Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy drawing and painting horses. I used charcoal to sketch this study of a Friesian

Very pretty, and good use of values. My understanding is they are sought after horses, do you do much research into the breeds?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
My second casein painting, not photographed that well, as it was photographed under artificial light. But it gives at least a picture to view.

That is a good result, and it looks like a lot of your style still comes through in that medium. So what was your experience like on this one?

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟193,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very pretty, and good use of values. My understanding is they are sought after horses, do you do much research into the breeds?
Thanks. I do a little research when I draw different breeds. I like to have a lot of reference photos to study. I thought the curly black hair of the Friesian would be fun to draw. My favorite breed is the Arabian.

• Informative
Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is a good result, and it looks like a lot of your style still comes through in that medium. So what was your experience like on this one?

Thank you.

It does but i think i have gotten to now, where it can not help but to have my style. Unless i purposely try to do something different. Here is a small study for a larger Casein painting of the same landscape. Think i may start tonight.

The big difference from Casein than Oil is the drying time Oil is slow and this Casein is fast. But i do like that Casein can be painted over without having to worry about the previous applied paint being lifted up.

Small Landscape Casein Painting.jpg

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

It does but i think i have gotten to now, where it can not help but to have my style. Unless i purposely try to do something different. Here is a small study for a larger Casein painting of the same landscape. Think i may start tonight.

The big difference from Casein than Oil is the drying time Oil is slow and this Casein is fast. But i do like that Casein can be painted over without having to worry about the previous applied paint being lifted up.

That might be something to try out then, for those times when you want opaque tones, but not the re-activation of gouache.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very nice. I find it is difficult to draw folds. Is that a digital piece?
Yes, I drew it mostly on a Nintendo 3d's on colors 3d.

Then I finished it in the android version. There are youtube videos that discuss types of folds, and the type of fabric changes the properties, with thinner fabric being more clingy and thicker having a bit more stiffness and more gradually folding.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The field on the right looks well developed in this version!

Yes, i the smaller study one, i did not need to do much color modeling. Just wanted a few colors to see if the scene/composition had possibilities

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟894,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Some come together quickly like that one, which took less than an hour and seemed to go right. Then others take hours and hours and are a struggle!

This one from yesterday was the struggle type, but came out ok eventually:
hairstyle_2.png

Upvote 0