• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

An article on "pimping" by Harmony Dust

hammer123

Jan 10, 2013
✟15,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Phogg

Bent, Folded, Stapled and Mutilated
Mar 18, 2012
In the Ironbound section, near Avenue L
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most pimps are black and that is why I will never allows my daughters to ever date one.

Most pimps are whatever ethnicity the populace where they are is. Go to Tokyo and I assure you that you will not find any of the pimps or madams to be black.

Find a different excuse for your racism.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most pimps are black and that is why I will never allows my daughters to ever date one.

What would you say if I said, "Well most serial killers are white therefore I'm not going to let my daughter date any white guys..."

Talk about an ignorant statement that makes no sense....

How can you judge an entire race of people based on the transgressions of a few?

It makes me so sad that in the 21st century ignorance and racism still exist... And what I find surprising is that many people who consider themselves righteous will somehow find a way to justify their racism and on occasion even use the bible to help them justify their racism...

For the sake of argument, lets say you are from some small town in Alabama called Uville. You are applying for a job at my firm and I look at your resume and see that you are qualified. You seem nice and a perfect fit for the job. But then I find out that you are from Uville and I've had bad experiences with people from Uville. Granted, i've only met 3 people from that town in my entire life but the first person I met from Uville mugged me. The second person hit my car while drinking and driving. Third person I met tried to steal my identity.

Is it logical for me to draw the conclusion that since the 3 people i've met from Uville were bad that you are bad. 3 people represent less than 0.1% of the population...

Anyways, I know I can't cure racism in a single post using logic, reason, and common sense...

But it makes me so sad.

Incidentally, there are plenty of white pimps and madams running around... People are people...

Here are some pics of the biggest pimps in recent history Hiedi Fleiss, Dennis Hof, Joe Conforte... And in Joe Conforte's case, you can add murderer to his resume, he fled from justice and is holed up in South America

006248_28.jpg

dennis-hof-133048695.jpg

398857697_MUSTANG_RANCHx.jpg

Of course, I can find pics of Asian pimps and Mexican pimps, or Black pimps...

People are people... And every group of people will have their miscreants

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This article really tears at my heart - it basically describes what my "pimp" did to me... I know many others can relate...

How to be a Pimp : Treasures

Speaking about the article, it is interesting.

This may be counter intuitive, but it may be helpful for families to read. IN particular those with family members who may be susceptible to that lifestyle. You know, rebellious self destructive daughters getting into drugs and all that...

The article provides a window into the mindset of how these girls are preyed on...

And it also shows how families can inadvertently drive their daughters into the arms of these guys...

I know of some families that did nothing but yell at their kids telling them how worthless they were and how they would never amount to anything... And then the kids ran away... Of course, those are bigger problems of abuse and neglect but you get the point.

Anyways, interesting article...

Upvote 0

hammer123

Jan 10, 2013
✟15,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What would you say if I said, "Well most serial killers are white therefore I'm not going to let my daughter date any white guys..."

Talk about an ignorant statement that makes no sense....

How can you judge an entire race of people based on the transgressions of a few?

It makes me so sad that in the 21st century ignorance and racism still exist... And what I find surprising is that many people who consider themselves righteous will somehow find a way to justify their racism and on occasion even use the bible to help them justify their racism...

For the sake of argument, lets say you are from some small town in Alabama called Uville. You are applying for a job at my firm and I look at your resume and see that you are qualified. You seem nice and a perfect fit for the job. But then I find out that you are from Uville and I've had bad experiences with people from Uville. Granted, i've only met 3 people from that town in my entire life but the first person I met from Uville mugged me. The second person hit my car while drinking and driving. Third person I met tried to steal my identity.

Is it logical for me to draw the conclusion that since the 3 people i've met from Uville were bad that you are bad. 3 people represent less than 0.1% of the population...

Anyways, I know I can't cure racism in a single post using logic, reason, and common sense...

But it makes me so sad.

Incidentally, there are plenty of white pimps and madams running around... People are people...

Here are some pics of the biggest pimps in recent history Hiedi Fleiss, Dennis Hof, Joe Conforte... And in Joe Conforte's case, you can add murderer to his resume, he fled from justice and is holed up in South America

006248_28.jpg

dennis-hof-133048695.jpg

398857697_MUSTANG_RANCHx.jpg

Of course, I can find pics of Asian pimps and Mexican pimps, or Black pimps...

People are people... And every group of people will have their miscreants

Most serial killers are not white, that is an old wives tale. Police when they were RACIST, did not investigate the killings of blacks like they investigated the killings of whites. It has been found recently that just as many blacks are serial killers as whites.

I am not a racist I am a realist. Since the 1960's the media often doesn't give the race of a criminal, because if Americans knew the true stats, they would demand justice.

Upvote 0

Phogg

Mar 18, 2012
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most serial killers are not white, that is an old wives tale. Police when they were RACIST, did not investigate the killings of blacks like they investigated the killings of whites. It has been found recently that just as many blacks are serial killers as whites.

I am not a racist I am a realist. Since the 1960's the media often doesn't give the race of a criminal, because if Americans knew the true stats, they would demand justice.

Absolutely you are a racist, and one that is personally not very bright.

You have to be a very special kind of stupid to come on a forum for people who have gotten out of the sex industry (or are trying to get out) and convince all of us that despite our personal experiences your assertion that pimps are really mostly black is true.

On being countered, you have doubled down by doggedly pointing out that what the media says isn't always true. An irrelevancy if ever there was one.

We didn't get our view from the media.

And not all of us are what you call "White."

And of those of us that are ... many of our children are mixed race. Probably not pure enough for you, and likely to become pimps.

Upvote 0

hammer123

Jan 10, 2013
✟15,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely you are a racist, and one that is personally not very bright.

You have to be a very special kind of stupid to come on a forum for people who have gotten out of the sex industry (or are trying to get out) and convince all of us that despite our personal experiences your assertion that pimps are really mostly black is true.

On being countered, you have doubled down by doggedly pointing out that what the media says isn't always true. An irrelevancy if ever there was one.

We didn't get our view from the media.

And not all of us are what you call "White."

And of those of us that are ... many of our children are mixed race. Probably not pure enough for you, and likely to become pimps.

What percent of pimps in America are black?

Upvote 0

Phogg

Mar 18, 2012
✟7,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would anyone know? Pimps that run Massage Parlors, home daycares, fitness centers, and dozens of other common fronts very seldom get caught.

Not all prostituion is streetwork. Street is faster when you are desperate, and more visible for Johns who aren't versed in finding sex - but it ain't the whole picture - nor neccesarily the biggest part of the picture. Dope houses - a step away from street work may be the biggest segment of the pie in the area I live in now.

Roughly two out of every five people in recovery from childhood sexual abuse go on to have some experience in sex work as adults. Most of us do it part time in venues where we don't get busted.

I did get picked up working street once but got a warning as I had no money on me and had just gotten into the John's car. So I did less street after that, and was more careful about straying into areas that the city wanted kept nice.

I have talked to a lot of people at group therapies and in survivor site chat rooms over the last decade. There is a huge variety of ways people find someone willing to pay them. But... discussing it outside of other people commited to stopping runs too much risk of becoming a tutorial for how to not get caught. I want people still in the life to get caught, because I want them to stop.

I can tell you that while I mostly free lanced after adulthood, the times I wasn't free lancing were for different non black ethnicities - and a lot of friends I have in recovery also never worked in the industry for someone black.

Note that I am not saying there are not Black pimps, just that they are not predominant in every locality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Okay, just to be clear, you have no problem acknowledging that whites and blacks can be killers on an equivalent basis...

but you can't extend that logical connection to prostitution???

So, if I were to follow your logic, any region that doesn't have blacks will also not have pimps because only blacks are pimps???

When talking crime, the REAL contributing factor to crime is NOT race, but rather, it is economics.

People are people.

...I am not a racist I am a realist.

No, you are a racist. Any fact I submit to you, you will ignore or claim "the media conspiracy..." as a reason to ignore it.

There are about 30 million black people in America. Are you saying that all 30 million of them are pimps, drug dealers, and murderers???

I'm sure even you wouldn't claim that. But what you will claim is you will use the stats of the minority to judge the majority.

Every race has their problem children. I mean, how many white pedophiles and serial killers and other criminals are there? How many whites are skin heads and nazis? Would it be fair for me to judge all white people based on those nutballs???

But somehow, in your mind, you can hate or dislike an ENTIRE race of people based on what a minority within that race has done...

I guess if I used your logic, i'd hate all white people because i've had plenty of white people throughout my life do me wrong...

THankfully, my mind is rationale and I recognize that those scumbags were only a "minority" of the whole white race and that it is stupid to judge people I haven't even met by the actions of other people.

because if Americans knew the true stats, they would demand justice.

This is some kind of racist talking point. Like only you know the truth and are smart enough to see past a conspiracy that has been in place since 1960...

My whole life, I've argued with racists and what strikes me as funny is that they rarely if ever think they are racist. In their minds, they are able to twist the fabric of reality such that they think they are right and the rest of us our wrong...

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
...I did get picked up working street once but got a warning...

I have talked to a lot of people at group therapies and in survivor site chat rooms over the last decade....

I can tell you that while I mostly free lanced after adulthood, the times I wasn't free lancing were for different non black ethnicities - and a lot of friends I have in recovery also never worked in the industry for someone black.....

Note that I am not saying there are not Black pimps, just that they are not predominant in every locality.

Sorry, your real life personal experiences in this matter are no match for hammer123's ivory tower opinions...

Upvote 0