✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps laws could be changed in the West to correspond

God's Word doesn't appear to support the death penalty for fraud but does supporting repayment and paying penalties over and above repaying those that have been defrauded.

Vietnam is a communist country so we don't want to turn communist as that would eventually result in those not supporting communism being murdered in the great purge of non-communists that always takes place when a nation falls to communism.

In the US, that means a good old fashioned bloody civil war

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A purge similar to the demands for social media censorship?

Social media needs to be forced to allow conservatives to have free speech on their platforms just like liberals are allowed to have.

Our government is failing the citizens by not forcing these privately owned platforms to honor the US Constitution for all Americans.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed, free speech for all and not repercussions from either side.

Those that believe conservatives should also have free speech are referred to as fascists by the liberals.

Liberals believe they are the only ones that should be allowed to have free speech due to their communist leanings

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟908,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟908,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Lord supports the death penalty for those that murder people.

It's intended to be a deterrent that causes others to not murder.
Problem I have with the death penalty (among other issues, but as it relates to the Lord supporting it is that sense we are NOT God and we cannot bring people back if we are wrong. However, I do NOT have a problem with someone killing another in self defense or defense of others if it is reasonable, but if it is afer the fact I do not support it. I have other reasons that do not have anything to do with religion as well, but for people whose agruement is the Lord supports it I feel that sense we live in a fallen world and we are NOT the Lord then the death penalty should NOT be considered a suitable punishment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, the Lord certainly supports murderers being killed as penalty for murdering others.

Romans 13:3,4
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

The Lord's old testament instructions go hand in hand with Romans 13:3,4 as He never changes.

We do live in a time of lawlessness where criminals end up having more rights that those that are victimized by crime which is unjust before the Lord.

When Jesus is ruling during His 1000 year reign He will rule with an iron hand and there won't be lawlessness

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟908,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, the Lord certainly supports murderers being killed as penalty for murdering others.

Romans 13:3,4
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

The Lord's old testament instructions go hand in hand with Romans 13:3,4 as He never changes.

We do live in a time of lawlessness where criminals end up having more rights that those that are victimized by crime which is unjust before the Lord.

When Jesus is ruling during His 1000 year reign He will rule with an iron hand and there won't be lawlessness
Well but Jesus is perfect as one of professors at my Christian college used to say there is a God and I'm not Him. Since mere mortals are not perfect and death cannot be revveased once carried out then the death penalty as applied be fallen humans should not be trusted. This is why I do not have an issue with people killing in self defense or defense of others if a person is directly trying to cause harm at the moment the lethal force is used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the death penalty as applied be fallen humans should not be trusted.

The Lord authorized imperfect people to execute wrath upon them that do evil and even calls them a minister of God in Romans 13:3,4

Not obeying the Lord's instructions has led to this age of lawlessness we are living in now since there is very little deterrent anymore for doing evil.

That's alright, the Lord will have the same instructions during His 1000 year reign and those that do evil will experience wrath quickly. Meanwhile, while we are here all we have is self defense since government is breaking down and failing the people it's supposed to be serving.

Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟908,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Lord authorized imperfect people to execute wrath upon them that do evil and even calls them a minister of God in Romans 13:3,4

Not obeying the Lord's instructions has led to this age of lawlessness we are living in now since there is very little deterrent anymore for doing evil.

That's alright, the Lord will have the same instructions during His 1000 year reign and those that do evil will experience wrath quickly. Meanwhile, while we are here all we have is self defense since government is breaking down and failing the people it's supposed to be serving.
There are a number of ther reasons I oppose it as well. Now granted most of those indirectly have to do with how long it takes, As to your point about it showing up in Romans's that does not appear to call for the death penalty direcly as it mearly says that people should be afraid of the government if they do wrong. There are other punishments that the government uses besides the death penalty. Moreover, that says nothing about murder being the only thing people can do wrong. Other than that it appears that neither of us will move concerning our stance on the death penalty therfore we will just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,608.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Elites have always been notorious for their punishments and exploitations of the masses (including within religions). Suggestions for punishing the elites, not that there will ever be a time when someone doesn't step in to take their place. We don't seem to see deterring examples of it in the western worlds simply because the system is not set up to punish itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟28,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Social media needs to be forced to allow conservatives to have free speech on their platforms just like liberals are allowed to have.

Our government is failing the citizens by not forcing these privately owned platforms to honor the US Constitution for all Americans.
I was a poster in good standing on a LOT of forums since 1997. Then Covid hit. My hobby became getting cancelled. It was comical. The extra comical part was that time proved every one of my positions right. But I'm a lot less active on the interwebs now so at the end of the day it was better for me.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
First Amendment forbids that. Private media can't be forced to carry messages they don't want to carry.

Do you really think Trump should be executed for defrauding people in his fake "Trump University" scam, or for defrauding banks and the government for fraudulently misrepresenting the value of his properties for loans and to avoid paying taxes?

Upvote 0