Bidenomics--Strict new EPA rules would force coal-fired power plants to capture emissions or shut down

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, I don't believe everything in every article I post--I post the articles for discussions. Just about everything has toxins, look at the labels from California. It is monomethylmercury that is of harm to humans if consumed, and extremely little comes from the coal industry. I have posted before about what goes into making a battery for these EVs, both the huge environmental impact and the almost slave labor involved. I have seen few from the left who seem to care. So many people get swept up the green movement which has very much been co-opted by the radical left. There is nothing inherently wrong with the the natural fossil fuels that God has provided to our world. To truly understand the situation you need to look at how much effort by the leaders of the movement is being put into forcing the Chinese to meet environmental standards, because according to the predictions of these leaders we won't have much of the earth left without China complying. Have John Kerry and Joe Biden been out there denouncing China and India or are they going after the United States? Now you're switching to money, and you bring up the 124.4 million by the entire oil and gas industry. In Biden's last move alone, 623 million of taxpayer money(see the below article from PBS) including taxes paid by the oil and gas industry, was used to promote EVs. That's from ONE move by Joe, quite a financial windfall for some already wealthy Democrats who invest in those companies! The many American stockholders who own fossil fuel companies in their portfolios expect some lobbying against the iron hand of the Biden administration, many see the green movement for what is really is. Now LNG is a great choice, Europe has accepted this but Joe and the hard left are attacking LNG. This and the rest of Bidenomics if not stopped could bring America economically to its knees.
Well, I do not believe 99% of the stuff that MAGA or the fossil fuel industry say. Yes, forcing EVs by 2035 may not be the best move for us, and yes Joe is wasting taxpayer money on certain things. LNG is a good stop-gap measure to take, but overall, the EU has much more renewable energy now compared to in the past, peaking emissions in the late 1970s.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Red wine? Must be evening where you are at. It's Rose time of the day here.
Must have been around 9:00pm, when we had the pizzas. Any earlier than that and it would have been g* and t.

* home distilled. But don't tell anyone.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟141,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Must have been around 9:00pm, when we had the pizzas. Any earlier than that and it would have been g* and t.

* home distilled. But don't tell anyone.
Yep, it was 21:06 (9:06 PM) in AU, as you made your red wine comment at 06:09 today in my time. Sydney AU is +15 hours ahead of my timezone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

G7 agrees to shut down coal plants by 2035, UK minister says, in climate breakthrough

Putting an end date on coal — the most climate-polluting fossil fuel — has been highly controversial at international climate talks. Japan, which derived 32% of its electricity from coal in 2023, according to the climate think tank Ember, has blocked progress on the issue at past G7 meetings, CNN has previously reported.

The US State Department declined to comment on the G7 agreement. Last week, the US Environmental Protection Agency announced new rules that will require coal-fired power plants to either capture nearly all of their climate pollution or shut down by 2039. [i.e. the OP]

Many of the other G7 nations already have national plans in place to phase out the fossil fuel.

Upvote 0