Shawboro
✟1,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
I am slowly incorporating whole foods into my diet, but as I live with other family members with limited amounts of storage space sometimes it's easier said than done. I'm also moving more around the house and using a vacuum that you actually have to put some muscle power behind to get it to work instead o the new robot-vac that my cousin's son gifted her with.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of videos on health. If you look below there are other threads about health don't mind the arguments on various camp diets but do your research. I've personally found that a Mediterranean diet is the best and doesn't need supplementation. I love my Thousand Island dressing but switch to olive oil and vinegar, yuk, but Olive oil is amazing for the body. Type 2 diabetes is reversible but it will take time. I'm 63 reversing mine from an A1C of 8 to 6.2 in two years. I was diagnosed diabetic at age 40. At our age, it's all about longevity with a quality life as we age. Check out some information on insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. Protein is important also for muscle. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There are a lot of videos on health. If you look below there are other threads about health don't mind the arguments on various camp diets but do your research. I've personally found that a Mediterranean diet is the best and doesn't need supplementation. I love my Thousand Island dressing but switch to olive oil and vinegar, yuk, but Olive oil is amazing for the body. Type 2 diabetes is reversible but it will take time. I'm 63 reversing mine from an A1C of 8 to 6.2 in two years. I was diagnosed diabetic at age 40. At our age, it's all about longevity with a quality life as we age. Check out some information on insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. Protein is important also for muscle. Be blessed.

A Mediterranean diet is definitely a very positive improvement.

When it comes to things like getting used to oil and vinegar, tastes can change (be sure to get a good quality balsamic vinegar, that can make a big difference, too. I don't eat salad as a rule in my diet, but I do use balsamic vinegar in cooking). I used to think eating just plain oatmeal would be unpalatable, but I've grown accustomed to it, and that's the way many people traditionally ate their oats (sometimes I do use some cinnamon and berries- I like berberries or goji berries in my oats, but sometimes I just eat plain with a tiny dash of salt).

Last edited:
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to things like getting used to oil and vinegar, tastes can change (be sure to get a good quality balsamic vinegar, that can make a big difference,
Yes, I've been doing it for about a year now and use apple cider vinegar mostly.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0