Creationism should not be taught in schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope! But gravity sure is proven to me. Very simple, what goes up must come down, unless it is a balloon with helium then it is going to resist gravity. I sure can stand on a sure thing like gravity and would agree that it makes sense that it is a law or principle. See, evolution is called the theory of evolution. I see theories as an observance of the abstract, especially the theory of relativity and evolution. My own opinion though is that einstein was brilliant but darwin was adventurous but sincerely wrong about his view of the natural world in regard to evolving from apes. In humans I really do not believe in survival of the fittest where compassion is concerned. If we all acted like animals we would see the hungry on the side of the street and would not love them as we love ourselves. I do not mean to sound like a bleeding heart liberal. My own beliefs swing toward the conservative side at the moment. I find the conservative mindset is closer to a biblical view at this moment. Anyhow, I do like laws and principals. How can I not like that which is solid knowledge, a place where I can put my feet where they will not slip. Evolution to me is like quicksand and I find creationism, though not necessarily popular scientifically, to be a great explanation for the origin of life.

I think that a man who truly has eyes to see and ears to hear and has integrity and diligence would make a great scientist. On the other hand others have ears and eyes and a brain but the things they see register with a faulty mindset. This brings about perceived errors, haughtiness, arrogance, and just a plain bitter countenance to those who oppose them.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My girlfriend and I often talk about this: When we get married and in the case that we have any children, we are going to monitor what they are learning in school. I do not know if going to a private school is necessary but I would not want my child exposed to error unless they had a good biblical mindset. I am told in the word, raise your children in the way they ought to go, and when they are older they will not stray from it. Though my girlfriend tends toward retreating in the case of a weak and fragile mind of a child, my view is to have them learn what is right and face adversity. She and I are very strong in our faith, but I am one who seems to put feet and hands under my faith when it comes to opposition. I certainly would be a monster, if I did not seek to protect a child from error or harm. And the extreme of this is that I vehemently stand against abortion, perversion, and immorality. Though not perfect myself, for I lead a stressful life in my line of work, I still do not shy away from adversity but dive in and swim against the tide if need be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonbeliever314

....grinding teeth.
Mar 11, 2015
✟8,292.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Gravity is far, far more complex than evolution is. It is not a simple thing at all. Gravity is a very complicated thing for anyone to wrap their head around. And I'd like to add, evolution doesn't explain the origin of life. No one knows how life started, but no one knew what gravity was either, but eventually science discovered the answer.

Upvote 0

nonbeliever314

....grinding teeth.
Mar 11, 2015
✟8,292.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And the extreme of this is that I vehemently stand against abortion, perversion, and immorality. Though not perfect myself, for I lead a stressful life in my line of work, I still do not shy away from adversity but dive in and swim against the tide if need be.

What is morality in your opinion/view?

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unintentional comedy gold

Glad to see that you noticed it was intentional. I have to admit, it is quite ironic. :thumbsup:

I meant to say that I would not want them exposed to wrong ways of thinking unless they had a firm grasp of truth.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,778.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm closing this thread. This is not a debate forum, it is a proposal forum. The original poster is welcome to start a new proposal thread and let's keep it on topic for this forum; as per this: Formal Debate Proposals Guidelines

If you need help or advice, send me a private message.

Mark
CF Admin:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.