Baby, manger, unattractive,
While with Santa they’re distracted,
All about the fun, adventure,
While the Spirit some do censure.
If Christ you do want to worship,
Sacrifice to Him must stir up,
Give your life to Him, obey Him,
Holy living now will praise Him.
The traditional meaningless annual anti-Christmas diatribe. Christians are not responsible for how Christmas and other Christian practices have been misappropriated and perverted by secular society. Most of what you list is not now and has never been part of any Christian Christmas service.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The traditional meaningless annual anti-Christmas diatribe. Christians are not responsible for how Christmas and other Christian practices have been misappropriated and perverted by secular society. Most of what you list is not now and has never been part of any Christian Christmas service.
I am waiting for my advent Devotional book to arrive. Although there are many online, and in print, I tend to look for something new and exciting each Christmas season as we prepare for the spiritual coming of Jesus through the Christmas celebration . It is my favorite time of the year

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟637,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, Jesus was born of a virgin, in a manger, in Bethlehem.
But He got the gifts not everyone else.
It seems you miss the message of the Incarnation entirely.
" For God so loved the world that He gave.."

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Saltyjames

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
✟15,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I said Christmas was unbiblical, not being "born of a virgin, in a manger, in Bethlehem".
If you want to reply with nonsense, then I will only reply to so many of your comments.

Wow?
Surely this isn't the first time you've heard of a biblically knowledgeable person disagreeing with Christmas.
Christmas is totally corny and thoroughly unbiblical.
It has literally nothing to do with the gospel, or christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Surely this isn't the first time you've heard of a biblically knowledgeable person disagreeing with Christmas.
They're usually people who are woefully ignorant of both Scripture and history.
Christmas is totally corny and thoroughly unbiblical.
Sure, just like the nincompoop on Youtube who tells "the real story of Christmas", said, right?
It has literally nothing to do with the gospel, or christianity.
Yeah, the birth of our Savior, Who is also God Incarnate, is no big deal, and has nothing to do with either the Gospel or Christianity. And I'm sure you have Old Testement verses to prove it, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Incarnation? That's some Catholic thing, innit? Brother Billy never mentioned that at all.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christmas’s right around the corner,
Comes from idol worship former,
Instills idol worship further,
Yet from many, not a murmur.
If that's all you know about Christmas, matey, I think you might want to consider a church where they have at least a 101 level grasp of the ultimate important of our Lord's Advent.

But for now, just join with the millions of unbelievers who regard Christmas as simply "the winter holiday", an excuse for a party. Nothing to see there. No reason to "come, all ye faithful";just stay home and wait for it to blow over.

Same for Easter. The Resurrection was no big deal. Ignore it like most folks do, or go to a Passover seder. Either way, no need to muddy the waters talking about Christ. It's all pagan, you see.

BTW,re poetry, don't quit your day job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every Year, we get some Biblian who preaches that Christmas is wrong for some reason....What they never learned was the following, which is my response
1 Your Beliefs dictate how YOU worship, not how I worship
2 Your interpretation of the Bible, or any book for that matter , does not apply to me.

Some people mistakenly think that they have some right to choose how others celebrate holidays such as Christmas. This is a testament that their ignorance is not just of the Bible, but of life in general,

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
about Christians who can't stand it (Dec 25th celebrations)
The same Christians, I notice, who forbid the worship of Christ on dates that they deem pagan, as though long-dead pagans and/or their imaginary gods held title deed to specific bits of the calendar. They also specifically forbid the organized worship of our Lord on the the dates that the Western Church has set aside to observe His Advent and His Resurrection. They insist that Christians must not celebrate the two most important events since the Creation of the universe, and instead join with the Christ-denying Jews the observance of Old Covenents that merely foreshadowed the actual coming of our sovereign Lord.

I would respectfully suggest to these folks that they go soak their heads.
it could mean people who encourage undiscerning Christians to participate, (satanists)
So all those folks who head to the churches to worship Christ on Christmas day are Satanists,right? Now there's a fresh take on old rubbish!

- the Spirit some do centure (they don't approve of following Jesus and knowingly place things like "Dec. 25th" in their life to get evil spirits and sin into their life.
But wait, our Orthodox brethren observe our Lord's birth and resurrection on different dates than we in western traditons do. Do those dates belong to ancient pagans and their phony gods as well? Is there any safe time to worship Christ? After all, every day in the week is named after a pagan "deity".
It speaks of the sinister element of "the Dec. 25th celebrations"
Looks like your lot are ready to hand the keys over to Satan and turn out the lights. I think I'll just continue to pay no attention to the ignorant beliefs of people people long dead, and to mock Satan as the defeated foe that he knows himself to be, and worship Christ when and where I see fit. A fig for those who let Nick order their lives and say when and where they can worship Christ. A bushel of moldy figs for Nick himself," for lo, his doom is sure, One little word shall fell him." He has no authority to interfere in ourlives at all.

and is placed well in the poem, while meaning two things at the same time in a beautiful way.
The silly poem was a lot of devil-fearing doggerel.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,378,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what did God give? He gave us his only begotten son to die on a cross for our sins so that we will be delivered out of our lives of slavery to sin and so that we will now serve him with our lives, and so we will worship him only, and not the idols of man. He gave to us so we would give back to him our lives on his altar as living sacrifices to God, holy and pleasing to him. So when we celebrate him, we give him the gifts, and the main thing we are to be giving one another is the truth of the gospel of our salvation so that they, too, can be freed from their slavery to sin so that they, too, can follow Jesus in obedience and serve him with their lives from now to eternity. If it is all about Jesus, then we should be surrendering our lives to him and doing his will and worshiping him and not the idols of man.

Reactions: Leah Daniels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,378,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So "every single thing" isn't necessarily unbiblical.. Got it.
t

Wow.
The whole concept of the celebration of Christmas is unbiblical because it centers in idolatrous worship and in combining the worship of God with the worship of idols which God forbid his people to do. It makes Jesus out to be a helpless baby in a manger while big, bright, powerful Santa flies through the air and delivers presents to children all over the world in a single night, and he knows when you are sleeping, when you have been good or bad, so his creators have given him the attributes of God of all knowing, all powerful, and omnipresent (able to be everywhere all at the same time). And he asks children to write letters to him asking him for gifts, which is like prayers to God making our requests to him. And Santa is just Satan with the "n" moved to the middle, for he is the one who wanted to be God and to replace God, and that is what Santa does, i.e. his reactors do.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am already planning my Christmas Eve service schedule. Because the church where I usually worship, which , along with the US Government Which is BTW the authority in this country, has acknowledged that Dec 25 IS Christmas is actually having a 9PM service but not a midnight service. SO I will be worshiping at Midnight at a catholic church instead.

The whole concept of the celebration of Christmas is unbiblical because it centers in idolatrous worship and in combining the worship of God with the worship of idols which God forbid his people to do
I don;t really care for your interpretation or your beliefs There will be a celebration of Christmas Dec 25 and there is nothing you can do about it. You can join in, or sit home and cry and write bad poetry, but you cannot impede or stop others from celebrating. And the sooner you realize that the happier you will be. You have no authority power or really anything at all....

The silly poem was a lot of devil-fearing doggerel.
No kidding It was bad poetry too, but who am I to judge? I actually got a laugh at first to think that someone might believe such things, and believe that they can use a forum such as this to stop others from celebrating. But then I realized that since the insurance companies have stopped paying for certain medications that people need, we are likely to see more of this doggerel along with mass shootings and hate crimes.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟225,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The whole concept of the celebration of Christmas is unbiblical because it centers in idolatrous worship
Baloney.

and in combining the worship of God with the worship of idols
More baloney.

It makes Jesus out to be a helpless baby in a manger
Which He was.

while big, bright, powerful Santa flies through the air
Santa doesn't exist,and no sane person believes he does.

And Santa is just Satan
That's simply goofy.

BTW, if youi're near Nashville on Christmas Eve, join me and mine at St. Mary's Church at 5th and Charlotte at midnight and worship our Lord Christ. I'll probably be the only Asian-looking old man in attendance so I should be easy to spot. Santa Claus won't be there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Santa doesn't exist but Satan does.
Myself have never been convicted of Christmas but never really cared for it either.
Although know many who celebrate it including my Pastor.
So guess it's a matter of personal convictions?

Upvote 0