Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No offense taken on my part. Seeing this almost makes me want to scour through old posts here.
And it will remind me to look at the posting date before replying. I a much better looking at the forum name before posting now than I used to be, having figured out where I do and don’t belong.

Upvote 0

Hermeneutico

Orthodox-Pentecostal
Aug 6, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
✟18,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
That was and is through indistinct teaching along with other teaching..

So called "baptism in the Holy Ghost" actually means belief following distinct teaching. It wasn't meant to relate to a ceremony or mannerism.

The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a metaphor that points directly to receiving the Gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,079,535.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When going through the times of my dad’s sickness and then death I would look for services that were pure Pentecostal. During those time I would take back with me a great, wonderful, and very much needed source of comfort. I would wake up feeling a great peace and joy when I should have been in great agony considering what I was going through. Gee… The wild Tennessee Church of God… Hate I missed the Camp Meeting!

TN+State+Camp+Meeting+2023+Speakers+Flyer.png

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People have looked for that quote from St. Francis. They haven’t found it yet. And he did a lot of preaching with words.
I am deeply into St Francis lately and reading a new book.

Francis of Assisi: His Life, Vision and Companions by Fr. Michael Cusato, OFM

The closest comes from his Rule of 1221, Chapter 17 on how the Franciscans should practice their preaching:

17.—Of Preachers.​

Let none of the brothers preach contrary to the form and institution of the holy Roman Church, and unless this has been conceded to him by his minister. But let the minister take care that he does not grant this leave indiscreetly to anyone. Nevertheless, let all the brothers preach by their works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0