Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Strong in Him
@Der Alte

Since you don't believe the Jews observed a lunar calendar, did the Jews keep the gates open or closed when a Sabbath day fell on a new moon? And how do you support your answer from scripture?

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about.

How do you support, from Scripture, that the crucifixion was on a Sunday - a day that isn't even mentioned in Scripture?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,001,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Strong in Him
@Der Alte
Since you don't believe the Jews observed a lunar calendar, did the Jews keep the gates open or closed when a Sabbath day fell on a new moon? And how do you support your answer from scripture?
I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Do you? I quoted 5 vss. of scripture and defined one word in each vs.. The word "parasceue," which corresponds to our Friday. I said nothing about a lunar calendar.
Do you agree or disagree that Jesus was crucified on preparation day, which in Greek is "parasceue?" Then, as now, there was only one "parasceue" in any week.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It can be any day of the Solar week (Sunday through Saturday).

No, God rested on the 7th day of the week.
Genesis tells us there was a first day, a second day, a fourth day and so on.
On the seventh, God rested.
There is no indication that the days were moveable, so that the seventh day was a different day every week. The seventh day was the final day; then the cycle started again.

The Gospels say that the day after the sabbath was the first day of the week.
In Genesis, the Lord created light on the first day of the week.
In the Gospels the empty tomb was discovered on the first day or the week - the light of the world had risen and the darkness had not overcome it.

It was a Sunday when He was crucified.

Which you can't prove from Scripture.

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eze 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

So what did they do when the Sabbath day fell on a new moon? Of course this is not an issue in a Lunar based Sabbaths. Then tell me what happens when both fell on a work day.

Sorry, but this thread might as well be in another language.

You said we had to know the day of the crucifixion to validate that Jesus was the Messiah.
I replied that he said that he was and asked if you believed him; you replied that you wouldn't believed anyone unless they fulfilled certain criteria. But you won't tell me what they are.

We ask about Scripture; you go off at a tangent about Luna and sola calendars.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God rested on the 7th day of the week. The Sabbath can also be Sunday through Saturday. The 7th day of the Lunar week can be any day Sunday through Saturday. The Day after the Sabbath is the first day of the week. Nothing of what I said contradicts that.

So the seventh, and final, day of the week can be any day?
The first day of the week can be any day?

How do you manage at work; do you even have a weekend?
Or is that flexible too? Do you have it on a Wednesday/Thursday if you feel like it? When people say "thank goodness the week is nearly over," is yours just beginning?

As someone wisely said at the beginning of the thread, this is a waste of time.

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure I did, look at my last post to you. Now answer this question:

Eze 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Did the Jews open or the close the gates when the New Moon fell on a work day?

Haven't a clue.
And I have no idea what that has to do with the crucifixion - or anything, really.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first day of a Lunar week can be any day of the solar week and so can the 7th day.

Because it's nonsense.

The first day of our week is a Sunday - the day on which Jesus rose/the tomb was found to be empty.
For the world, the first day of the week is a Monday - the day after the weekend, when schools and businesses start up again. Working week; Mon - Fri.
It makes no sense for the first day of the week to be on a Tuesday one week, and a Friday the next.
The NAMES of the days of the week vary; their position in the week, doesn't.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,001,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree that Jesus was crucified on the preparation day which can be any day of the Solar week but always the 6th day of a lunar week.
And what I was referring to is this:
What did the Jews do when the new moon fell on a work week?
I don't see how that relates to anything I said.

Upvote 0