KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Internet connection is SO slow due to the download limit being used up for the month. I share Wireless Internet Broadband with two others that board with me. So, it took a couple of hours to download as much as I could get before I ran out of patience.

Alright, I managed to watch much of it, certainly enough to get the gist of the theme concerning the Muslim nations desirous of taking over the world. There was also a bit about homosexuality before impatience - waiting for the rest to download at snail's pace - got the better of me. What I DID see was most interesting.

However, what is the purpose of your OP? Where IS this place where Christians and 'gays' SHOULD seek common ground? Surely you're not suggesting that Christians and homosexuals don't ALREADY share common ground in regard to their abhorrence toward terrorism ...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paging Polycarp_fan. Are you just going to allow this thread to sink into oblivion without giving us a reason as to why you initiated it?

Obviously, it will be a slam against homosexuals but I'm wondering how.

Actually KID, it was rejecting the harming of homosexuals. I oppose everything about gay culture except the people that live it. This thread was about opposing violence.

Upvote 0

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually KID, it was rejecting the harming of homosexuals. I oppose everything about gay culture except the people that live it. This thread was about opposing violence.

Polycarp_fan,

How darn you show your love for someone, and after they judged you. (sarcasm)

How come when I watched the video I knew right away what you were saying, but..............................?

So sad to see what was shown on the video, and to think that that isn't but a drop in the bucket to what has been done in the name of allah. Or what they want to do in the name of allah.

Praying. :prayer:

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Really? Um ...you're kidding . . .right? That should be obvious without your having to initiate a thread opposing violence.

Actually, I must be pretty well sheltered in the area where I live (Townsville, Australia) because I hear virtually NOTHING here in regard to the so-called 'gay culture'. Townsville is widely regarded as the capital of North Queensland and is also the site of the JCU (James Cook University) which, I know, has quite a few 'gay' students in attendance. The population of Townsville is 105,000 residents, give or take. I DO recall a bit of publicity several years ago when one of the four Uniting Churches in the area chose to accept 'gay' membership into its ranks; however, I haven't heard anything since.

So, when I say "any conspiracy or any infiltration within the churches by the homosexual population re their so-called 'gay agenda' is a rather moot point here", I really mean it. Unless some evidence can be presented that 'this' is going on elsewhere in the churches of the world then I would suggest, Polycarp_fan, that you're suffering from *delusional paranoia. Would you be willing to admit that this COULD be the case?

You ARE very highly charged on the issue of homosexuality ...probably considerably more than is healthy.

* delusion: 2. Psychiatry. a belief held in the face of evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason.

* paranoia. 3. Informal. intense fear or suspicion, fear of persecution, esp. when unfounded

Provide some proof of your claims, Polycarp_fan. And, I'm not talking about base and immoral street behavior that is 'sexual orientation neutral'.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Chalice_Thunder,
I won't view this anyway - because you imply that Christians and gays are somehow different, and cannot be one in the same, which is in error.
They have to be, that’s the whole point. if someone is a Christian there is no distinction, Colossians 3, Galatians 3, their identity is in Christ, their old life is dead their new life in Christ. If they are gay their identity is in their sexual desires. Christians may still have same sex desires and attractions, but their identity is in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

ChaliceThunder

To Chalice_Thunder,
They have to be, that’s the whole point. if someone is a Christian there is no distinction, Colossians 3, Galatians 3, their identity is in Christ, their old life is dead their new life in Christ. If they are gay their identity is in their sexual desires. Christians may still have same sex desires and attractions, but their identity is in Christ.

I see.

Thank you for coming out of the closet as a non-heterosexual.

Reactions: Zecryphon
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? Um ...you're kidding . . .right? That should be obvious without your having to initiate a thread opposing violence.

I felt compelled. It's horrible seeing people murdered.

Actually, I must be pretty well sheltered in the area where I live (Townsville, Australia) because I hear virtually NOTHING here in regard to the so-called 'gay culture'.

And yet you show that there is gay culture. Coming up:

Townsville is widely regarded as the capital of North Queensland and is also the site of the JCU (James Cook University) which, I know, has quite a few 'gay' students in attendance.

One cannot know anything about another person until they show you or tell you. In the case of gays its all about their culture.

The population of Townsville is 105,000 residents, give or take. I DO recall a bit of publicity several years ago when one of the four Uniting Churches in the area chose to accept 'gay' membership into its ranks; however, I haven't heard anything since.

Hmm, why was it "news" I wonder.

So, when I say "any conspiracy or any infiltration within the churches by the homosexual population re their so-called 'gay agenda' is a rather moot point here", I really mean it.

Some Christians are trying to tolerate gays and lesbians. They will learn the same lesson as the Church did centuries ago. The two do not mix.

Unless some evidence can be presented that 'this' is going on elsewhere in the churches of the world then I would suggest, Polycarp_fan, that you're suffering from *delusional paranoia. Would you be willing to admit that this COULD be the case?

Gay debate tactic of ad hom noted. Rid yourself of the self-loathing gay guy I see.

You ARE very highly charged on the issue of homosexuality ...probably considerably more than is healthy.

This gay plague on the Church is quite large. Umm, all over the world I see. Unless you are not realy in Australia and are posting from a location on Folsom street SF.

* delusion: 2. Psychiatry. a belief held in the face of evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason.
* paranoia. 3. Informal. intense fear or suspicion, fear of persecution, esp. when unfounded

Let's see, homosexuality was sued out of the DSM and now you are inserting Christians into it. I know why.

Provide some proof of your claims, Polycarp_fan. And, I'm not talking about base and immoral street behavior that is 'sexual orientation neutral'.

Soulforce.

End of your false accusations.

Next?

Reactions: Texas Lynn
Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Practically, when some right-wing Christians have had opportunities to oppose violence against LGBTs they have failed to do so. Examples include antibullying programs they have opposed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Practically, when right-wing Christians have had opportunities to oppose violence against LGBTs they have failed to do so. Examples include antibullying programs they have opposed.

Welcome back, Texas Lynn ...have been wondering where you got to. :)

Check out the "Where Is Everyone ...?" thread.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KCKID said:
[/I felt compelled. It's horrible seeing people murdered.

??? What an unbelievably OBVIOUS thing to say. And this was your reason for initiating the thread ...? Methinks you're toying with people here.

KCKID said:
Actually, I must be pretty well sheltered in the area where I live (Townsville, Australia) because I hear virtually NOTHING here in regard to the so-called 'gay culture'.
And yet you show that there is gay culture. Coming up:
KCKID said:
Townsville is widely regarded as the capital of North Queensland and is also the site of the JCU (James Cook University) which, I know, has quite a few 'gay' students in attendance.
Polycarp_fan said:
One cannot know anything about another person until they show you or tell you. In the case of gays its all about their culture.

You seem to have a one-track mind, Polycarp_fan. At the JCU - as with other universities throughout the world - homosexuality is not a taboo subject. It is freely discussed within various branches of discipline (Psychology, Sociology, Social Science, etc.) and is regarded as a non-issue by the majority of students and teachers alike. It has nothing to do with a specific 'culture' or 'agenda'.

KCKID said:
The population of Townsville is 105,000 residents, give or take. I DO recall a bit of publicity several years ago when one of the four Uniting Churches in the area chose to accept 'gay' membership into its ranks; however, I haven't heard anything since.
Hmm, why was it "news" I wonder.
The usual Christian bigots doing 'their thing', I guess.
KCKID said:
So, when I say "any conspiracy or any infiltration within the churches by the homosexual population re their so-called 'gay agenda' is a rather moot point here", I really mean it.
Some Christians are trying to tolerate gays and lesbians. They will learn the same lesson as the Church did centuries ago. The two do not mix.

Well, we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Are you aware that IN THE MINDS OF MANY black and white don't mix?
KCKID said:
Unless some evidence can be presented that 'this' is going on elsewhere in the churches of the world then I would suggest, Polycarp_fan, that you're suffering from *delusional paranoia. Would you be willing to admit that this COULD be the case?
Gay debate tactic of ad hom noted. Rid yourself of the self-loathing gay guy I see.

Well, you DO exhibit similar symptoms.
KCKID said:
This gay plague on the Church is quite large. Umm, all over the world I see. Unless you are not realy in Australia and are posting from a location on Folsom street SF.
Too ridiculous to respond to.

KCKID said:
KCKID said:

Yep. They are the symptoms.
Let's see, homosexuality was sued out of the DSM and now you are inserting Christians into it. I know why.

I don't know what you mean so I'll pass on that one.
KCKID said:

[/Soulforce.
I don't know what that is.
End of your false accusations.
What accusations - false or otherwise - did I make ...? :confused:
Oh, that's nice. You're giving me the last word. Alright. Here we go. Polycarp_fan, it's none of your business as to why ANYONE chooses to attend a church of their choice. If anything, rejoice in the fact that they are there. Church should be available to ALL and NO ONE should have to ask your permission to attend whether you approve of them or not. So, butt out, mind your own business, and tend to the log in your own eye!

Hey, what do you know, that's even scriptural!

Upvote 0