Biblically: Why is homosexuality wrong?

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Already answered, your love for your boyfriend includes a sexual element which is wrong. Ie Gen 19, Lev 18 & 20, 1 Cor 6, 1 Tim 1, Romans 1, 2 Peter 2, Jude 1, Gen 2, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5 etc.
Not one of these verses refers to Mutually consentual, homosexual love and intimacy.

Just saying it over and over doesn't make something true, even though thats what NARTH thinks

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To Andreusz,
Ok then it is the human idea of love, not God’s.
How does my love differ in any respect from your love for your wife?

Pity then you didn’t learn how to recognise what is of Satan and what is of Jesus.

This raises a whole lot of questions , but perhaps the most important is: how do you know you are doing it correctly?

Already answered, your love for your boyfriend includes a sexual element which is wrong.

Why is it wrong? I cannot see any explanation in the passages you have cited.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Andreusz,
How does my love differ in any respect from your love for your wife?
It’s the human idea. The sexual element of the love I have for my wife is in line with God’s purposes, sexual desires for the same sex are dysfunctional as God created woman for man, even biologically we can see it is dysfunctional.

This raises a whole lot of questions , but perhaps the most important is: how do you know you are doing it correctly?
By the Holy Spirit and according to the Biblical testimony I have cited and quoted.

Why is it wrong? I cannot see any explanation in the passages you have cited.
Why not, its quite clear. If you can understand my posts enough to ask questions about you have understood as much of what I have posted is Biblical quotes and citations.

in the passages you have cited.

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How would you feel if someone told you that the love you feel for your wife or girlfriend is satanic and that you must give it up?

Whatever is not of God must be "given up". The love of a man for a woman is ordained of God, so no, this doesn't have to be given up. Homosexuality is a perversion of the original plan and purpose of God...therefore it is terribly WRONG.

Reactions: Floatingaxe
Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Whatever is not of God must be "given up". The love of a man for a woman is ordained of God, so no, this doesn't have to be given up. Homosexuality is a perversion of the original plan and purpose of God...therefore it is terribly WRONG.

This is probably the most unconvincing argument against homosexuality EVER.

Why is it perverted? I mean from my own personal standpoint hetrosexual sex is pretty gross to me but it dosent mean I go out of my way to make life difficult for hetrosexual people now does it?

There is no real evidence in the Bible that homosexuality is condemned just interpretation.

Its wrong because its wrong dosent cut it and neither does "its wrong because im not into it"

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Halohope,
This is probably the most unconvincing argument against homosexuality EVER.

Interesting that citing the word of God on the subject is considered the most unconvincing argument to you and others, this confirms what others of us have been saying, the issue isn’t so much about homosexuality but about the word of God be denied and disputed. The dozen and more scriptural references why same sex unions are error have been given and disputed by the likes of yourself. In response your arguments have been based on disputing the meaning of the condemnations given and appealing to silence. I would say that is the most unconvincing argument for homosexuality.

Why is it perverted? I mean from my own personal standpoint hetrosexual sex is pretty gross to me but it dosent mean I go out of my way to make life difficult for hetrosexual people now does it?
It is perverted because God’s word says
it is, the more we quote, cite and refer to the Bible texts as God’s word the more you address personal feelings, this is a definition if unbelief.

There is no real evidence in the Bible that homosexuality is condemned just interpretation.
The passages such as Romans 1 where men lust after men and commit indecent acts with other men is not heterosexual, its homosexual, by definition.

If we were to say the Bible doesn’t say ‘God is love’ that’s just your interpretation, it means ‘God is hate’ even if you quoted 1 John 4:16 where it says ‘God is love’ you would probably be in disbelief at our inability to acknowledge and see the text saying what is before our very eyes. It is much like that for us with your arguments.

Reactions: Floatingaxe
Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To Andreusz,
It’s the human idea. The sexual element of the love I have for my wife is in line with God’s purposes, sexual desires for the same sex are dysfunctional as God created woman for man, even biologically we can see it is dysfunctional.

My love for my boyfriend doesn't seem to be dysfunctinal to me ... in fact, our relationship enriches both of us. And as for the biological part, well, our sex life is highly pleasurable to both of us, and reinforces out love. How is that dysfunctional?

By the Holy Spirit

How do you know it's the Holy Spirit you're expereincing, and not the voice of the devil?

and according to the Biblical testimony I have cited and quoted.

What makes you think that the Bible is true?

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why is it okay for 60-year-old heterosexuals to marry?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is it okay for 60-year-old heterosexuals to marry?
Or any other infertile heterosexual couple?

Let me save everyone some time... there is no way to condemn homosexuality for being against "God's purpose" or "God's design", without condemning all infertile couples, and, for that matter, any use of contraception.
But We won't see heterosexual acts being condemned, because "God's design/purpose" isn't REALLY what these people are so worked up about.

They aren't deciding "X is God's purpose, and therefore, we should look at anything to determine if it fits that purpose"
No.
They start with the a priori assumption that "homosexuality is bad", and then try to find justifications for that belief, no matter how tenuous or convoluted. Hence, we get them clinging to the "design" argument like a drowning man clings to a branch, even though logically it holds no water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or any other infertile heterosexual couple?

Absolutely. Barren women (as if it's their fault!) were 'frowned on' in the days of the Bible authors. These are the very same Bible authors whose alleged scriptures condemning homosexuality are bandied about constantly. It's all to do with the inability to conceive. It was all about 'making babies' and 'more babies'. Actually, we still pretty well have this same mindset today.

Let me save everyone some time... there is no way to condemn homosexuality for being against "God's purpose" or "God's design", without condemning all infertile couples, and, for that matter, any use of contraception.

Again ...absolutely. Contraceptions would be seen by God as an abomination. And we all know why. It prevents 'making babies' and 'more babies'. God didn't make sex for 'fun'. So, all of you heterosexuals who have recreational sex are surely committing an abomination. And someone ...feel free to prove me wrong if you can. By the way, I don't ever recall seeing a Fred Phelps-type family group marching the streets and picketing funerals with "God hates Contraception" banners. And yet, to be consistent, they should.

But We won't see heterosexual acts being condemned, because "God's design/purpose" isn't REALLY what these people are so worked up about.

Of course it isn't. Many use this rhetoric as if personally offended by it. As if "God's design/purpose" would be something that one spends their day being concerned about. It's none other than a red herring. Ludicrous! Moreover, most of the hard-liners would attack homosexuality whether they believed that God said anything against it or not. Besides, NO ONE on this subforum speaks for God anyway even though some think they do.

They aren't deciding "X is God's purpose, and therefore, we should look at anything to determine if it fits that purpose"
No.
They start with the a priori assumption that "homosexuality is bad", and then try to find justifications for that belief, no matter how tenuous or convoluted. Hence, we get them clinging to the "design" argument like a drowning man clings to a branch, even though logically it holds no water.

That is SO true and I doubt anyone could effectively debate against that premise.

Upvote 0