✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke in John 3:

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
Jesus died for every person. Further, Jesus died to redeem the physical creation. Rom 8:

19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
Both people and creation will be renewed on the last day.

1 Peter 3:

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
1 John 2:

2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Hebrews 10:

10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Romans 6:

10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.
2 Corinthians 5:

15 And he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
Jesus died for everyone but not everyone will believe. Mat 26:

26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28for this is my blood of thec covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
Only those who believe will participate in the communion and enter the kingdom of God.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus spoke in John 3:

Jesus died for every person. Further, Jesus died to redeem the physical creation. Rom 8:

1 Peter 3:

1 John 2:

Hebrews 10:

Romans 6:

2 Corinthians 5:

Only those who believe will participate in the communion and enter the kingdom of God.
1 John 2:2 distinguishes The Saved and The Damned! Ug! How could I have forgotten this one! All Love in Jesus to You, Tony!

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus spoke in John 3:

1 Peter 3:

1 John 2:

Hebrews 10:

Romans 6:

2 Corinthians 5:

Oh My Goodness... This theologically ends the "Pas" debate! It shows the author of John 3:16's intent in specifying "Kosmou(s)". This is the same author, now fully distinguishing its meaning, Just incase the entire context of John chapter 3 is accidently missed.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,745,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke in John 3:
Is it possible that kosmos here could have a different meaning than “everyone who has ever lived”, especially considering that John uses kosmos at least 8 different ways?

1 Peter 3:

1 John 2:

Hebrews 10:

Romans 6:

2 Corinthians 5:

Is it possible, grammatically, that in any of these examples, pas could mean all types, as opposed to all without exception?

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟93,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it possible that kosmos here could have a different meaning than “everyone who has ever lived”, especially considering that John uses kosmos at least 8 different ways?

Is it possible, grammatically, that in any of these examples, pas could mean all types, as opposed to all without exception?
1 John 2:2 He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world.

Forensically, this is the Author of John 3:16.

In 1 Jn 2:2 He specifies two groups.... Though I, myself do not adopt the doctrine of Election, this is the Biblical answer to this question.

Per the Election doctrine 1 Jn 2:2 would read as follows.

He, Himself is the Propitiation for the Elect's sins, and not only for the Elect's sins, but also for the Reprobate.
1 Jn 2:2 is the Forensic Theological key to this age old argument. IMO

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,745,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟731,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus spoke in John 3:

1 Peter 3:

1 John 2:

Hebrews 10:

Romans 6:

2 Corinthians 5:

There is 1,000 years spent in heaven ... then the 2nd resurrection of the lost occurs ... sometime after God destroys everything .... THEN He recreates the new heavens and earth.

Upvote 0