Dealing with believers who think you are heretical?

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
If you go to a church that has a wide range of believers, how do you deal with those who, wrongly for the
Sake of discussion, think your views are dangerous and heretical, especially if they are leaders and politics are
Involved? The views are irrelevant, just about attitudes and working together.

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you go to a church that has a wide range of believers, how do you deal with those who, wrongly for the
Sake of discussion, think your views are dangerous and heretical, especially if they are leaders and politics are
If nonleaders only were involved , I would attempt to discuss it with them rationally . If that does not work , I would ask that they agree with a meeting with leadership and respected members to take turns presenting the views in question and allow for discussion .

If leadership was involved , the only good thing would be to leave the group .

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The first thing I would do is to sit down with the pastor and the accusers and submit your questioned beliefs to his judgment. It is possible that they are correct, I know no one, including me, ever want to consider that, but it is possible. Sitting with the pastor and asking for his judgment on it in the presence of your accuser will show humility and a willingness to yield to God. It will also give the pastor a chance to correct one of his leaders if he is wrong and to become aware of this conflict and deal with it head-on instead of after it stews for months and increases in magnitude.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
and when you have talked with the pastor and still have a big difference of opinion between some leaders and you....
If the pastor did their job , they would have told those leaders to consider it just that - a difference of opinion - and , proceed along that line .

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Let them slap you for your stand but stand your ground and turn the other cheek. That is what it really means. Do what is right regardless if others think you are wrong.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know of no-one, including myself, who could or would stop believing something simply because someone or a group of someones came to me and complained that they did not like my stance on something. Would you change your belief just because someone came to you and said it was heritical? I know I have had people come to me and say my stance on healing is heritical. So what? I can justify it with scripture and that is all I need.
It is just to easy to find another church.

Upvote 0