Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you had a point to make, then oh I don't know...maybe you should have elaborated and made it.
Just because something looks beautiful to our eyes, does not mean it is a good thing (theologically/Biblically speaking).

Preecher keeps bringing up 1 Tim. 2:12. Having a woman officiating a service contradicts that, and is therefore in error Biblically.

If you believe having a woman as a pastor is a beautiful thing, is that something you can justify Biblically?

You've already said that it is justified "in your heart"; that God speaks to your heart and confirms it. My Mormon friends give the same reason for believing the Book of Mormon is true.

Upvote 0

verses

Dec 8, 2007
Home
✟526.00
Faith
Charismatic
Just because something looks beautiful to our eyes, does not mean it is a good thing (theologically/Biblically speaking).

Preecher keeps bringing up 1 Tim. 2:12. Having a woman officiating a service contradicts that, and is therefore in error Biblically.

If you believe having a woman as a pastor is a beautiful thing, is that something you can justify Biblically?

You've already said that it is justified "in your heart"; that God speaks to your heart and confirms it. My Mormon friends give the same reason for believing the Book of Mormon is true.
The book of Mormon isn't the bible and if you would spiritually read the bible you would see the beauty of God speaking from the mouth of His people as beautiful also. What right have you to condemn what God does not. Christ speaks through His bride. The speakers that speak their own words are the ones who are not His bride, those are condemned already.

Upvote 0

verses

Dec 8, 2007
Home
✟526.00
Faith
Charismatic
Do they teach or have authority over men?

1 Timothy 2:12 (KJV)
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Every theologists worth their salt knows that all wisdom comes from the silence. When you grow into a spiritualised theology you will know that.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

That wasn't so hard, was it?
:)

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should have said something four years ago. When you first posted.
;)

I think it appeared on the "latest updated" threads when CF still had that feature. I didn't even realize the sub-forum. :sorry:

Oh well, my father fills in at his church when the pastor is away or there's a vacancy. Does that count?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DLC

Bible Christian
Sep 14, 2010
United States
✟15,196.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about like Joyce Meyers, is she consiterd more of a teacher?

And does anyone know where it is in the bible that states that a women cannot be a pastor?

1 Tim 3:1-2
A It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do. 2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife,
NASU

How can a women be the Husband of one wife. Plus do you know of any female pastors in the Bible?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Acording to the bible and all that, Do you think a women could be a 'pastor'?

Women can preach the gospel, be missionaries, and do plenty of things to further the gospel of Christ (feed and clothe the poor and the hungry, visit the sick and suffering, etcetera)- the same as men. Every Christian is called to do those things. However, women can't administer the sacraments- so they can't be ordained to the deaconate or the priesthood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faire

Jul 1, 2011
Brno, Czech Republic
✟15,112.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Blessings in Jesus Christ

With all respect - you've just tried to teach / correct a man.;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found out that I am not allowed to post in this sub-forum, so I will not go one, shame :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicmanex

once killed a man with a trident
Jul 4, 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
✟7,630.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
people need to look at the context these rules were written in.... but the simple answer is yes.... woman can be pastors... God calls us all to minister and to do the things of the spirt.... so what are we talking about here.... a 'title'.... i know many woman who are pastors.... mainly youth pastors and stuff but still the church needs to stop being so legalistic about this stuff.....

Upvote 0

mandelduke

Oct 17, 2010
Choctaw Ms
✟8,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Acording to the bible and all that, Do you think a women could be a 'pastor'?
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Yes a women can be a pastor, and more often than not, a better pastor then a man.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.