NW England
✟1,071,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course not. You can't tell me because it is impossible to fulfill that command in Ezekiel if you go by a solar based week. That is what it has to do with the crucifixion because you using the same logic on the crucifixion week.

Once again I tell you that I don't understand what you are saying. Once again it's my fault; not yours for not explaining very well.
I really should have remembered from my last encounter with you.

You haven't even properly explained your case, never mind proved it.
So I bid you good day.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,004,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't expect you to have an answer. It is impossible for you to answer that question with the failed logic of believing that they observed their feast days according to a solar weekday calendar.
You know not whereof you speak. Which poster do you think you are talking to? I said nothing about either "feast days" or " solar weekday calendar."
Here is my total point, all four gospels agree that Jesus was crucified on "Parasceue" which was the Greek name for the day we call Friday. "Parasceue" means "preparation." Nothing about any "feast day" or "solar weekday calendar" changes the calendar day "Parasceue." "Parasceue" will always precede the Sabbath. The modern Greek word for the day we call Friday is "Parasceue" just as it was in the time of Jesus,
I am fairly certain that in the time of Jesus they did not move the calendar days around to line up with certain phases of the moon.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,004,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No the Four Gospels agree that he was crucified on the Preparation day. No where does it say Friday. And that day was a Sunday when Jesus was Crucified.
Nonsense! The day was named "Parasceue"/preparation because that was the day of preparation for the Sabbath when no work including preparing and cooking food was prohibited so everything for the Sabbath was prepared on the day before the Sabbath.
Mark 15:42
(42) And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, [parasceue] that is, the day before the sabbath,

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Many make the mistake of thinking Friday was the crucifixion date based on the idea that Jesus was crucified on the 6th day of the week. It is true that Jesus was crucified on the 6th day of the week. But the week was based on a Lunar/Solar calendar and not a strict Solar calendar. Therefore, the 6th day of a Lunar week can fall on any day of the week. However, the crucifixion was on the 25th of March (Julian) in 31 AD. That day is a SUNDAY.

Others have claimed that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday because of either a mistake in thinking that Daniel 9 is applicable here or they are trying to get 3 days and 3 nights to work out to a Saturday/Sunday Resurrection.

This date of March 25th was not my own analysis but was also one of the earliest shared understandings of the dating of Jesus Crucifixion.

Now many will fret at that because they hold traditions on Friday for the crucifixion and the previous sunday as the Triumphant entry etc... It is not important to observe those events on the specific days they occurred. But knowing when they occurred IS important. It is important because only the Spring Feast days were fulfilled with yet the Fall Feast days to be fulfilled and they will happen still according to a knowledge of the original calendar as God appointed those times.

This is why you should question your traditions and how you can be deceived by them.

"Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy"

The Resurrection of Jesus was on a Sabbath Morning

Christ’s Resurrection Was Not on Sunday

The Jewish day begin at 6:00 p.m. (to 6:00 p.m.)
The Day Begins with Night - Jewish Theological Seminary

Even as a child I could never conceive how from Friday to Sunday was considered 3 days and 3 nights. His death was at the 9th hour according to who's calendar was it measured? The Roman's - even according to their calendar from 3:00 p.m. Friday 3 days and three nights it would be till 3:00 p.m. Monday.
The Roman churches allowed the Sunday worship/holiday of their god to be incorporated into Christianity. Then stuck the label on to it that Christ rose on a Sunday as a means to support it.

Nor did the Roman Church consider all The Jewish Sabbaths and which Sabbath is being spoken of in Scripture at the time of Christ's death, burial, and Resurrection.

You wrote the Crucifixion on the 25th of March 31 AD _ there are different people who believe different views using the same technique dating the crucifixion in between 28 AD and 33 AD anywhere between April 7th and March 25th
I listed two and they give two a different dates

Messiah's Crucifixion in April 31 AD - Time of Reckoning Ministry

April 3, AD 33: Why We Believe We Can Know the Exact Date Jesus Died - The Center for Biblical Studies

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Luke 23:54; “And that day was the preparation, and the Sabbath drew on.” - Passover fell on a special Thursday sabbath.

Matthew 12:40 But Jesus said, “For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”

He died on Wednesday. It wasn't a normal Saturday Sabbath, but a special high day due to Passover on Thursday, so He was off the cross and put in the grave by 6 PM before Passover. Three days later was Saturday evening around 6:00 PM.

That is impossible. The witnesses on the road to Emmaus prove that wrong. They were traveling on the 1st day of the week, our Sunday. They specifically say it was now the 3rd day since those events happened. Sunday day 3, Sabbath day 2 and Friday was the day those events occurred...

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, not in contradiction. I just don't believe that "Friday" was the preparation (at least not during the crucifixion). I'm not saying that Friday can't be the Preparation. It just wasn't at that time. The Lunar-Solar calendar can have a Preparation fall on any of the Solar weekdays. But in the Lunar cycle, the Preparation day is ALWAYS the 6th day of that lunar week. Whereas the 7th day is the Sabbath day.

Sabbaths are the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of each Lunar Month (New moon doesn't count in the weekly cycle).

We have been through this before. You were wrong then and you are wrong now. The 6th day (Friday) was ALWAYS the preparation for Shabbat. The lunar cycle is used for Rosh Chodesh not for the weekly Sabbath cycle.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes there is not way your could answer that question even if this thread was about Ezekiel 46:1 without realizing that it can only be concluded that they observed a lunar week.

You didn't ask a question.
This is not about Ezekiel 46:1 - which only says that the gate of the inner court was to be opened on the Sabbath.
If the first day of the week can be on any day, so can the sabbath. In other words, according to you, the sabbath is continually moving. Which makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not talking about "our" week. Talking about their week. Their first day could be any solar day.

Nope.

Jesus was risen on a Tuesday.

According to you.

But let's say that he was, and the first day of that week was what we now call Tuesday.
Count off seven days from Tuesday - I'll call them by the names that we now use to avoid confusion (though it might be too late for that).
Tuesday, first day of the week.
Wednesday, second day of the week
Thursday, third,
Friday, fourth
Saturday, fifth,
Sunday, sixth,
Monday, seventh.

Now do it again - and again.
The first day or the week will ALWAYS be a Tuesday. The only way it could change is if a week suddenly had 6 days in it, or 8.

You seem to think that the world was back then as it is now. Not the case.

No! Really?
Of course I realise the world has changed.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,004,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not arguing that the Preparation day was the day before the Sabbath. We are both in agreement there. So "nonsense" is not applicable.
Where we are in disagreement is that I don't believe that day always lands on Friday nor is the Sabbath always on Saturday.
Use some common sense for a moment (no sarcasm intended) and think about how many of the earliest Church historians proclaimed that the crucifixion occurred on the 8th of the Kalends of April (Julian date would be March 25th). They knew that the Jews always killed the passover during the full moon. You knew this right? Takes very little works to discover this. Now if you knew this then you have to go back and see which 25th of March in the period when Caiaphas, Tiberius, Herod, and Pilate were in office. You will land on 31 AD. Then look up which day of the week that is - SUNDAY. That is simple enough.
And we will continue to be in disagreement. We do not change scripture, which is always right, to line up with supposed "history" which could be wrong.
As I said the Bible says that Jesus was crucified on Parasceue, which means "preparation" which was and is the Greek name for Friday. That does not change.
Any Sabbath will always be exactly 7 days after the previous Sabbath it never changes around to align with phases of the moon etc. That is simple enough.
Instead of trying to make scripture line up with your "history" info. reverse it and make everything outside of scripture line up with the Bible.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟193,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It matters because we need to validate that Jesus was the Messiah and the year contributes in validating the alignment of the 70 weeks prophecy which relates to aligning sabbatical years and Jubilee years.
I must have missed the prophecy that states the Messiah will be crucified on a Sunday. It's rather odd to, for my Bible says Jesus died before the Sabbath, which is a Saturday.

Upvote 0