Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure about 'companion' exactly. My sister has an herb garden and the herb we have that will never ever fail is lemon balm. The chocolate mint and the orange mint tangled together. The sage did well. The catnip was doing okay until the cats found it. XD The parsley, I think it was, didn't do well and she wasn't going to replant that.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh I finally hit your profile and noticed your in Texas. I think you'd have good luck with a lot of herbs based on your gardening zone. I'm in NY and we can't grow some herbs up here.

Do you have herbs in mind you wanted to plant?

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh I finally hit your profile and noticed your in Texas. I think you'd have good luck with a lot of herbs based on your gardening zone. I'm in NY and we can't grow some herbs up here.

Do you have herbs in mind you wanted to plant?

I do already have a few planted in separate pots -- sage and rosemary that I picked up in two-inch pots at the garden store. I also have dill and fennel coming up from seeds. Most directions say plant in full sun. Well, full sun here in summer is 100 degrees give or take, with little rain. So I've created a spot by a fence with some tree shade in the afternoon but lots of morning sun.

I ordered a 10-pack of heirloom seeds. Parsley, basil, cilantro, oregano, chives -- I'm familiar with those and have grown most of them before. Dill (didn't need more of it, don't know what to do with it besides pickling, which I don't do), mint (doesn't specify what kind but I guess I'll find out). Russian tarragon, sweet marjoram, English Thyme -- I've never grown these. One site did say to plant dill with cilantro, but not with something else, which escapes me at the moment. Said they'd cross polinate and not taste right.

I've been doing a little reading online about which likes which or doesn't like and came up with opposing views at times. ;) The pot is big and wide, so could probably hold 5-6 different herbs.

Upvote 0