I can eat 50 eggs

what we have here is a failure to communicate
Oct 3, 2002
Hampstead, Maryland
Visit site
✟16,632.00
Faith
Christian
<B>[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Is there anything in the Apostles creed you don't believe?, if so, what?[/font]</B><B>[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]</B>

<B>[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The Apostles' Creed[/font]</B>

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.[/font]

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well I know you are looking for more of a comment than this to start the discussion but I love this creed. Maybe it was because Rich Mullins took it and some of Chesterton and prodced his popular song. I think this creed sums up true orthodox faith in a quick and concise way. of course it does nto cover everything but it was written to weed out the heretics (gnostics,etc. ) of the early church. They had specific false teachings that they wanted to guard against so at baptism they would recite this in a form of 3 questions. Each time the person had to agree with the creed in order to be baptized. Much attention was placed on Jesus being God and human and that he had a real life. Many heretics believed that Christ did not have a real body and that He sis not actually die so saying that He died helped to spread proper theology throughout the church.

I am a baptist. And we say the Bible is our creed but personally I wish that we would adopt the pracitce of many of our Christian brothers in reciting and studying the ancient creeds. Especially the Apostles creed.

Upvote 0

I can eat 50 eggs

what we have here is a failure to communicate
Oct 3, 2002
Hampstead, Maryland
Visit site
✟16,632.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Blackhawk
I am a baptist. And we say the Bible is our creed but personally I wish that we would adopt the pracitce of many of our Christian brothers in reciting and studying the ancient creeds. Especially the Apostles creed.

&nbsp;

ditto. :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.