New poll reveals how many Democrats agree with demands of anti-Israel campus protesters

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Democrats are divided over the anti-Israel protests that have erupted on college campuses across the country this spring over Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza, according to a new national poll.
And the USA Today/Suffolk University survey released on Wednesday indicates that Republicans are mostly united in their opposition to the demonstrations, some of which have turned violent in recent weeks.
The protests in support of Palestinians have grabbed plenty of attention on cable news and online coverage. Demonstrators have criticized President Biden's support for Israel in its battle with Hamas and have called on colleges and universities to cut financial ties with the government in Jerusalem.
According to the poll, 32% of Democrats questioned say they support the demonstrations, with 38% saying they agree with the protesters' demands but oppose the way they are conducting themselves. Seventeen percent of Democrats said they oppose the protests.
It's a different story with Republicans, 81% of whom said they oppose the protests. Four percent of Republicans questioned said they support the demonstrations, with 9% saying they agree with the protesters' demands but oppose the way they are conducting themselves.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,606.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Count me among the 32% who.disapprove of Netanyahu's genocide but disagree with anti-Semitism and violence. Netanyahu is a black sheep. An outlier, whose savagery has nothing to do with faith.
Israel is a wealthy, well-equipped military power. If they want to murder and starve innocent civilians, that should be on their dime.
We can support Israel without financing Barbarism.
3/4 of our $26 billion aid package is for humanitarian assistance both for Jews and Palestinians affected by violence. We should hold back the $8 billion for weaponry.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Democrats are divided over the anti-Israel protests that have erupted on college campuses across the country this spring over Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza, according to a new national poll.
And the USA Today/Suffolk University survey released on Wednesday indicates that Republicans are mostly united in their opposition to the demonstrations, some of which have turned violent in recent weeks.
The protests in support of Palestinians have grabbed plenty of attention on cable news and online coverage. Demonstrators have criticized President Biden's support for Israel in its battle with Hamas and have called on colleges and universities to cut financial ties with the government in Jerusalem.
According to the poll, 32% of Democrats questioned say they support the demonstrations, with 38% saying they agree with the protesters' demands but oppose the way they are conducting themselves. Seventeen percent of Democrats said they oppose the protests.
It's a different story with Republicans, 81% of whom said they oppose the protests. Four percent of Republicans questioned said they support the demonstrations, with 9% saying they agree with the protesters' demands but oppose the way they are conducting themselves.
I am curious if there are polls that cover the centrists opinion on the protests. :) For myself, I oppose the protests (I am okay with peaceful protests that do not disrupt the schools, but am against the antisemitism and violence), as the protestors are going about it the wrong way, and holding the classes up. If I was a student at these colleges, I'm not gonna waste my $50,000/yr tuition on missed or canceled classes.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am curious if there are polls that cover the centrists opinion on the protests. :) For myself, I oppose the protests (I am okay with peaceful protests that do not disrupt the schools, but am against the antisemitism and violence), as the protestors are going about it the wrong way, and holding the classes up. If I was a student at these colleges, I'm not gonna waste my $50,000/yr tuition on missed or canceled classes.
Any category of demographics are usually factored-in, (or accounted for) because the people who do polls like to have all of the data that they can lay their hands on and while this is somewhat constrained because more data can get co$tly…but polls having a data-edge is where their polling company makes its money, so if there’s a voter who owns a left-handed chimpanzee, a pollster might know its name?

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any category of demographics are usually factored-in, (or accounted for) because the people who do polls like to have all of the data that they can lay their hands on and while this is somewhat constrained because more data can get co$tly…but polls having a data-edge is where their polling company makes it’s money, so if there’s a voter who owns a left-handed chimpanzee, a pollster might know its name?
What do you think about Pew Research? They have been considered to be centrist, and are non-profit.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Of course Democrats are divided. If they were untied they’d end up being Republicans.
Party unity is is great if that party is firmly engaging with reality on a fairly consistent basis.

Yes, it’s always a concern for protestors that in “making trouble” to get their voices heard, they do not allow violence to be a part of their “strategy“.
We’re conditioned to “support Israel” and most Americans agree, yah, we need a non-Muslim ally in that region and we have decades of them spying on is working in close-cooperation and being “allies” if not exactly “friends”.
If Conservatives get wind of Israel behaving “badly” I believe that support will dwindle.
But right now, Israel is going to push the envelope because this is exactly when a country would try this. Making things “difficult“ for the POTUS results in the enhanced electability of The Guy you liked better anyways, and if they wipe-out “too many”, well “fog of war”.

Upvote 0