Is this not pretty much what we read of the burial place of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts?

Matthew 27:59-60 ASV
59 And Joseph took the body, and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
60 and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb, and departed.

The only thing missing in the image file above is the great stone that would have been rolled into place, in its carved slot, which may be seen carved out in front of the tomb at ground level.

If therefore you are the staunch literalist that you claim to be, shouldn't you be tossing out your understanding of Matthew 12:40 at this point, seeing with your very own eyes how flawed your theory must be?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes they sure do! Numbers can't by themselves but people can use them wrongly like trying to prove that 1 + 1 = 2 because 11 + 11 = 1111

You're wrong because of a faulty premise.

1+1 = 8

Here's the proof:

Let a=1
Let b=1

a=b

a^2 = ab

a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2

(a +b)(a - b) = b(a - b)

a + b = b

b + b = b

1+ 1 = 1

1 = 1 + 1

1= 2

1(1) = 2(2)

1= 4

1+1 = 4+4

1+1 = 8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You're wrong because of a faulty premise.

1+1 = 4

Here's the proof:

Let a=1
Let b=1

a=b

a^2 = ab

a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2

(a +b)(a - b) = b(a - b)

a + b = b

b + b = b

1+ 1 = 1

1 = 1 + 1

1= 2

1(1) = 2(2)

1= 4

New math LOL! :) BUT, does 11 + 11= 1111????

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
New math LOL! :) BUT, does 11 + 11= 1111????

I could make it work!

It just goes to show that a faulty premise does not make the conclusion incorrect.

A false premise is an incorrect proposition that forms the basis of an argument or syllogism. Since the premise (proposition, or assumption) is not correct, the conclusion drawn may be in error. However, the logical validity of an argument is a function of its internal consistency, not the truth value of its premises.

For example, consider this syllogism, which involves a false premise:

• If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
  • The streets are wet. (premise)
  • Therefore it has rained recently. (conclusion)
This argument is logically valid, but quite demonstrably wrong, because its first premise is false - one could hose down the streets, the local river could have flooded etc. A simple logical analysis will not reveal the error in this argument, since that analysis must accept the truth of the argument's premises. For this reason, an argument based on false premises can be much more difficult to refute, or even discuss, than one featuring a normal logical error, as the truth of its premises must be established to the satisfaction of all parties.

Another feature of an argument based on false premises that can bedevil critics, is that its conclusion can in fact be true. Consider the above example again. It may well be that it has recently rained and that the streets are wet. This does nothing to prove the first premise, but can make its claims more difficult to refute. This underlies the basic epistemological problem of establishing causal relationships

False premise - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0