South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Airplane! It's also, imo, the best parody movie of all time. Leslie Nielsen is brilliant.

A real old classic:

I saw this the other night. Pretty strange.
Chain Lightening with Humphrey Bogart
I've heard of Airplane!, but I've never watched it; I've never heard of either Twelve O'Clock High or Chain Lightning though.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟761,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've heard of Airplane!, but I've never watched it; I've never heard of either Twelve O'Clock High or Chain Lightning though.
Based on your posts, I would suggest Chain Lightning or Twelve O’clock High from the latest posts. Nothing against the poster who mentioned Airplane but I don’t think it would be your preferred choice.

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Based on your posts, I would suggest Chain Lightning or Twelve O’clock High from the latest posts. Nothing against the poster who mentioned Airplane but I don’t think it would be your preferred choice.
Thanks! :grinning: You're right, I probably wouldn't enjoy Airplane!, as the humour wouldn't really be to my taste.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,019,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This was an awesome aviation war film. Thats the main star of it. An ace fighter pilot too! Cant remember the name of the film though, might have been something like 'Top Dog'

corgi-dog-is-flying-plane-clouds_616001-5069.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The Aviator (2004) is about a famous 1920s movie magnate named Howard Hughes, who had a tortured past who flew planes as well, and tried building the biggest plane at the time.
I've certainly heard of The Aviator, but I haven't watched it yet. I may very well watch it soon though! :grinning:

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
This was an awesome aviation war film. Thats the main star of it. An ace fighter pilot too! Cant remember the name of the film though, might have been something like 'Top Dog'

View attachment 337412
I tried looking up "Top Dog", but although I found a number of films by that name, I couldn't find any that were aviation-related, so that may not have been the name. What else might the title have been?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,019,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I tried looking up "Top Dog", but although I found a number of films by that name, I couldn't find any that were aviation-related, so that may not have been the name. What else might the title have been?

Maybe, "On a wing and a woof"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Midway ... Dauntless Dive Bombers and Avenger Torpedo bombers, Japanese Zeros (or look alikes)
The Bridges at Toko-Ri ... Korea, F-86 Sabres and Mig-15s
Pearl Harbor or At Dawn We Slept ... Mostly Zeros and torpedo bombers.
Thanks! I've watched Pearl Harbor once, years ago, but I've never watched any of the other films you mentioned. If I wanted to find them, where would be the best place to look?

Upvote 0

RonJohnSilver

Nov 1, 2023
Temple
✟13,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I've watched Pearl Harbor once, years ago, but I've never watched any of the other films you mentioned. If I wanted to find them, where would be the best place to look?
Midway (Charlton Heston) may be on Netflix or you can buy from Amazon. The Pearl Harbor movie is titled, Tora, Tora, Tora. Sorry, I forgot that. Great movie though. Also Netflix or Amazon. At Dawn We Slept I listed as a movie, it's actually a book about Pearl Harbor. A good, detailed book if you're a reader.

Upvote 0

Aquila Super Tomcat

⚡ Soaring Free ⚡
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2022
South Africa
✟285,434.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Midway (Charlton Heston) may be on Netflix or you can buy from Amazon. The Pearl Harbor movie is titled, Tora, Tora, Tora. Sorry, I forgot that. Great movie though. Also Netflix or Amazon. At Dawn We Slept I listed as a movie, it's actually a book about Pearl Harbor. A good, detailed book if you're a reader.
I've never watched Tora, Tora, Tora; there's another movie about Pearl Harbor which is called Pearl Harbor, and which I have watched:

Pearl Harbor (film) - Wikipedia

apologies for the confusion!

I don't have Netflix, but I do have Amazon Prime, so I might be able to find the movies you mentioned on there. I certainly am a reader; my main interest aircraft-wise is modern fighter jets, and particularly the F-14 Tomcat. I might see if I can find At Dawn We Slept in my local library at some point. :grinning:

Upvote 0