• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks Kim for the info....I sure want healing though. :)

Stevia should be available in health food stores...don't know anything about what Norway has available though. I've used Stevia, but have a hard time accepting it's unique idea of sweet. And of course we use Splenda and don't NOTICE any problems, but those problems could be very sneaky. If Splenda is activating the pancrease...oh my! Not good at all. It could be what caused my problem. It's only since I've been using Splenda that my blood sugar went up and I've not been able to get it down. I will quit imediately and see if there is an improvement.

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I went to see the doc again today and found out more about cinnamon. He gave me a paper on how a study had been done with cinnamon and not only did it lower sugar levels, the results remained after the test ended.

"Cinnamon seems to have an insulin-like effect in your body. If you have type 2 diabetes (or even if you don't) add cinnamon to your coffee (before brewing) or tea, sprinkle it on your oatmeal or toast, or even add a sprinkle or two to your orange juice. Cinnamon can be used in baking, cinnamon sticks can be used to stir tea or coffee, and cinnamon can be sprinkled on salads, desserts, and other foods. Just a little, used on most days, could have a significant effect on your health. "
So that's pretty good news. And 6 grams of cinnamon is like 1 rounded teaspoon.

So, enjoy the cinnamon, barley and stevia that the Lord provides. :)

I'm off to the health food store for some stevia too, as I already know that's good for us diabetics.
Here's a website where that study is discussed:

http://vanderbiltowc.wellsource.com/dh/content.asp?ID=1855

GOD BLESS YOU

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, I bought some Stevia to sweeten things with. I was surprized to find out that they sell it in a white powder form and it doesn't have that strong taste it used to have when I got it in the liquid brown form. So I can still put it in tea and make lemonade. :)

I'll let ya'll know how the sugar levels are tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Qidron said:
OK, I bought some Stevia to sweeten things with. I was surprized to find out that they sell it in a white powder form and it doesn't have that strong taste it used to have when I got it in the liquid brown form. So I can still put it in tea and make lemonade. :)

I'll let ya'll know how the sugar levels are tomorrow.

Shall be intresting to see if it have gone down.I hope so for you:prayer:

What is the word browing means:blush:

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rut said:

Rut, I think she is talking about the color of the sweetener in liquid form. I have never used it, so I am not sure, but I think that is what she is talking about.

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rut said:

Hi Rut
The color of the Stevia when I bought it in a liquid form was brown. The taste was also stronger. The Stevia I bought the other day is white powder and tastes better.

I think I will have to be more careful when I post. It seems that the translation is getting confusing.

God bless you!

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Qidron said:
Hi Rut
The color of the Stevia when I bought it in a liquid form was brown. The taste was also stronger. The Stevia I bought the other day is white powder and tastes better.

I think I will have to be more careful when I post. It seems that the translation is getting confusing.

God bless you!

Thank you for explaining the word

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Col303

Finding joy in the journey
Apr 5, 2006
New Jersey
✟15,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

So glad to find this thread. I was diagnosed with type II 4 years ago. Currently taking Glucophage and Actos, my levels have been doing well. Slowly but surely losing the weight.

Found a website awhile ago that has some great recipes. It's: DiabeticGourmet.com

Upvote 0

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Col303 said:
Hi everyone,

So glad to find this thread. I was diagnosed with type II 4 years ago. Currently taking Glucophage and Actos, my levels have been doing well. Slowly but surely losing the weight.

Found a website awhile ago that has some great recipes. It's: DiabeticGourmet.com

Hi, glad to meet you. Very glad your levels are good. Thanks for the link too. :)

Upvote 0

CurlyLocks

Mar 10, 2006
Texas
✟7,913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Joining this thread!!! Hi mamabear!!!!!

I am 'borderline'..... I don't take anything for it yet... I recently joined an online program designed to set people free from eating disorders... and it has really helped me to get my diet undercontrol... with God's help.

I've started walking everyday... and am feeling much better.

I'm thinking that my annual doctor visit is coming up.... so it will be interesting to see if I've made any progress.....

I booked marked that website, Col303.... it looks good!!!

CurlyLocks

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CurlyLocks said:
Joining this thread!!! Hi mamabear!!!!!

I am 'borderline'..... I don't take anything for it yet... I recently joined an online program designed to set people free from eating disorders... and it has really helped me to get my diet undercontrol... with God's help.

I've started walking everyday... and am feeling much better.

I'm thinking that my annual doctor visit is coming up.... so it will be interesting to see if I've made any progress.....

I booked marked that website, Col303.... it looks good!!!

CurlyLocks

Hi Curlylocks!!! Welcome!:wave:

I was diagnosed in 2003, and hasve taken some weight off slowly. It didn't go on overnight, it won't come off overnight. My numbers are getting better since i've started taking Glucophage. I don't walk every day, but about twice a week, I get around my MH park.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tizwit said:
I was Diagnosed at the age of 15 and now work as a nurse in the area of pediatrics and I also do work with those that have also been diagnosed with Diabetes. Not to mention Camp every summer.. Stressful but fun.

Thanks for posting, Tizwit! Welcome to CF!
Have you had any problems associated with diabetes?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.