Baptist PRAYER CHAIN

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Terri said:
:hug: Terri :hug:
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord....please help prepare Mark's heart, mind and soul this summer. Uplift him so he may be used for your glory. Continue to also be with his family. I ask this in your Holy and Precious Name....Amen!

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Son of Thunder:

In the early days, they took communion daily-"not a feeble one in their midst".

There is also fasting and prayer. Healing is yours, do not deny yourself this gift. You are in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This isn't just a poem for recover only. It helps me put into perspective my ministry to others. It is my prayer for you.

The Serenity Prayer

(full text)

GOD, grant me the serenity

to accept the things

I cannot change,

Courage to change the

Things I can, and the

Wisdom to know the difference.

Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardship as the

Pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this

Sinful world as it is,

Not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make

All things right if I

Surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy

In this life, and supremely

Happy with Him forever in

The next.

Amen

Reinhold Neibuhr-1926

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My prayer request today is for woman that have been abused either emotionally, physically or sexually.

-------------------

Dear Lord....I come to you seeking your help in being with each woman that has been abused. Shower those woman with your loving kindness and hope and strength. Let them know that through you they can gain the strength to move themselves out of danger, out of harms range. That they need to reach out to someone that can help them with their situation. Lord I also ask that you be with the ones that are doing the abusing. Convict their hearts that they feel guilty, that they know they are doing wrong...that they need YOU to be a better person. Help those to know that abusing is not the answer to their problems. Let there be peace for everyone Dear Lord...I ask this in your Holy and Precious Name......Amen!

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prayer request for today is for all of our troops serving near and abroad.

-------------------
Dear Lord Please lay your protective spirit over each and every solider serving. Comfort and console them when they need it. I ask this in your Holy and Precious Name...Amen!

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please join me in a prayer for my elderly Dad, who suffers chronic pain from arthritis and stomach acid, that he be relieved of this pain and motivated to enjoy tasks he has ben unable to do as a result of these conditions.

Upvote 0

LovingOne

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
newbeliever02072005 said:
Hello Everyone,

Last night I went to my church's bible study. This study has been an on going study in the book of Revelation. I am not sure exactly how long, but its been over a year now they have been studying. Since I've become a new believer(February) in our Lord Jesus, my feelings of loving, learning and serving the Lord is very enormous. What I am afraid of is losing this feeling if I continue to go to this study. I can handle the stuff I am learning in the bible about Revelation, its the "theories" of how some of the signs are going to be. Such as, the internet is a possible method used by the anti-christ to keep track of all the people left here on earth. Coming to this conclusion by the "WWW" that is in the web addresses. Apparently the Hebrew language never had numbers. When they adopted the english numeric system. They assigned the letters numbers. W was assigned the number 6....which would give thought to the "www" or 666. That there is technology of a micro-chip being inserted into humans to track any information that person so desires. This chip is about the size of a grain of rice. Its injected through a syringe and then it bonds to the underskin. Making it almost impossible to remove. Then it was mentioned that scientist are able to now harnest some of the humans magnetic brain waves and convert it to radio waves which is then able to be directed back to the brain. This could be a possible way the anti-christ manipulates the minds of the people left on earth. I swear I thought as I was sitting there I was hearing the script of the movie "Total Recall" the one with Arnold. (Side note, weird coincidence, Arnold was being interviewed on Hanity and Colmes last night when I came home from this study:eek: )Then there was thoughts on what the mark of the beast is going to be....ie: credit cards & UPC codes. I keep hearing the "rapture is close". "We are so close we can taste it." "We christians wont need to worry about any of what is going to happen during the tribulation period cause we will be with God. BUT......we better be scared for our loved ones that are NOT saved. We better try our hardest to get them to come to know the Lord. " This is where my dilemia starts. My husband and others in the family are not saved. Coming home last night just was so frustrating cause I want so despartely for my loved ones to know the Lord. However, I also realize that I CANNOT bring them to the Lord. The only thing that I CAN do is be used as an instrument to bring them to the Lord if it is His will. How do I know what I should or shouldn't be doing for the Lord in His quest to bring my family's souls to Him? I feel so much pressure now.

I wonder if I should stop going to this bible study until I can get a better foundation and grounded in the Lord? Could I get some advice and prayers , please?

Thank you so much!
newbeliever :)
My church has been having a Bible study of Revelation too for about the past 9 or 10 months. I am very glad that have never missed a single night of this... and hope not to! It is very important stuff to know, even if us Christians won't be here during all of that. You never know when there will be a time in your life to tell someone else about what you've learned from Revelation (even if it's not your own family). It's good knowledge to have so that you can share it with others who are not yet saved.

Anyway, about your dilemma with your family. I don't want to ask questions and get nosy but I want you to know that you CAN help lead them to the Lord. Just set yourself as an example for them. Others often learn and seek to know the Lord (eventually) by seeing a Christian's example of how they live. Like another poster said, I wouldn't suggest bombarding your family with Bible scriptures if it turns them off. But there are plenty of other ways to lead them to the Lord. Most importantly, pray to God about your desire for your family. Ask him to help get them to go to church with you.

Has you family ever seen the movie with Kirk Cameron called "Left Behind"? And the 2nd movie after that called "Left Behind II: Tribulation Force", also starring Kirk Cameron. For more information about it, go to

http://www.livingwaters.com/newsletter/october2002.htm

There is a 3rd movie called "Left Behind: World War III" that is in post-production. I am anxious to see it.

I have been a Christian most of my life and watched both these movies just last week. They are wonderful and may even help someone who is not saved, become saved. It goes right along with the book of Revelation.... so it might help to explain to a non-churchgoer certain points in the movie that they might not realize is stated in the Bible as truly going to happen. The movie is a real wake-up call for those who do not realize this is really going to happen.

The main thing I wanted to say to you is please don't stop going to your Bible Study. Don't let people who are not saved hold you back in your own Christian walk. Stopping your Bible Study should not be an option. In fact, I see stopping as only giving your unsaved family members a bad example. If anything, KEEP going -- they SEE your faith. This says a lot to them, even if they're not willing to admit it.

Hope this helped. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blindmanwalks

Oct 29, 2004
Washington
✟15,148.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for the continued prayer of my church. Our pastor is in the process of retiring and we are starting to look for another one. I have been elected to a "Pulpit Committee" to select individuals for nomination to be the next pastor along with six other people. My prayer is that everyone in the committee has the right heart and that they are all sincerely praying for God's will to be done. I transfered from a church who recieved a new pastor who was not the best for the church. Lets just say it was a bad match and the church is ready to colapse but anyways I really do not want to see that going on here. Just keep in prayer that each person would have God's will in mind and that He would direct the right person to us, and when that person does come that He would make it evident to those on the committee and those in the congregation who would vote on it. Thank you very much guys.

John

Upvote 0