Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,079,496.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I do have a Yahoo! page that is set up to monitor a portfolio watch list in which I was notified of the following investor advice...

There are possibilities of financial collapse in my lifetime. I believe the Anti-Christ will use this opportunity to set up his kingdom. Even after Wednesday’s announcement, SEC chair Gary Gensler said in a statement that despite the approval of the ETF listing, "we did not approve or endorse bitcoin." I personally have no intentions of investing in bitcoin and spend time worried over what I have invested in the form of the US dollar.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟315,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When stocks go up, bitcoin goes up, and when stocks go down, bitcoin goes down, because the same people are buying and selling both. It offers no diversity beyond stocks.
Agreed. But, stocks at least attached to some of theoretical value, i.e. a company. Bitcoin has nothing if value other than what people think it is worth. Which is probably why it moves so much.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,161,412.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They should run. Run away from them as fast as possible. And if your financial advisor recommends them, get a new one.
Yep. If you want to expose yourself to crypto, buy a slice of bitcoin and watch the rollercoaster.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟73,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I added to a very small, short position in bitcoin through the BITI ETF that has been around for over a year now. So far though this is not working out for me but I have a long term perspective. Gold and tangible assets like land have beaten every currency man ever invented. Crypto is terrible on using electric power and too often used for criminal activity anyway. If I wanted to speculate, I would try a biotech firm that has something promising in the pipeline. I have considered trading bitcoin long and might be tempted if it fell significantly. Still, why bother when there are assets that have true value and fundamentals?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I added to a very small, short position in bitcoin through the BITI ETF
Me neither I got in too late and Bitcoin turned up. From looking at the last couple days it's been ok. I think the latest round of selling was a squeeze manipulation on investors jumping into the ETF.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gold and tangible
Seems to hold value and if the Fed holds too long something will break or the war then look out for Gold :).
I would try a biotech firm that has something promising in the pipeline.
Yes, new science is coming out and AI may be positive, Look what the AI craze has done to semiconductor stocks.
Crypto is terrible on using electric power and too often used for criminal activity anyway.
I've been reading about crypto and they are big on renewables and it makes sense it saves the miners money. I think El Salvador has been using their volcano for power since Bitcoin adoption. If the government is going digital (CBDC) I don't see Bitcoin going anywhere unless they find a way to outlaw it like China did the miners but China I think changed its toon. But the backlash from all the youngsters may prevent it. I was skeptical about it and still don't understand it but I was also skeptical about the internet, lol

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,161,412.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Seems to hold value and if the Fed holds too long something will break or the war then look out for Gold :).

Yes, new science is coming out and AI may be positive, Look what the AI craze has done to semiconductor stocks.

I've been reading about crypto and they are big on renewables and it makes sense it saves the miners money. I think El Salvador has been using their volcano for power since Bitcoin adoption. If the government is going digital (CBDC) I don't see Bitcoin going anywhere unless they find a way to outlaw it like China did the miners but China I think changed its toon. But the backlash from all the youngsters may prevent it. I was skeptical about it and still don't understand it but I was also skeptical about the internet, lol
From what I see bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency in town(until govts get involved) everything else is a meme. So better to buy a small slice and watch it yo-yo.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟73,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I figured there might be a sell the news type of event. Also a halving of the bitcoin is going to occur in a few months or less. So less mining for a time, could drive the price. With no intrinsic value except more anonymity for criminals it is amazing it lasts. I think it gets too large they governments will step in and regulate it to death. 'Crypto is dead in America,' says longtime bitcoin bull Chamath Palihapitiya

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I see bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency in town(until govts get involved) everything else is a meme. So better to buy a small slice and watch it yo-yo.
Not buying until the next crash, it's up there now I play paper for now..

Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With no intrinsic value except more anonymity for criminals it is amazing it lasts. I think i
Not true the ledger is an open book. At the recent rise, someone thinks it has a value of $42K. Paper money is easier to hide because there no ledger, they just launder the money by buying assets.

Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,161,412.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not true the ledger is an open book. At the recent rise, someone thinks it has a value of $42K. Paper money is easier to hide because there no ledger, they just launder the money by buying assets.
Exactly crypto coins are less anonymous than cash, they carry a record of all trades.

Upvote 0