• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Continued prayer and

tobethebest

Veteran
Mar 5, 2008
✟16,083.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife is 56. She has had fibromyalgia for many years and the control of prescribed, necessary medications, is difficult to say the least. There is never a time when the scripts last out the month. That being said, a few days ago she was spending time on making the house shine. That went on for weeks. She creates such beautiful things around the house and I love her for it. Her garden outside has folks in awe.

Saturday she was cleaning the kitchen and she slipped on the floor and fell hard on the tile. She didn't want to go anywhere to see anyone since her meds were up for the month and she wouldn't have any pain medication to carry her through the ordeal.

I managed to convince her to go to the emergency room nearest to her doctor, when we noticed her left wrist had swollen up badly. After five and a half hours, we were informed she had a compound fracture. They did all kinds of scans; full body, brain, wrist....and splinted up the arm. Luckily for her the doctor thought it necessary to inject her twice.

The next day I talked her into seeing her pain doctor as a follow-up at the emergency room. The result, she was given a script which isn't prescribed often enough. It works very well. We only wish it were something she could take monthly. Of course, that is not the way of the corporate pill police in our neck of the woods. We do not like Walgreens or CVS because of their practices of making patients feel like junkies. We have since located a pharmacist who works outside of those corporate circles and treats us well. We don't like the fact that CVS and Walgreens refuse chronic pain patients their right to a normal existence and many times, we are sure, their only recourse is to walk into the liquor store attached to the store. It is all a racket, pure and simple. They are encouraging alcoholism in our eyes.

I might add since this is a Christian forum that I dearly love my wife and together we pray everyday for continued good health. We love the Lord so much. He is our Father and our source of all good things. In times of desperation we call on Him and at times of comfort we thank Him for those periods of relief. All our love to everyone.

Last edited:

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟421,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The drugees have made life hard for us chronic pain sufferers. I'm in chronic pain, and I've know the other type of pain pill takers as well, and I've worked with police departments to educate the community on such matters. Marijuana and cocaine aren't the biggest items used by high school students anymore, it's stolen or black market pain pills. And I agree to prosecute such criminals to the maximum extent of the law.

Another problem with CVS and Walgreens is they are allotted only so many pain pills a much by the Drug Enforcement Agency. Once they are out, they have nothing for the rest of the month.

Upvote 0

christopher morgan

May 9, 2015
melbourne
✟15,236.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi tobethebest, I am sorry to hear about your wife's suffering and the trouble with medication availability over there. I am in Australia and I have to go on opioid medication permanently now for years of chronic head pain from a neck injury from an over-manipulation by an osteopath. Here we are just assessed regarding the chronic nature and cause and ongoing outlook. I hope I have no trouble. But all medications are temporary at best.

But as my neck is deteriorating, unable to earn a living anymore with no hope of recovery I turn mostly to Our Lord and prayer now. I have to say that nothing has helped me as much as giving my life into Our Lord's hands more completely. Accepting the physical reality is hard but our body is just a vessel for our spirit and we must encourage other Christians to remember our faith and our spiritual life is the real purpose of our being here on earth. We must prepare to be in Our Lord's presence when we are called on so save up treasures for heaven. So keep loving your wife, be kind, forgiving, compassionate etc. and may you both receive good help with those medications but most of all I pray that the grace of Our Lord is with you both always, christopher :wave:

Upvote 0