Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible warns against get-rich-quick schemes (Hebrews 13:5-6, Matthew 6:24, Proverbs 13:11, 16:33, 22:16, 28:19-22, 1 Timothy 6:10). There were people who used their credit cards to make risky investments in Bitcoin, expecting skyrocketing value.[1][2][3]

I also highly recommend reading the full context of each of these verses. These are from my notes for an older project.

Take care, stay safe, and God bless!
  1. Buy bitcoin with credit cards? Big banks say 'no' - CreditCards.com
  2. Worrying number of people buying bitcoin with their credit cards, LendEDU poll finds - Market Business News
  3. Capital One Blocks Cryptocurrency Purchases With Its Card

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,248,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can Christians buy Bitcoin?
And pray to God to bless BTC to go higher and higher. :D
You can.

But Bitcoin mining is no longer worth it. The amount money wasted on electricity will be more than the worth of what you mine. Mining it was smart back in the very beginning, but those days are long gone.

If you want to buy some for investment purposes just be careful. Lot's of smart people play those games and you may lose.

If you want to buy Bitcoin to pay someone in Bitcoin that's probably the smartest thing. No moral problem with that, at least as long as the rest of the transaction is moral. I'm willing to be paid in Bitcoin, or in gold, but so far all I get are US dollars.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fractional shares have existed a long time. Most investors who DRIP get them when reinvesting.

~bella
There is an old system for buying expensive stock, called Fractional shares. Many investors use them.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is an old system for buying expensive stock, called Fractional shares. Many investors use them.

Direct reinvestment allows you to acquire shares for a fixed amount. The monthly fee is automatically removed and applied towards the purchase of new shares. The caveat is the sale. You can't specify which ones to sell. They're held in book not street. The capital gains tax can be larger. That's the benefit of using a broker. But they aren't cost effective for most.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Direct reinvestment allows you to acquire shares for a fixed amount. The monthly fee is automatically removed and applied towards the purchase of new shares. The caveat is the sale. You can't specify which ones to sell. They're held in book not street. The capital gains tax can be larger. That's the benefit of using a broker. But they aren't cost effective for most.
That would explain that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That would explain that.

DRIP is good for long-term investors who plan to hold. If you plan to buy and sell more frequently you have to consider the gains. It can add up.

Have you been in the market long?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Can Christians buy Bitcoin?
And pray to God to bless BTC to go higher and higher. :D
To me it is a form of gambling. I've avoided getting involved. Bitcoin transactions are a huge drain on energy resources as well. So for those who believe that we should be better managing electricity demand, Bitcoin should be avoided.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea.

What's off putting about these funny bitcoin Companies, is how they are quick to ask you to pay in, without fully explaining how it works and what the pros and cons are. Its as if they have people chasing after them, with the way they like to rush through.

The Post office schemes, may seem dated according to some, but they are a safer option i think, if you're looking to invest money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dikaioumenoi

Jun 29, 2016
North Carolina
✟19,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm interested in the few gambling comments here. Why do you think buying Bitcoin is gambling?

When I think of gambling, I think of a game of chance; luck, with little skill involved. But market movements are quite predictable. No you won't win 100% of the time, but with the right skills and experience you can be assured to win a majority of the time, or to at least manage your risk well enough to limit your downside while gaining wins that are 2-3x your losses. Trading is about executing on probabilities. Sure there's risk involved, but the same is true of any type of business. A shop keeper has no guarantee that he'll profit off of everything he stocks his shelves with.

Now, if you don't know what you're doing and you're just hopping into a market on hope or hype (as many do, granted), that's gambling.

Here's a passage worth looking at: Matthew 25:14-30

I haven't actually invested in cryptos myself, but I'm an active swing trader in the stock market.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To me it is a form of gambling. I've avoided getting involved. Bitcoin transactions are a huge drain on energy resources as well. So for those who believe that we should be better managing electricity demand, Bitcoin should be avoided.

So are Christmas decorations. What is your point?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Currency exchange, futures, options - take a dart board and use this to select which ones you'll invest in because it's volatile. It's always been volatile, (nothing special about bitcoin) if your risk tolerance does not allow it, then stick to lower risk - guaranteed return type investments instead.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible warns against get-rich-quick schemes (Hebrews 13:5-6, Matthew 6:24, Proverbs 13:11, 16:33, 22:16, 28:19-22, 1 Timothy 6:10). There were people who used their credit cards to make risky investments in Bitcoin, expecting skyrocketing value.[1][2][3]

I also highly recommend reading the full context of each of these verses. These are from my notes for an older project.

Take care, stay safe, and God bless!
  1. Buy bitcoin with credit cards? Big banks say 'no' - CreditCards.com
  2. Worrying number of people buying bitcoin with their credit cards, LendEDU poll finds - Market Business News
  3. Capital One Blocks Cryptocurrency Purchases With Its Card

Buying any investment with a credit card is a bad idea. People need to understand the logic behind crypto like BTC or Ethereum. As Elon Musk said, cryptos are a crazy idea, but less crazy than holding the US$.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So are Christmas decorations. What is your point?
Christmas lights are usually efficient LED's these days.
My point?

"If Bitcoin were a country, it would rank in the top 30 worldwide for energy use. That’s roughly enough electricity to power countries with populations in the tens of millions, with an environmental burden of an estimated 34 megatons of carbon emissions or more, according to Digiconomist’s Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index.

Of course, Bitcoin isn’t unique among cryptocurrencies in terms of its environmental burden, but its high profile and uniquely inefficient transaction approval system make it an easy scapegoat. The blockchain technology that underlies it, meanwhile, could be the key to a greener future."

While people are being pestered to reduce greenhouse emissions and governments blackmailing/bribing businesses to help, bitcoin is a massive addition for absolutely no benefit to anyone. At least you can see Christmas decorations.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0