Against Calvinism

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,083,615.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Calvinism... The fruits....

I was brought up Baptist and also work with Baptists. I have Baptists that are good friends and Christians in the Lord. With a great many of them I have no problem with them as being eternally secure. They show the fruits of Christ and I would not imagine them ever turning aside from Christ to the things of the world.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you. - Galatians 4:19
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. - Matthew 10:22
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. - Matthew 24:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. - Mark 13:13
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

And then there are the folk who have never had Christ fully born within the heart. These are unstable souls that I am not convinced of their eternal destiny. If they are not careful they will be caught with unclean garments and will spend time on earth during tribulation.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So Calvinism cannot be the truth then, since it has been accepted by you, a sinner. Come on, be serious!

I'm being very serious, there are places where I am going to be wrong in my theology because I'm a sinner, yes, I just don't see this being one of them since all arguments I have seen against this theology are man centered not God centered, anthropologic rather than theologic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

From a review:

Much of the time Olson outlines the myths that Calvinists or critics of Arminianism ostensibly hold to without providing any documentation for the charge: see pages 9, 10, 12, 15, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 29, 30, 33, 46, 55, 80, 81, 82, 93, 95, 115, 116, 151, 201, 206, 220.

The chapter title for "Myth 9" is "Arminian Theology Denies Justification by Grace Alone Through Faith Alone." But the critic that Olson cites to open the chapter actually critiques Arminians for denying the imputation of Christ's righteousness (200). Olson is able to demonstrate that Arminius did hold to imputed righteousness, but he is forced to concede that many of the Arminians whose views he had been tracing through the book were either unclear or actually did deny the imputation of Christ's righteousness (208, 214, 216-19). Furthermore the only contemporary examples Olson could cite of Arminians who clearly accepted the imputation of Christ's righteousness actually reject the label Arminian. It seems hardly fair to chastise Calvinists for perpetuating a myth when the "myth" is actually believed by a fair number of representative Arminians.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0