Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I like the feet one as well, simply because it is a pen and ink drawing with a variety of textures and shading. I appreciate that you like the perspective for that one - it took me forever to get that right for that image :) .

Here is another pen and ink drawing:

this is not me lady image.png

I tend to like that medium as long as I'm careful to avoid blotches.

I only had a half a year of formal instruction in a private studio and the master used to draw right over my works to correct them when something was off. That’s the right way to teach.
I only have a community college level drawing class that I took over the summer. I should review my notes on perspective and other art details from that class, that might help improve my forms up there.
This is why thousands graduate from art schools every year in debt and not even knowing how to mix colors properly.
I can't say I'm interested in painting at the moment, more into digital art. The top ones in my previous post I may look into developing with digital color, but I'm kind of applying the idea Rob Graves said when he was talking about music - if your art doesn't exist at sketch level, it isn't there, and no amount of electronic bells and whistles will mask your incompetence.

IMG_1782.JPG

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am wondering what the message of this piece us?
The fish are people in the picture. Naturally, the fish are sick and have holes that allow Satan to get his hooks into them. The fish that are on the crosses are being fed by their heavenly Father, while the sick fish are swimming about looking for satisfaction and are enticed by Satan's lures, hurting themselves more.

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I need to stop drawing sketches on church bulletins.

IMG_0174.JPEG

IMG_0175_cr.jpg

IMG_0188_cr.jpg
IMG_0185_cr.jpg

IMG_0187_cr.jpg

IMG_0192_cr.jpg

IMG_0194_cr.jpg

In my defense, some of these pictures were connected to the sermon I was listening to, but still, say a prayer for me lol.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟884,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to stop drawing sketches on church bulletins.

View attachment 340298

View attachment 340300
View attachment 340304View attachment 340302
View attachment 340303

View attachment 340306
View attachment 340307
In my defense, some of these pictures were connected to the sermon I was listening to, but still, say a prayer for me lol.
I think it is possible to listen while drawing. And I have seen several live art demonstrations during a sermon which fit the theme, and the art was then given to the church.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
IMG_0218.jpeg

Apparently I do my best art when listening to people talking. Time to break out the boring programming tutorials and use listening to them to make more art.

Maybe some online sermons would be good inspirational background noise as well.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Comments and criticism appreciated. (Though I would understand if not, my drawing prof said that wasn't the point of art and reprimanded me for offering my thoughts on my fellow students' pieces. Let's just say I won't be criticizing your work in the slightest since you all outclass me, but you are welcome to criticize me because I consider that helpful.)

View attachment 339927

View attachment 339928

View attachment 339929

These are some older works of mine which I think are more developed:

View attachment 339930

View attachment 339931

-

“From the age of 6 I had a mania for drawing the shapes of things. When I was 50 I had published a universe of designs. But all I have done before the the age of 70 is not worth bothering with. At 75 I'll have learned something of the pattern of nature, of animals, of plants, of trees, birds, fish and insects. When I am 80 you will see real progress. At 90 I shall have cut my way deeply into the mystery of life itself. At 100, I shall be a marvelous artist. At 110, everything I create; a dot, a line, will jump to life as never before. To all of you who are going to live as long as I do, I promise to keep my word. I am writing this in my old age. I used to call myself Hokusai, but today I sign my self 'The Old Man Mad About Drawing.”

― Hokusai Katsushika

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟884,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 340525
Apparently I do my best art when listening to people talking. Time to break out the boring programming tutorials and use listening to them to make more art.

Maybe some online sermons would be good inspirational background noise as well.
I frequently listen to theological discussion and such while painting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟884,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

Has any one watched this program, i came across this on youtube. But it looks like it is a tv program somewhere, i think Sky Arts put this on.

I just came across its counterpart, the Potrait Artist of the Year recently. Looks interesting, but haven't watched it through yet.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟884,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟884,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caught It By Its Beard.jpg

1 Samuel 17:32-37
32 Then David said to Saul, “Let no man’s heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine.”
33 And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.”
34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock, 35 I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it. 36 Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.” 37 Moreover David said, “The LORD, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” (NKJV)

Remembering how the Lord helped in the past strengthens our faith today.

(Commentators note that the beard in this case refers poetically to the neck. I would think it would be a bit daunting to grab a lion by the neck!)

By the Ulai.png

Daniel 8:1-8
1 In the third year of the reign of King Belshazzar a vision appeared to me—to me, Daniel—after the one that appeared to me the first time. 2 I saw in the vision, and it so happened while I was looking, that I was in Shushan, the citadel, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in the vision that I was by the River Ulai. 3 Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a ram which had two horns, and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last. 4 I saw the ram pushing westward, northward, and southward, so that no animal could withstand him; nor was there any that could deliver from his hand, but he did according to his will and became great.
5 And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes. 6 Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power. 7 And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns. There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.
8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. (NKJV)

Daniel 8:20-22
20 The ram which you saw, having the two horns—they are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king. 22 As for the broken horn and the four that stood up in its place, four kingdoms shall arise out of that nation, but not with its power. (NKJV)

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟3,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This thread is really cool! I like the concept of everyone sharing his or her art with each other. Love seeing the talent!
Here's some anime art of mine done in ink and alcohol markers. She is a character of mine named Vanille who works in a French cafe, and she is holding a pretty, glass jar filled with pastel-hued macarons.:sparkles::sparklingheart::sparkles:
Vanille's Pastel Macarons 300 dpi_3 restored (2) (2) (1) (1) (2) (1).png

Upvote 0