Are your folks fundamental christians like my mom and dad are?

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was raised in a Fundamentalist non-Denominational church. My dad was the preacher for that church for over 60 years. I give thanks that I was brought up in the ways of the Lord from the time I started talking. By the way, there is nothing crazy or strange about being a Fundamentalist. Look at the Statement of Faith for this area, and you'll see there is nothing wild or weird about being a Fundamentalist.

• Agree
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

joyfullyobey

Jun 12, 2018
Ontario
✟18,810.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From as far back as I can remember I was in a independent fundamental baptist church. Sunday, Sunday night and Wed. night. I thank God my mother was faithful in making sure I was in church.

There are a few things I disagree with in the fundamental baptist way, but then again I do believe they are the most accurate in doctrine.
Hi there! As someone who identifies with the IFB I'm curious to know what you don't agree with. Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0

PristineGraceCA

Proof of Jehovah's Saving Grace
Jan 14, 2019
California
✟17,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
They have been my whole life. My first memory was actually being in the nursery at their Baptist church when I was only 3 years old...and I'm like, what? 30 now? So yeah, that was some time ago.

I was practically raised in the church.

I can see that religion is important to them, so I just learned to accept and embrace Christianity because I saw that they did as well. I did not want to be an outsider, I wanted to fit in and be part of the family, so I adopted Christianity as my religion too.

I know that some people are offended at religion, but I'm not. I don't care to discuss either religion or politics. It's just debate that I avoid, as it can stir up strife and I don't like conflict.

Is anyone else here a Conservative fundamental Christian? Or are you guys more liberal in your thinking?
Many would consider me extremely fundamentalist. My parents,however, are more liberal in their thinking

Upvote 0

7bjoern7

Mar 5, 2019
Karlsruhe
✟16,816.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, your post doesnt seem like you understood the gospel.
Reading your bible is essential to understand what this is all about. This is the most important matter that there could possibly be. Eternal life in paradise. Jesus said, that he will spit out those who are lukewarm. Every human being deserves hell, eternal torture in the lake of fire. We have all broken Gods law and are breaking it continuusly. We are wicked beings. Only through Christ we are saved. If you ever put your hand on a hot stove, imagine an eternal life in a burning lava sea and you will see how gigantic Gods love and grace is. This is nothing you pick up because your parents did it and it's tradition. This is so extremely serious but people don't realise it. They are made sleepy by satan and his lies.

When i registered to this forum, it already hurt me. What type of christian are you? Catholic, baptist, evangelic, etcetc. This is a huge deception. All those groups are made from satan. Every church is controlled by satan. The bible never tells us to build church buildings where we celebrate one day in the week and do whatever we want on the rest of the week. Also this one day is placed on SUNday, lucifer identifies as the sun. It's basically satanworshipday. The true church consist of every reborn believer. No Building, no tradition involved. Only The Body of Christ and the word of God.

Hope i could help you. I would not risk it to get thrown into hell by chance. This is eternal.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have been
my whole life.
My first memory was actually being in the nursery at their Baptist church when
I was only 3 years old...and
I'm like, what? 30 now? So yeah, that was some time ago.
I was practically raised in the church.
I can see that religion is important to them, so
I just learned to accept and embrace Christianity because
I saw that they did as well.
I did not want to be an outsider,
I wanted to fit in and be part of the family, so
I adopted Christianity as my religion too.
I know that some people are offended at religion, but
I'm not.
I don't care to discuss either religion or politics. It's just debate that
I avoid, as it can stir up strife and
I don't like conflict.

Is anyone else here a Conservative fundamental Christian? Or are you guys more liberal in your thinking?

No my parents were never fundamentalist Christians.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was raised a Southern Baptist.

A lot of us ex-southern Baptists around. Probably going to be even more when Greear/Moore fully execute their plans for the convention.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A lot of us ex-southern Baptists around. Probably going to be even more when Greear/Moore fully execute their plans for the convention.

What are their plans for the convention, if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are their plans for the convention, if you don't mind me asking?

The Moores (both Russell and Beth) are intent on bending the convention to modernist cultural norms. One of Greear's good friends, Furtick, was caught faking baptisms at Elevation church in the Charlotte area with no censure or pushback from the convention president (Megachurch pastor Steven Furtick’s ‘spontaneous baptisms’ not so spontaneous - Religion News Service). In last week's pastor's conference, they passed approval of internsectionality/race theory ignoring Galatians 3:28. By the time they are done with it, there won't be anything Baptist - perhaps even anything Christian - about it.

• Informative
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Moores (both Russell and Beth) are intent on bending the convention to modernist cultural norms. One of Greear's good friends, Furtick, was caught faking baptisms at Elevation church in the Charlotte area with no censure or pushback from the convention president (Megachurch pastor Steven Furtick’s ‘spontaneous baptisms’ not so spontaneous - Religion News Service). In last week's pastor's conference, they passed approval of internsectionality/race theory ignoring Galatians 3:28. By the time they are done with it, there won't be anything Baptist - perhaps even anything Christian - about it.

Thank you for the feedback, Newtheran.

God help us.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for the feedback, Newtheran.

God help us.

Praying.

I'm not worried. In the end, the Judeo-Christian faith tradition has been down to 7,000 (Elijah), 8 (the ark), 2 (the garden of eden) people following it in the past. I can see a future where America is a post-Christian nation and it isn't of any social benefit to nominal Christians or unbelievers to label themselves as such. I look to see a smaller, leaner Church in fighting shape emerge from this. Heck, 40 years from now we may all be Russian Orthodox with the only communists left in Washington DC. God's voice will never be silenced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not worried. In the end, the Judeo-Christian faith tradition has been down to 7,000 (Elijah), 8 (the ark), 2 (the garden of eden) people following it in the past. I can see a future where America is a post-Christian nation and it isn't of any social benefit to nominal Christians or unbelievers to label themselves as such. I look to see a smaller, leaner Church in fighting shape emerge from this. Heck, 40 years from now we may all be Russian Orthodox with the only communists left in Washington DC. God's voice will never be silenced.

I agree. Thank you for your encouraging words.

God bless you.

Upvote 0