Are non-Christians lower in moral character than Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Theycallmedavid has made the claim on various threads, that non believers are of less moral character than christians.

He thought it would be a good idea to debate and I am open to the idea depending on the guidelines. I would be arguing the counter point to his claim non-believers ARE NOT of lower moral character than christians, as theycallmedavid has claimed.

Let us know next steps. Thanks

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Theycallmedavid has made the claim on various threads, that non believers are of less moral character than christians.

He thought it would be a good idea to debate and I am open to the idea depending on the guidelines. I would be arguing the counter point to his claim non-believers ARE NOT of lower moral character than christians, as theycallmedavid has claimed.

Let us know next steps. Thanks

Thanks for posting; could you contact Theycallmedavid and ask him to post his agreement to participate here in this thread then we could proceed with drafting the stipulations.

Thanks!
Mark:)

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for posting; could you contact Theycallmedavid and ask him to post his agreement to participate here in this thread then we could proceed with drafting the stipulations.

Thanks!
Mark:)

Mark, I agree to debate .

But can we change the Title on the Board Menu from ' Debate with TheyCallMeDavid' to the proper Title of the Debate which is : ' Are non-Christians lower in moral character than Christians ? ' . Thanks.

We would like this Debate to start on March 1, 2014 which will give me time to finish my current formal debate. Please use the Standard Formal Debate Guidelines but give us 5,000 max. words per posting.

David.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Mark, I agree to debate .

But can we change the Title on the Board Menu from ' Debate with TheyCallMeDavid' to the proper Title of the Debate which is : ' Are non-Christians lower in moral character than Christians ? ' . Thanks.

We would like this Debate to start on March 1, 2014 which will give me time to finish my current formal debate. Please use the Standard Formal Debate Guidelines but give us 5,000 max. words per posting.

David.

OK, I'm going to try and get another moderator, George, to set it up. I want to get more staff involved, and moderating here is way different than the rest of CF.

Regarding the title; sounds good to me. We'll use that as both the title and the subject.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, I'm going to try and get another moderator, George, to set it up. I want to get more staff involved, and moderating here is way different than the rest of CF.

Regarding the title; sounds good to me. We'll use that as both the title and the subject.:thumbsup:

Great !

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It was my intent to have another moderator set this up, however it seems he is busy so I went ahead.

Please review these stipulations, and we can make any amendments that are required:

Title: NON CHRISTIANS ARE LOWER IN MORAL CHARACTER THAN CHRISTIANS

Subject: Are non-Christians lower in moral character than Christians ?

will argue the affirmative, that is that non Christians are lower in moral character than Christians are. bhsmte will argue against this position.

There will be three posts each (six posts total).

4. The posts will be alternating with
TheyCallMeDavid making the opening post.

5. Time limit between posts will be one week from moderator approval of the post.

6. The maximum length for each post will be 5000 words for each post in a round.

7. Quotes and outside references are allowed. Please note that all quotes will fall under the 20% copyright rule.

8. Tentative start date: March 1st. 2014.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was my intent to have another moderator set this up, however it seems he is busy so I went ahead.

Please review these stipulations, and we can make any amendments that are required:

Title: NON CHRISTIANS ARE LOWER IN MORAL CHARACTER THAN CHRISTIANS

will argue the affirmative, that is that non Christians are lower in moral character than Christians are. bhsmte will argue against this position.

5. Time limit between posts will be one week from moderator approval of the post.

6. The maximum length for each post will be 5000 words for each post in a round.

7. Quotes and outside references are allowed. Please note that all quotes will fall under the 20% copyright rule.

I was of the understanding the title would be; "Are non-believers of lower moral character than christians"?

This was David's claim on various threads, that those who do not believe in God were of lower character than christians. If the title is expanded to; non-christians, we would not be addressing David's original claim and my disagreement of that claim, which was based on non-believers, not non-christians, which is an entirely different argument.

Thanks

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was of the understanding the title would be; "Are non-believers of lower moral character than christians"?

This was David's claim on various threads, that those who do not believe in God were of lower character than christians. If the title is expanded to; non-christians, we would not be addressing David's original claim and my disagreement of that claim, which was based on non-believers, not non-christians, which is an entirely different argument.

Thanks

Mark, Ill go with what he said here for the Title . Im fine with that. Dave.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Thanks

Mark, Ill go with what he said here for the Title . Im fine with that. Dave.

Got it!:)

Title: ARE NON BELIEVERS LOWER IN MORAL CHARACTER THAN CHRISTIANS?

Anything else we should consider?:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married