Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posted this in anther thread and I thought this would be a good discussion.

Then October 14, 1985 changed my life forever. Because of a series of events, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My life changed in an instant

That is an interesting turn of phrase.

What do you find interesting?

Have you not heard of someone accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior?

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

At the moment of my Salvation I knew I was living in a relationship with God that I had never known before. Perhaps we can open a dialog on personal relationships with Christ. The focus of the thread is not what someone said, but what the individual has experienced.

For me personally, part of what I experienced was an incredible peace I had never known. I also experienced my first miracle that same night. A bleeding ulcer was completely healed in an instant. Yes, doctor confirmed.

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟129,431.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

It is interesting because it says what a person accepts making no mention of what he is given and receives.

I have heard the phrase many times and every time it produces the same wonderment on my part; what I received is the life of Christ given to me by grace and without merit or payment on my part. It is a gift; I am grateful for it.

Salvation was given to me, it is currently being given, and, God willing, it will continue to be given to me until I stand before the Blessed Trinity beholding the face of God without dying. To see God as he really is means that I am seen as I really am, without excuses, coverups, or any kind of obscuration. To finally know as I am fully known, to trust in one who is fully and completely worthy of trust. This is the beatific vision; may God grant it to us all.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I posted this in anther thread and I thought this would be a good discussion.

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

At the moment of my Salvation I knew I was living in a relationship with God that I had never known before. Perhaps we can open a dialog on personal relationships with Christ. The focus of the thread is not what someone said, but what the individual has experienced.

For me personally, part of what I experienced was an incredible peace I had never known. I also experienced my first miracle that same night. A bleeding ulcer was completely healed in an instant. Yes, doctor confirmed.
I typically do not like videos for explaining Christianity, plus I am a Catholic, but this guy explains that we must do more than accept Jesus. We must repent of disbelief, and must have full faith/belief in Jesus.

Guy explains in 13 minutes about Repentance and Faith (yeah, the thumbnail is a little bit much)

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I typically do not like videos for explaining Christianity, plus I am a Catholic, but this guy explains that we must do more than accept Jesus. We must repent of disbelief, and must have full faith/belief in Jesus.

Guy explains in 13 minutes about Repentance and Faith (yeah, the thumbnail is a little bit much)
I will stay with Romans 10

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Are aware of who this gentleman is and/or his statements on Catholics?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I used to hear this a lot more, decades ago,
and might have not heard this but once or twice if that much, in the last five years....

Is there anywhere to go to meet people who have been immersed in Jesus' Name and live their lives all day every day as Jesus' followers ?

Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟277,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In other words, Romans 10 must be taken in context, see Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The way to Salvation is the way He says, not the way I say. Jesus never told us to listen to our hearts.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, Romans 10 must be taken in context, see Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The way to Salvation is the way He says, not the way I say. Jesus never told us to listen to our hearts.
That is literally what I just posted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟129,431.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure, but for this, he stated stuff well. His name is Todd Friel.
He is a well-known Calvinist, I believe, and has made some profoundly anti-Catholic statements over the years along with John Macarthur one of his associates.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is a well-known Calvinist, I believe, and has made some profoundly anti-Catholic statements over the years along with John Macarthur one of his associates.
Yeah, sadly everyone has flaws. Thank you for pointing this out, cos I am Catholic, though I do not do the hail Marys or the Rosary, as I have ADHD and get bored with repetitive prayers.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to hear this a lot more, decades ago,
and might have not heard this but once or twice if that much, in the last five years....

Is there anywhere to go to meet people who have been immersed in Jesus' Name and live their lives all day every day as Jesus' followers ?
Yes, absolutely. There are millions of born-again spirit filled Christians all over the face of the Earth, who have excepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Tell me what area of the country you’re in and I’ll send you some names of churches, the organization that I am connected to Has founded more than 33,000 churches in the last 10 years.

Jesus Christ is preached all over the globe. The salvation message of accepting Jesus Christ has been preached for thousands of years. Reverend Billy Graham was perhaps the best at preaching that message.
I am not sure, but for this, he stated stuff well. His name is Todd Friel.
I mean absolutely no offense, but I would rather take the word of Reverend Billy Graham, who minister to over 1 billion people worldwide and accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then some used car salesman who has a show on the Internet.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is interesting because it says what a person accepts making no mention of what he is given and receives.
Well, perhaps some do not need 500 words to express themselves. But since you brought it up, I’m happy to share what was given and received.

What was given from God and received by me was my Salvation as St. Paul wrote in the Holy Scriptures to the church at Rome

Rome 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

That wonderful night I called on the Lord Jesus Christ, I confessed with my mouth that He is my Lord and I believed in my heart that God Raised Him from the dead. With my heart I believed unto Righteousness and in that moment, just the Lord and I in that room - I was washed clean of my sins and raised up into Righteousness.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

I became a new creation, all things became new.

I realized what I was missing my whole life. God touched me personally - the bleeding ulcer I had been being treated for was instantly healed.

I had a freedom to pray and seek Him as a Father. I can pray (talk to Him) just like I could speak plainly to anyone else, but there is always a reverence and awe from me.

After I have lived a good full life, I have this assurance that I will see Him face to face and He will say - Well done.

Between now and then, I have the privilege of being a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sharing the Good News, Leading others to accept Him as their Lord and savior - to accept the free gift of Salvation.

Because of that relationship I choose to walk a Holy and Repented life - not because I fear Him - but because I love Him.

Hope that clarifies things for you.Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

May 18, 2022
Perth
✟129,431.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, absolutely. There are millions of born-again spirit filled Christians all over the face of the Earth, who have excepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Tell me what area of the country you’re in and I’ll send you some names of churches, the organization that I am connected to Has founded more than 33,000 churches in the last 10 years.

Jesus Christ is preached all over the globe. The salvation message of accepting Jesus Christ has been preached for thousands of years. Reverend Billy Graham was perhaps the best at preaching that message.

I mean absolutely no offense, but I would rather take the word of Reverend Billy Graham, who minister to over 1 billion people worldwide and accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then some used car salesman who has a show on the Internet.
I will not trust any big televangelist, so we must look to our Bibles directly for answers.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟712,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will not trust any big televangelist, so we must look to our Bibles directly for answers.
Then why did you post the video of the used car salesman to stress a point?

and why do you not reply to the Bible verses I quote?

Upvote 0