Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just researched that....I didn't know that was going on.
It's unfortunate that parts of the gay community is abusing liberty...you don't have the freedom to make a movie without gays in it without being targeted.

That's why for my fantasy novel, I am looking at all the ways of self-publishing and also for all the legal ways of protecting myself so I can have my novel be a fantasy novel be a total fantasy novel in a fictional world but still have Biblical values in it, and none of this "agenda" stuff these days. Part of the back story, and I don't know how I want to suggest this yet but it will suggest that the people of this world seriously frown on that lifestyle for fear of Divine Judgement. Only the BAD guys think it's cool! :D

And anymore I don't pay much attention to modern movies anymore. And now I really screen my movies. If I see anyone crossdressing, or anything the movie goes off and on my "blacklist". I used to watch bugs bunny cartoons - but now if I see bugs bunny dress up as a woman, THAT cartoon goes off and on my "no" list.

It might seem like you'd get to the point of not being able to watch anything or whatever? so be it. I'll find other things to do. Stores like Hobby Lobby have all kinds of arts and crafts and things to do. I'll find other ways to pass the time. And I want to start putting stuff like that on my website so that other people who also want to make a break from Hollywood and the media can do likewise.

Get into polymer clay sculpting, get little wooden birdhouses and paint them or something, scrap booking, there's all kinds of things a person can get into. There's no need to sit in front of the tube or keep paying $10 to see movies full of sodomite propaganda the way I see it. :D

By the way, I don't mean to take this off topic. Since this is a "Trek" thread? Buy a model of the Enterprise and build it! They still make model kits these days. And there's more fun and satisfaction in creating something than sitting around watching the tube, right? lol!

I like to shot crazy pictures with action figures and post them on my website. "Trek vs Star Wars" (I always make Trek win! haha!)

(I won't share my website links publicly on the board. While I am trying to convert most of the site to PG-rated, there are still areas that are not and questions I wrestle with- please see my intro message in the welcome area. But I will share the PG-rated links in private message IF that is permitted.)

Edit: 2-Aug-2012 - I have been working on trying to clean up my website since this last post, now, to the point I believe most of the content should be reasonable enough for me to share the links. They are in my signature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

pointman7a

SeventhThunder said:
The new movie eliminates Vulcan, Spock's mother gets killed, etc. when none of those things happened in the original Trek. So it changes the whole timeline. And I'm a stickler for storyline. That means nothing from the original series or Next Gen can happen.

I agree..don't mess with the timeline. Where is the Temporal Prime Derective police Captain Braxton from the 31st century to stop the Romulans?

Upvote 0

LoganTH

Mar 1, 2012
Near Detroit, Michigan, USA
✟7,657.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The timeline isn't being "messed with". It's a new one, splintered off from what we've already seen. The old stuff is still there and there's always the opportunity to make new material for it as well.

As for the Prime Directive, history was altered because of Nero's attempt at killing Spock, not because of Kirk or the Federation.

And let's face it, the Prime Directive isn't consistently upheld by the crews, especially Kirk's.

Upvote 0

SeventhThunder

Antidenominational Protestant
Jul 1, 2012
Parts Unknown
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just researched that....I didn't know that was going on.
It's unfortunate that parts of the gay community is abusing liberty...you don't have the freedom to make a movie without gays in it without being targeted.

Well look at what happened now? And I realize this is the sci-fi discussion area - but look at the whole Chick-Fil-A thing! All this guy did was give his interview to a Baptist magazine and all of the sudden the left is in an uproar. You can't even have an opinion anymore unless it agrees with the sodomites and the extreme left. Reminds me of Genesis 19 - these guys were banging down the doors of Lot's house just so they could rape 2 of God's angles. It was not open to debate or discussion with Lot, it was an outright demand - non-negotiable! That's the exact same mentality that exists now and people don't see it.

I'm going to get me some Chick-Fil-A sandwiches this weekend and kick back to some old "Star Trek" episodes! Are ya with me? lol!

Upvote 0

SeventhThunder

Jul 1, 2012
Parts Unknown
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The timeline isn't being "messed with". It's a new one, splintered off from what we've already seen. The old stuff is still there and there's always the opportunity to make new material for it as well.

As for the Prime Directive, history was altered because of Nero's attempt at killing Spock, not because of Kirk or the Federation.

And let's face it, the Prime Directive isn't consistently upheld by the crews, especially Kirk's.

Yeah but as I understand timeline - if I take the new movie, I would be obligated to throw out all the old trek because now it no longer happened - all of the old series, next generation, everything! The new timeline wipes it completely out. None of it exists if you take the new movie. There's no way it can.

It's easier for me to ditch one movie and stick to what I like - my TV shows I've enjoyed all these years. To me it is either, or - there is no alternative. You can't have both timelines. If I go back in time and change something in your past everything you grew up with and know now would be wiped out just the same.

I realize Trek is fiction. But that concept doesn't elude my mind. I like the TV shows I grew up with and TNG, so I don't want to give those up for some new movie. To me it's either - or.

Upvote 0

SeventhThunder

Jul 1, 2012
Parts Unknown
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree..don't mess with the timeline. Where is the Temporal Prime Derective police Captain Braxton from the 31st century to stop the Romulans?

Better question -- why can't I have more money than bill Gates so I can buy the rights to Star Trek and restore the original timeline in the next movie, fire JJ Abrams and Rick Berman, and make sure neither of those two guys ever set foot on a "Trek" studio again? lol!

Then I would do what should have been done - instead of making "Star Trek Nemesis" which was essentially the same basic plot of "The Wrath of Kahn" with the TNG crew (all the same basic story elements are there, check it out!) I would hire back the TNG crew, find a way to bring back Data, and make a TNG movie with "Q" as they should have done! lol! :p

I thought that the last movie with the TNG crew should have been a "Q" movie myself. It started with Q, why not end it with "Q"? Besides he was one of the best villains on the show. Amusing and one you love and love to hate.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As Tiberus pointed out, All Good Things parts 1&2 were the resolution of the Q storyline and Nemesis gave us an easy out for bringing back Data... B4 the one they found and were working on at the end of the movie is singing a tune(and in the novelization of the movie it's quiet clear it's the song from the wedding "Never saw the Sun").

So either B4 and Data switched places and B4 died on Shinzon's ship or Data's consciousness was copied into B4 and now B4 is Data.... either way a death cheat for Data if you want to use it.

What I wanted from the movies was a Deep Space Nine Movie... "The Return of the Emmisary" Would be a good place to start, as obvious from my title for it, Sisko returns from resting with the Prophets and resumes command (or at least attempts to) of DS9 and The Defiant II. It will also focus a little on his realtionships with Jake and Kasidy Yates-Sisko.

Another DS9 movie idea... We see what happens in the Gamma Quadrant after The Great Link is healed, and the Jem'Hadar are freed from their dependence on K-White and the Vorta's control.

Just my .02cents do with it what you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Also I must revise my thought that "we still have Enterprise in this new timeline"....
The end of Enterprise like or not(I don't for many reasons 1)It makes Riker look weaker than he is. 2)We have a poor resolution for a good series and the end of the long run of Star Trek.) - was tied directly to the TNG Episode "The Pegasus Incident" And many episodes featured things that would later be addressed by either TOS or TNG.... without those series Enterprise doesn't really work. So Enterprise also doesn't exist in the New Trek world.....

And I wanted to like Star Trek because of the actors... but I gotta hate on it because it destroy's everything else Trek.....
Well then again it is J.J.Abrams and look at what he did to the Transformers Franchise (he broke every Brown bag rule of drama - potty jokes, drinking, and innuendo while good for cheap laughs are not good for drama unless they done by the bad guys{excepting drinking- the good guys can do it, just not to excess, yet one of the heroes is a drunk and all the good characters have brown moments})

Upvote 0

SeventhThunder

Jul 1, 2012
Parts Unknown
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It did end with Q. All Good Things.

True but... I still think the last TNG movie should have been Q, not a remake of the "Wrath of Kahn". that's just me. lol! :)

I had kind of hoped they would make some all new Trek instead of "rebooting" and "remaking" it - like perhaps 20 years or 50 years after TNG or something? 100 years later? How might have things evolved with the relations between the Cardasians, the Ferengi? the Borg? etc during that time. Would there be an Enterprise with a Romulan security officer or even chief engineer just like TNG had Worf? Life aboard the "Enterprise 1701-G" or something? Some kind of new ideas about warp drive? etc. After all, isn't "Star Trek" all about "going forward"?

Some of the ideas I've read about space science in recent years I'm sure would make for some fascinating episodes just like they did with TNG at the time they shot those.

Just a thought. People can like what they want that's just my thinking on this whole thing.

Upvote 0
P

pointman7a

SeventhThunder said:
True but... I still think the last TNG movie should have been Q
It's too late for Q to come back. The actor is too old for the all powerful, non-aging Q part. Getting another actor would not work. Like Patrick Stewart is too old now for anymore movies except a small scene as retired "has been" captain picking grapes in France.
But Star Trek must continue.

Upvote 0

SeventhThunder

Jul 1, 2012
Parts Unknown
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's too late for Q to come back. The actor is too old for the all powerful, non-aging Q part. Getting another actor would not work. Like Patrick Stewart is too old now for anymore movies except a small scene as retired "has been" captain picking grapes in France.
But Star Trek must continue.

I beg to differ. Look what they did in Tron Legacy to create the young "Kevin Flynn" by mapping a younger version of Jeff Bridges' face onto a younger actor. I'm not saying they need do this for the whole crew. But on the other hand they only did "Nemesis" a few years ago.

As far as "Trek moving on" I would agree - I think any new Trek should be completely new and they should quit rebooting and recycling and changing the old. I think "Nemesis" was "The Wrath of Kahn" redone and fecal matter. Nonetheless "the Romulans were willing to talk". OK, so take that and let's go 20-30 years later and see what happens.

Maybe there is some huge Romulan-Federation-Klingon alliance against the Borg? Perhaps the Cardassians and the Ferengi created an alliance against them? Or some new enemy even more menacing than the Borg? Who knows. But perhaps entertain some of the latest ideas about time and space science in the latest Trek. Move forward then, back, make them quit recycling! that's what would happen if I had a say in it. But I've already shared these ideas.

Oh, and I would dismantle some of the "political correctness" of Star Trek just a bit! lol! Especially after watching a documentary like "Trekkies" and seeing how some people make it about certain "lifestyles" and wear Trek uniforms to jury duty and and things of that nature and act like it's all real. And I've watched "Trek" my whole life. Makes me laugh harder now when I watch "Galaxy Quest".

I've never in my life worn a "Trek" outfit. I have some collectables sure, and I've even done some photo manipulations of my model of the starship Enterprise in space and put them on my website along with some other fun pictures - Lt. Worf pile driving Darth Vader and Yoda getting his head cut off etc. (I even got "Darth Vader vs the Borg" - I always make "Star Wars" lose!) but there are limits to my own "geekyness" with this thing.

Like William Shatner said in 1986 on Saturday Night Live, as a joke - "Get a life! It's just a TV show!" lol! (I thought that was funny as can be! And I'm a Trek fan! I loved it. I have never been to a "Trek" convention. I have been to "Gen Con" when it was in Milwaukee but that's as close as it got) I think I still got that on video tape somewhere and if I do I'm going to put that skit to a DVD with my DVD recorder.

Anyways, sorry about the rant! lol!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tron Legacy stunk. The original rocked! I saw that movie when I was a kid, adored it day one. I was excited about TL coming out, then was totally blown away at how uninteresting and bland it was.

Upvote 0

Paul K

Dec 9, 2013
✟8,538.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am a fan of star trek, maybe a closet trekkie. I never thought about going all ga ga over autographs or photos of actors. But If theres a star trek episode on tv, I'm all for watching it. I truly enjoyed watching TOS, Deep Space Nine, Voyager. Even now, They are no longer on tv or making anymore new episodes, I still watch them even though I already saw them.

Upvote 0