North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, but no need for man to complicate a simple message found in scripture either
this is how all is complicated, i advise leaving the forum and doing it, instead of disputing to my last testimony to all.......

1 John 3.18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Merry Christmas!

Psalm 6926 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

Ecclesiastes 7.2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

Isaiah 53:3
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

James 4:9
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 6926 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

Ecclesiastes 7.2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

Isaiah 53:3
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

John 12:25
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

James 4:9
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Since there is a time for both joy and sorrow, I'll let my joy be in the Lord and my sorrow and mourning be over my shortcomings...

Since there is a time for feasting and a time for fasting I'll let my feasting be in the Lord and my fasting be at a time I'm not glorifying my Lord and Savior for His Work that led to my salvation.

Merry Christmas to you...

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since there is a time for both joy and sorrow, I'll let my joy be in the Lord and my sorrow and mourning be over my shortcomings...

Since there is a time for feasting and a time for fasting I'll let my feasting be in the Lord and my fasting be at a time I'm not glorifying my Lord and Savior for His Work that led to my salvation.
time to hate our life or continue loving our own selves...[shortcomings]

Luke 14.26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

2 Timothy 3.1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

1 Peter 3.10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

• Useful
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
merry Christmas to these..

Luke 6:21
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

woe to these..

Luke 6.24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
merry Christmas to these..

Luke 6:21
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

woe to these..

Luke 6.24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Well I am watching a movie about the birth of Christ today, listening to the pastor tomorrow and having a ham dinner (a treat for us to have) on Monday...

If you think you can judge evil of me for wishing others a merry Christmas and sharing my joy in my Lord and Savior then feel free to judge me as evil as you like.

As for me I'm just thankful to have been saved and ever so grateful to know God in this way that I choose to share that with others...

Where my head is facing when I pray cannot be seen in a simple wish of good tiding..

• Friendly
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Happy Christmas... "I’ve noticed this too about the great movers of history, the navigators and ships’ crews commanded by all the great explorers, the generals of the great emperors. They were teenagers."

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
In the Catholic section of course. If you wait two weeks then the Orthodox section would be appropriate. You know that's about the difference between the Gregorian calendar and the Julian calendar. Maybe the Lutherans and other traditional Christians want some of the action and that would be OK too.
Some Orthodox celebrate Christmas on the 25th. I think the Russian Church celebrates it on the sixth. The difference in calendar is actually really fascinating.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
-
Following Christ saves no one, there is not a single verse that states a person receives God free gift of Eternal life because they follow Jesus. It is belief in Jesus that gives that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life. Believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The promised Messiah/Son of God.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
What is the difference between following Jesus and believing in Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,808.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some Orthodox celebrate Christmas on the 25th. I think the Russian Church celebrates it on the sixth. The difference in calendar is actually really fascinating.

Politics... weaponizing Christmas

"With the exception of Russia and Serbia, most countries with majority Orthodox Christian populations observe Christmas on Dec. 25. Because the Russian Orthodox Church still uses the Julian calendar, used by the Russian Empire for several centuries, the Orthodox Church of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Greek Catholics decided to switch to the newer Gregorian calendar in an effort to distance themselves from Moscow. The change initiated by Mr. Zelensky serves to place a firewall between Ukrainian believers and the Russian Orthodox Church and its leaders, who’ve backed the Kremlin’s invasion. One could argue it also puts Ukraine more in sync with neighbouring EU countries such as Poland, where the birth of Christ is observed on Dec. 25."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Politics... weaponizing Christmas

"With the exception of Russia and Serbia, most countries with majority Orthodox Christian populations observe Christmas on Dec. 25. Because the Russian Orthodox Church still uses the Julian calendar, used by the Russian Empire for several centuries, the Orthodox Church of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Greek Catholics decided to switch to the newer Gregorian calendar in an effort to distance themselves from Moscow. The change initiated by Mr. Zelensky serves to place a firewall between Ukrainian believers and the Russian Orthodox Church and its leaders, who’ve backed the Kremlin’s invasion. One could argue it also puts Ukraine more in sync with neighbouring EU countries such as Poland, where the birth of Christ is observed on Dec. 25."
Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Believing in Jesus for Eternal Life salvation is a one time act of belief. Now the person who believes in Jesus may believe their whole life or they may not, but it is the initial moment in time belief, that the person becomes a permanent born again child of God. Believing in Jesus is only something a believer can do.

Following Jesus is something believers and non believers can do and can last for a month or years or even a life time. A person may be a committed church attendee and Jesus follower, but yet still not have believed in Jesus for Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Believing in Jesus for Eternal Life salvation is a one time act of belief. Now the person who believes in Jesus may believe their whole life or they may not, but it is the initial moment in time belief, that the person becomes a permanent born again child of God. Believing in Jesus is only something a believer can do.

Following Jesus is something believers and non believers can do and can last for a month or years or even a life time. A person may be a committed church attendee and Jesus follower, but yet still not have believed in Jesus for Eternal Life.
Ok.

I do not accept OSAS since people can backslide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟256,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
-
Then you must not believe it is belief in Jesus that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life.
Yes, I believe Jesus gives God's free gift of Eternal life.

Next question, please?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,257,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think it's one of those 'distinctions without a difference' kind of things.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I believe Jesus gives God's free gift of Eternal life.

Next question, please?
-
So there must be a, but God is an Indian giver (will take back His free gift of Eternal Life) if you believe a person can become unborn again.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

you see scripture is not with you there, nor even peoples own reasoning.

if one is born again, it is told what occurs, that old passes away, all becomes new, they are risen new with Christ, they glorify Him in showing and bearing in their body His death, likewise they blaspheme God if they begin to drink with the drunken, and choose the cares of this life over Jesus Christ. ( hence blessed is the servant that does faithfully, but woe to the one who does not continue.

Also, if charity is not put on in belief of Jesus Christ, the person never believed all these testimonies in the first place, as charity believes all things, hopes all things, bears all things, I think it is clearer now.

IF YOU CAN BELIEVE ALL THIGNS JESUS SAID, AND CHARITY DOES BELIEVE ALL THINGS.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Matthew 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Upvote 0