✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes He is patient. :)

And for that i will be forever grateful.....

There was a time i told Him to not even THINK about asking me to bow my will to anyone, including Him.

(that was my "spooked horse" chapter....i am still humbled that He never ever got mad at me...but understood the inexplicable pain it surfaced from)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And for that i will be forever grateful.....

There was a time i told Him to not even THINK about asking me to bow my will to anyone, including Him.

(that was my "spooked horse" chapter....i am still humbled that He never ever got mad at me...but understood the inexplicable pain it surfaced from)
Without His patience i would be utterly destroyed i think. By His grace i stand on Hope, love, and faith.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Without His patience i would be utterly destroyed i think. By His grace i stand on Hope, love, and faith.

Amen!

How utterly GRACIOUS He is!!!! He takes the time we need to "learn" these things, and that He means to do us well, and not harm us as we "learn" how to TRUST Him. Reminds me of this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Praise God!!!!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen!

How utterly GRACIOUS He is!!!! He takes the time we need to "learn" these things, and that He means to do us well, and not harm us as we "learn" how to TRUST Him. Reminds me of this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Praise God!!!!

:) Amen.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen!

Praise God!!!!
This verse in context provides an even better example of trust and patience. The Israelites were in captivity at this time, and verse 10 says... This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place."
God was really making them be patient with Him... I don't know if I could handle having to wait 70 years for something God's planning to give me. That's a true test of patience, yet God is even more patient with us than that.

Thank you God for your patience!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This verse in context provides an even better example of trust and patience. The Israelites were in captivity at this time, and verse 10 says... This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place."
God was really making them be patient with Him... I don't know if I could handle having to wait 70 years for something God's planning to give me. That's a true test of patience, yet God is even more patient with us than that.

Yes, that IS a loooong time. Thank God for His grace during times like that.....

Amen.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,365.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs-15-1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

This got me to thinkin'.......what also comes to mind for me is Sarah and Abraham, and how they waited years for the child that God promised them.....and as the years pass by, and still no child, and finally, both are well beyond child-bearing years, and there's no child, how angst and uncertainty, and yes, despair most likely "gripped" them, and as such, Sarah "panics" and steps in to attempt to "solve" this perceived "problem". Had God forgotten about them? Can we even imagine the heartache of both Abraham and Sarah (especially Sarah)? From her perspective, life was just passing her by, and from the looks of things, she'd die, Childless. This would be utter "failure" from her perspective. And disgraceful. A tragedy. These thoughts must have filled her heart, mind, and very soul. Both Abraham and Sarah were on a journey of testing the very fibers of their soul regarding how very much they really DID believe God. He was putting both through the "fire" of doubt and uncertainty, combined with God's own "silence". Reminds me of Job. He was also placed, if you will, in a fiery furnace of affliction.

God seems to do this with those servants of His that He will use mightily. And the affliction of "waiting" is part of that "fiery furnace".

This comes to mind:

"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." ~Isaiah 48:10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,365.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,365.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Amen. May God restrain my mouth and just give me pause before i run it unthinkingly.

I will have to remember this, this week...as my mom used to say...'think first before opening mouth'

31 Whoever heeds life-giving correction
will be at home among the wise.

I will heed!

proverbs-15-22.jpg

and who could resist this sunshine 'smile'

proverbs-15.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0